Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Starting this as I have been using it for awhile now and some of the deals are really nice! Especially the Pro version unlocks.

Today's app is the Pro version of Easypad.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.movinapp.easypad&hl=en

j0Jt3wvpzC3PHQrkIFs_kKJ5-BB5LeiPFlUe2IRTvvpCpSp5kWo-_cvNx8Fhp4nNGMY
wcweL9qmEL-WFt4vsOVgO_hbW9BrgPX4MwUmm3QwY9EfwAEHxxwTS8Ds22Lyf0ZkaoM

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Today's free app is Photo FX Live Wallpaper.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slide.photoWallpaper

GWazL9rUxvRbANbPke-i-sTA-oaikZyWiOPpB9lecU7P4uZgq4SAIif8XHX4OSVef2Y=h230
H46uoST5CdppriC2IKbLwK3G7DEspaomg3Eds4Izqg5ybblQGCUVeRjsEdGwI5IX90-x=h230

And yeah, I know about the Amazon freebies, but 3/4 times they're never any good. :eek: So I rarely post about them here. I notice that like when they're doing price cuts on the Kindles, or they have an exclusive App Store release, the freebies are the best, but then they're just stuff that no one really cares about. And on national holidays, it's always the same crappy themed ones.

AppGratis actually curates the apps being promoted, so it's really great.

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Are you sure it is free? Doesn't say anything about being free in the play store.... same trial for 3 days and then pay.

Michael

If you go through AppGratis the lifetime license is covered. I think that is the 2.99 that you would have paid after 3 days.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Are you sure it is free? Doesn't say anything about being free in the play store.... same trial for 3 days and then pay.

Michael

Yeah, when you register, it'll send you an e-mail explaining the promotion. Bit weird that they didn't post it in the ad description. Here was the start of the message I got:

Hi,

The license for your "jmlares" Cerberus account has been activated for free, thanks to a promotion in collaboration with AppGratis.

Every day AppGratis offers one free app (plus discounts up to 90% off), hand-picked and reviewed by their team to make sure of their high quality.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Let's say I download one of these apps , unlock it with the code, and then decide I want to uninstall it , but want to keep it for later use . Since most of these are demo apps with an unlock code, will I be able to download the unlocked version or will I have to enter the code again , or does the app detect that I have the unlocked version ?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Let's say I download one of these apps , unlock it with the code, and then decide I want to uninstall it , but want to keep it for later use . Since most of these are demo apps with an unlock code, will I be able to download the unlocked version or will I have to enter the code again , or does the app detect that I have the unlocked version ?

You'll have to back it up with something like Helium. Cerberus is the only one so far that doesn't have that limitation. Sun Trajectory too (I didn't post that here though, thought it was too niche, it is an awesome app though).

I ended up just buying Cameringo again due to the demo branding.

Google has an app sale policy. You can't discount your apps to free for whatever reason. It would be easier if the promo codes were built in, but that's not the case for most.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012

use titanium backup to make a backup of the apps of your choosing. When you want those apps again, just restore.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Google has an app sale policy. You can't discount your apps to free for whatever reason. It would be easier if the promo codes were built in, but that's not the case for most.

I suspected something like this. Thanks for confirming.

use titanium backup to make a backup of the apps of your choosing. When you want those apps again, just restore.

That's what I've done for now. Haven't tried restoring back, but hopefully the restore works.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Moon+ Reader is today's free app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyersoft.moonreaderpj

Image Image

They published the app separately for AppGratis, so pretty good there. I'd still back it up just in case.

I used this app on my N4 when i had it, and wow, i felt like this was a direct port of the amazing goodreader app on iPhone. The UI was familiar and with many similar features, and the rendering was top notch.

$5 well spent IMO. I recommend this even if anyone has to buy it once the promo expires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.