Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I think I know why Arn did this, but as it stands now, as soon as a category becomes a subcategory of any other category, it's removed from the main page. I think that can be a little confusing, because then unnecessary categories get created as people don't realize a category exists.

So maybe it's best to settle for short-term confusion and have all categories appear on the main page. Or perhaps someone else has a better idea.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
wordmunger said:
I think I know why Arn did this, but as it stands now, as soon as a category becomes a subcategory of any other category, it's removed from the main page. I think that can be a little confusing, because then unnecessary categories get created as people don't realize a category exists.

So maybe it's best to settle for short-term confusion and have all categories appear on the main page. Or perhaps someone else has a better idea.

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but could we have subcategories listed in a hideable list, beneath the main category, similar in appearance to the autogenerated TOC on some pages? It would make the front page appear less overwhelming, at the least. Then you could just show and hide the various subcategories at will..

Hope this made sense..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.