PDA

View Full Version : Classic and 68k Section Discussion

840quadra
Nov 1, 2005, 11:53 PM
Group,

In my opinion the Classic are is listed incorrectly in regards to categories and lists. While the data is mostly all correct, we have most of the early Macintosh models listed under "Macintosh (Original series)" and a separate section with Performa and Workgroup servers.

In my opinion if we separate the Performa series and Workgroup servers, we should also separate the rest of the group. In most cases when someone states "Original Macintosh" in the collector discussions that would most always only include the compact Macintosh models like the 128, 512, plus, and perhaps SE, Classic, and Color Classic models.

I seriously think we should move these "other" categories up one level and list them as follows to make it more clear, and concise.

Example

68K Desktops

Macintosh (Original series)
Inside this link would list...
ETC..etc..etc..

Macintosh II Series
inside this link would list...
II
IIx
ETC..etc..etc..

Macintosh LC series
inside this link would list...
LC
LCII
ETC..etc..etc..

Macintosh Performa Series

Macintosh Workgroup Servers

I think you get the point of were I am going with this. My only point for bringing this up, is due to the fact that we are getting lots of categories with nested sub categories. We should first create a hierarchical listing that is flat, and nest within that detailed information containing the specific models within the noted series.

Lord Blackadder
Nov 2, 2005, 12:20 AM
All that needs to be done is to have the Macs that are not part of the "original" all-in-one series (128k, 512k, Plus, etc.) moved up in the heirarchy so we have

68k Desktops

Original (I'd include the SE, SE/30 and various Classics in here as well)

Macintosh II

LC series

Mac TV

Quadra/Centris

Performas

Workgroup Servers

I would think that's the most logical layout.

840quadra
Nov 2, 2005, 12:23 AM
All that needs to be done is to have the Macs that are not part of the "original" all-in-one series (128k, 512k, Plus, etc.) moved up in the heirarchy so we have

68k Desktops

With the following sub categories:

Original (I'd include the SE, SE/30 and various Classics in here as well)

Macintosh II

LC series

Mac TV

Quadra/Centris

Performas

Workgroup Servers

I would think that's the most logical layout.

That is exactly what I am getting at.

Perhaps my detail made it confusing to follow :( . But I am 100% with you on this. :)

840quadra
Nov 3, 2005, 03:45 AM
looks like Arn fixed this issue!

Yay !!