PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Won't Sleep: Ay Ideas

patfarr
Nov 1, 2005, 08:50 PM
Ipod photo 30 gig. I keep pressing the play/pause button but to no effect. Bought ITrip a couple of days ago and was using it just before this happened. I removed the ITrip device from the top of the Ipod and then tried to put it to sleep. No go. Any ideas?

pdpfilms
Nov 1, 2005, 09:27 PM
Ipod photo 30 gig. I keep pressing the play/pause button but to no effect. Bought ITrip a couple of days ago and was using it just before this happened. I removed the ITrip device from the top of the Ipod and then tried to put it to sleep. No go. Any ideas?
What exatlcy are you trying to do? Turn the screen off? Try holding down play/pause, or let it sit for a few minutes.

patfarr
Nov 1, 2005, 09:35 PM
I'm trying to get it to sleep. It won't turn off. It stays on, running down the battery.

pdpfilms
Nov 1, 2005, 09:37 PM
I'm trying to get it to sleep. It won't turn off. It stays on, running down the battery.
...so it won't stop playing? or the screen just reamins on...

OutThere
Nov 1, 2005, 09:39 PM
You can reset the iPod by:

1) Switching the hold switch on and off then,
2) Holding the play/pause and menu buttons down until it resets.

This usually fixes strange stuff like you described. :)

patfarr
Nov 1, 2005, 09:54 PM
I tried Out There's prescription and it didn't work.

In answer to pdpfilms question: the screen just stays bright.

patfarr
Nov 1, 2005, 10:05 PM
Reset the Ipod and now it sleeps. Thanks for the input.

freeny
Nov 1, 2005, 10:10 PM
ipod insomnia? ambien

Konradx
Nov 1, 2005, 10:24 PM
my ipod wont shutdown sometimes aswell..it gets annoying

monmart
Dec 22, 2005, 01:19 AM
Try plugging the iPod back into the computer USB, wait till it loads, the eject the Ipod.

Bakey
Dec 22, 2005, 05:52 AM
ipod insomnia? ambien

Reduce the caffeine intake or switch to decaff?!? :D

Scarpad
Dec 22, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yeah this is one of the known glitches, hopefully a firmware update will fix the problem, what I have to do is go in and out of the menus back to the main menu it will switch off after doing that

2nyRiggz
Dec 22, 2005, 12:42 PM

thats what i was thinking....maybe hit it with some of the good stuff.

Bless

mkrishnan
Dec 22, 2005, 12:48 PM
As far as the reset procedure OutThere listed... the iPod Photo came with a charging brick, right? Back in the day when iPods came with charging bricks, you have to plug them into the brick in order to do the hard reset, didn't you? When you did the reset, did it actually reset? The iPod should turn itself off momentarily, and then you should get the Apple logo and a reboot.

Labi
Dec 23, 2005, 04:35 AM

And if you have problem waking it up early in the morning, let us know. We have all kinds of helpfull ideas :cool:

imessedupmynano
Dec 23, 2005, 05:20 AM
ooh that happened to me for like a minute. but i just pushed the hold button on then off and tried again and it worked. good luck!

Deepdale
Dec 23, 2005, 05:30 AM
And if you have problem waking it up early in the morning, let us know. We have all kinds of helpfull ideas :cool:

With any luck, one of them may even recommend doing something other than slapping or kicking to awaken it from its restful slumber.

Labi
Dec 23, 2005, 07:09 AM
With any luck, one of them may even recommend doing something other than slapping or kicking to awaken it from its restful slumber.

Something like a bucket of cold water?

Deepdale
Dec 23, 2005, 07:12 AM
Something like a bucket of cold water?

There you go ... works like a charm every time. :)