PDA

View Full Version : eMac G4 ATI for my 7 year old god-daughter.

Doward
May 31, 2013, 09:19 AM
Ok, so I have had this 1.0Ghz G4 just sitting around with a bad hard drive for a while.

So first things first, I pulled the drive and cleaned it:
kvdHml4jd8o

And installed Leopard on it.

Where might I find, or can anyone recommend, some good educational software for the PPC?

I've got an Airport Extreme card on the way ($15) and already maxed the ram @ 1GB.

First time I've ever used Apple's parental controls - freaking NICE, I have to say!

Lil Chillbil
May 31, 2013, 10:59 AM
I don't have anything to add on the educational software but I can say that your video was very nicely made and edited.

jbarley
May 31, 2013, 11:19 AM
but I can say that your video was very nicely made and edited.

A warning about the possibility of high voltage electrocution would have been nice.

Lil Chillbil
May 31, 2013, 11:23 AM
A warning about the possibility of high voltage electrocution would have been nice.

The way I see it, hes already done it and survived obviously so no need for warning.

Goftrey
May 31, 2013, 12:06 PM
The way I see it, hes already done it and survived obviously so no need for warning.

Ever been electrocuted by a CRT before?

Lil Chillbil
May 31, 2013, 02:45 PM
Ever been electrocuted by a CRT before?

Why do you think my neck does what it does, yes I was and I survived and turned out fine.

ihuman:D
May 31, 2013, 02:48 PM
Why do you think my neck does what it does, yes I was and I survived and turned out fine.

Are you sure? ;)

Joke. :D :p

jbarley
May 31, 2013, 03:27 PM

As usual, you've missed the point.
The warning would be for others, those that might use the video as a DIY.

Goftrey
May 31, 2013, 03:29 PM

I'm not an orthopaedic doctor based in California so I wouldn't know why your neck ''does what it does''.

If you yourself have been injured by a CRT then surely you more than anyone would approve of some sort of warning message?

Lil Chillbil
May 31, 2013, 05:22 PM
I'm not an orthopaedic doctor based in California so I wouldn't know why your neck ''does what it does''.

If you yourself have been injured by a CRT then surely you more than anyone would approve of some sort of warning message?

Edit Did not see jbarleys post took another look at it and it seems as thou he was refering to me saying that the video was good and him adding in that would it of killed the maker of the video to simply add a warning