PDA

View Full Version : Scrabble for iPad update

baxlobs
May 30, 2013, 11:56 AM
My Mrs is very cross, her favourite game on her iPad was Scrabble, but the latest update has, in her opinion, ruined the game.

Is there any way of reversing the update, or obtaining the original version?

dancj
May 30, 2013, 03:18 PM
I haven't tried it since the update, but I did notice that the iPhone Scrabble Tile Rack app is gone - which is annoying.

You can put the old version back on your phone if you've still got a back-up of it on your computer. Just uninstall it from your iPad, and then reinstall it from the apps tab in iTunes.

You'll have to make sure you don't update it every time you update your apps from now on though.

baxlobs
May 30, 2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks, unfortunately not backed up so no solution. Mrs has resolved the most irritating new "feature" by turning off the Tutor, and also found she could restore the original colour scheme, so not as cross as she was at first.

DuckSoup
Jun 6, 2013, 10:21 AM
My experince with this app (iPhone or iPad) is every single time they update it, they make some MAJOR changes that end up tickiing off users. Just this morning, before I read this thread, I fired up my iPhone Scrabble for the first time in maybe 18 months and did not recognize it. Plus I think the bluetooth support is gone? (using iPhones as a tile rack and an iPad as the board)

Jessica Lares
Jun 6, 2013, 08:09 PM
My experince with this app (iPhone or iPad) is every single time they update it, they make some MAJOR changes that end up tickiing off users. Just this morning, before I read this thread, I fired up my iPhone Scrabble for the first time in maybe 18 months and did not recognize it. Plus I think the bletooth support is gone? (using iPhones as a tile rack and an iPad as the board)

Bluetooth support has been gone since at least October. I was looking forward to being able to use it with that app when I got my iPad Mini, but it was gone from the App Store by then.

Glad that I didn't buy it in the end though. It's never good when a developer does drastic changes like that.

beachmusic
Jun 7, 2013, 06:28 AM
my entire family got fed up with it and switched to Words With Friends.

madeirabhoy
Jun 7, 2013, 09:16 AM
just bought the wife an ipad so for the first time we are a 2 ipad family.

said to her we can play scrabble without passing the ipad over as it does games over wifi. 24 hours later new version appears, installed it, doesnt do games over wifi.:mad:

Virginiacarole
Jun 19, 2013, 11:11 PM
Updated Scrabble is a disaster.Tutor uses words I've never seen in any dictionary, ridiculous!
Have tried Mr Word, it's just as bad.
I'd pay double to get the old one back.:mad:

apryce
Jan 12, 2014, 09:36 AM
Has anyone lost the "chat" button for scrabble? Seems to have disappeared from my game. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.