Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that it will once again hold its monthlong iTunes Festival in London this year, with 30 nights of concerts at The Roundhouse during the month of September. The full schedule of performances is yet to be announced, but Apple has revealed that the lineup will include Justin Timberlake, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Jack Johnson and Jessie J.
"This year's iTunes Festival is the best ever with an incredible lineup of global superstars and stellar emerging artists," said Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. "Music fans around the world are going to love watching this incredible month of music, whether in London at the Roundhouse or on their iOS device. We're honored so many renowned artists are part of this year's lineup."
itunes_festival_2013_banner.jpg
Free tickets for the concerts are available through iTunes in a lottery system, with media partners in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Japan and Mexico also giving away tickets as part of promotional competitions. The concerts will also be broadcast via iOS app, iTunes on the computer, and Apple TV.

Apple also typically releases a series of live EPs from each year's shows through the iTunes Store.

Apple traditionally sponsored the iTunes Festival each July since its inception in 2007, but last year moved the festival to September and has opted to keep to that schedule for 2013. More details on the concert lineup and schedule will be released over the coming weeks and months.

Article Link: Apple Announces 2013 iTunes Festival in London Scheduled for September

ktmusagi

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
So that Apple can pay their tax in the Republic of Ireland instead :)

The Republic of Ireland would be...a republic; not part of the United Kingdom of the British Isles which are England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. So having a concert in Britain makes no more difference to their Tax payments in RoI than a concert in the US would.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
I love iTunes Festival, thanks to it last year I discovered 2 artist I love now. I will watch all the show on my AppleTV!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
nevermind

I read your comment before you changed it.:p

The thing is, Apple is a global company, now, act like one.
I am not saying they shouldn't have a concert in the States, I am just saying, for once they do something more outside of the US and "you" start to complain.

I am from a country where several big global companies are from, Philips, Shell, Unilever, AMSL.
Now, they act like a global companies, Apple in many ways doesn't.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I read your comment before you changed it.:p

The thing is, Apple is a global company, now, act like one.
I am not saying they shouldn't have a concert in the States, I am just saying, for once they do something more outside of the US and "you" start to complain.

I am from a country where several big global companies are from, Philips, Shell, Unilever, AMSL.
Now, they act like a global companies, Apple in many ways doesn't.

Let me guess your from Holland :) ?
Your right what your saying Apple is a global company and also they will bring out certain services to certain countries as well. For example. The iTunes movie trailer app is only available in the USA. I wish they had that here in the UK.

We also tend to in my opinion have the better Apple stores for example the one in Berlin, Paris, Convent Garden in London. However then again they have an amazing looking store in NYC. I guess people have to remember that Apple do not have to cater for just the USA anymore it will cater for all over the world and bring out promotions etc as it sees fit.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Let me guess your from Holland :) ?
Your right what your saying Apple is a global company and also they will bring out certain services to certain countries as well. For example. The iTunes movie trailer app is only available in the USA. I wish they had that here in the UK.

We also tend to in my opinion have the better Apple stores for example the one in Berlin, Paris, Convent Garden in London. However then again they have an amazing looking store in NYC. I guess people have to remember that Apple do not have to cater for just the USA anymore it will cater for all over the world and bring out promotions etc as it sees fit.

Originally, yes, but they don't have vulcano's there, now do they.;)

It's getting better and better but Apple still has to go a long way before I consider them a "real" Global company.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
So that Apple can pay their tax in the Republic of Ireland instead :)

You do get that you may as well be saying "lets do something in Mexico as it'll give us a tax break in the US.

Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK, it's an individual country.

Geography...

Tutac

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
Yeah. Personnally I'd prefer to have cheaper Apple prices, quicker availability and a wider choice like you doin the US than an option to ask for free tickets to a concert that will be very heavily over subscribed.

Totally what I was thinking. I mean come on, you people have so much there and still complain, seriously? -.-

Some people just don't see what they already got, and constantly look for more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.