PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS x noob...

hui__lim
Dec 18, 2002, 12:00 AM
Guys,
I have just converted from using Windows to Macs. I am now a very proud owner of the PB with SD and 1 GB ram, and it is the very first Mac I have ever used. Just one question... Is there any good websites on the net for first time OS x usage as that would really get me in the swing of things and help me navigate OS x quicker (not saying os x is hard to use, just want to know some poweruser tips etc).
Would be most appreciated for any info...
thanks
the Apple noob...

GeeYouEye
Dec 18, 2002, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the light side! Congratulations on your switch!
www.osxfaq.com
www.osxhints.com
here is good occasionally, and really good if you have problems.
www.resexcellence.com has info about modding X (and 9)

That's all I can think of right now. Other people may know more.

8thDegreeSavage
Dec 18, 2002, 02:46 AM
MAc OSX "The Missing Manual" by O'Reilly Press is a great book to get you started...it has power user stuff and all kinds of intermidate and beginner stuff in it...a great book to have when starting out.

exbox
Dec 19, 2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by hui__lim
Guys,
I have just converted from using Windows to Macs. I am now a very proud owner of the PB with SD and 1 GB ram, and it is the very first Mac I have ever used. Just one question... Is there any good websites on the net for first time OS x usage as that would really get me in the swing of things and help me navigate OS x quicker (not saying os x is hard to use, just want to know some poweruser tips etc).
Would be most appreciated for any info...
thanks
the Apple noob...

http://www.macosxhints.com

this site has very good hints and other things for powerusers to beginners.