PDA

View Full Version : Returning PowerBook after 14 days

Chepe1
Nov 2, 2005, 02:52 AM
Unfortunately I just found out about this site...I just bought a 12" PowerBook w/ Superdrive. I tried asking the Apple store if they could still except a return today (the 14 day period ended 5 days ago, on the 27th of Oct.), and no luck.

Are there any Apple employees with any suggestions on how I could possibly still return this PB? Ofcourse, I'm interested in getting a newer generation one for about what $500 less.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chepe!

tdhurst
Nov 2, 2005, 03:10 AM
You know there are no new changes to the 12", right?

Just go in, ask for a manager, and make a fairly big deal about the price difference, although I don't know where you figured it was $500 less.

matticus008
Nov 2, 2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah, appleretailguy is right. There's nothing new with the 12" PB. The new PowerBooks have been out for some time (since the 19th). You had over a week to ask for a price adjustment or make a return.

You got what you paid for, why isn't that enough? There's always something better right around the corner; that's just the way it works.

Deepdale
Nov 2, 2005, 04:40 AM
... how I could possibly still return this PB? Ofcourse, I'm interested in getting a newer generation one for about what $500 less.

I hope you catch a break here, but I think a return for the reason you mentioned could be problematic.

nborders
Nov 2, 2005, 08:06 AM
Dude, all of us powerbook users want the new ones.

Don't get me wrong, i love my baby. I have had her for 6 months now. However, I really want to up my resolution and get more battery life!
Sigh. . .

Of course, when I buy my Gen5 Ipod later this month, the same thing will happen. Who knows what apple has for the updated Gen5. Holographs???

~n

wdlove
Nov 2, 2005, 11:19 AM
I doubt you will have much success since the 14 day return has expired. Unless you have some extenuating circumstances.

stevep
Nov 2, 2005, 11:59 AM
Look on the bright side:
1. Its still the same powerbook you bought 14 days ago, and it must have been worth it then.
2. The 12" models haven't been updated
3. You've got one of the best laptops on the market.
4. Lots of iBook owners would kill you for it.
5. I got a 20gb colour iPod just 3 weeks before the 5th gen was announced (am I cheesed off? no not really, it still plays my music).
6. When the next round of updates come you'll be ahead of the game - yours will already be out of date so you won't lose any more sleep!

matticus008
Nov 2, 2005, 06:18 PM
6. When the next round of updates come you'll be ahead of the game - yours will already be out of date so you won't lose any more sleep!
Pure gold. This reassurance alone is worth more than just about anything else. Not having to worry about rumors and update cycles: priceless.

generik
Nov 2, 2005, 08:42 PM

Buying on EDU pricing for the win :)

Chepe1
Nov 3, 2005, 08:30 PM
Hey everybody,

I got good news. I posted a few days ago regarding haven past my 14 day trail period and feeling duked with the fact that a new generation was introduced 4 days later. The Good news is I spoke with the manager at the Apple store I bought it from and they easily gave a price adjustment of $200- like that! So, anybody in the same position, go in and speak with one of the managers and ask for the same and I'm sure it'll be no problem.

Peace,

Chepe1