PDA

View Full Version : OS X 10.3.9 on PowerMac G4 upgrade

tampasteve
May 31, 2013, 08:00 AM
First post for a lurker!

I have a PowerMac G4 733 MHz processor, 1.5GB , 140GB HDD Quicksilver running OS X 10.3.9 and I am contemplating upgrading it to Tiger. Would you recommend this, and if so what is the best source for the software?

I should add, or would I be better off keeping Panther on this machine?

Nameci
May 31, 2013, 08:22 AM
Send me pm, and i might be able to help you.

tampasteve
Jun 1, 2013, 03:08 PM
New to the forum....I do not have enough posts on this site to PM yet. Can you PM me? Otherwise I will get there soon, I am sure.

MisterKeeks
Jun 1, 2013, 04:01 PM
New to the forum....I do not have enough posts on this site to PM yet. Can you PM me? Otherwise I will get there soon, I am sure.

No, he can't, you cannot receive PMs yet.

I am sure that you can purvey your pearls of wisdom across at least three posts, and then you will be able to PM.

Nameci
Jun 1, 2013, 06:06 PM
Keeks is right. It is not that hard. Contribute some into the community and you can receive some free goodies...

Jethryn Freyman
Jun 2, 2013, 03:41 AM
Tiger is easy to find, it's a nice step up. Leopard is better, you've got a PMG4, I'd recommend a fresh install of Leopard actually if you can get a hold of it and make sure you got 512MB+ memory and a Core Image capable graphics card.

tampasteve
Jun 2, 2013, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I appreciate the responses, I suppose that right now I will keep an eye on ebay and Amazon to see if any deals on Tiger or Leopard come up.

Nameci
Jun 2, 2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone. I appreciate the responses, I suppose that right now I will keep an eye on ebay and Amazon to see if any deals on Tiger or Leopard come up.

send me an email at ice dot ginandoy at me dot com and I suppose I can help you with either Leopard or Tiger.