Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Psh, it doesn't need to be in system apps. First thing I do when I flash is remove every single Google app, then reinstall the ones I need from Google Play. Cleaner, as it doesn't have the original version backed up.

It's not blocked on custom ROMs that have the standard version either, it's just a very slow rollout. :eek:

LOVE the new look.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Thanks for the link

I am unsure on this yet, still undecided on the new gmail changes, takes me more time to read through my emails

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
Psh, it doesn't need to be in system apps. First thing I do when I flash is remove every single Google app, then reinstall the ones I need from Google Play. Cleaner, as it doesn't have the original version backed up.

It's not blocked on custom ROMs that have the standard version either, it's just a very slow rollout. :eek:

LOVE the new look.
Don't think you read my post very carefully. I'm also guessing you don't have inverted GAPPS (or dont know what that is) based off what you wrote. And where do you think those apk's go when you dl them? Magic fairy land?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Don't think you read my post very carefully. I'm also guessing you don't have inverted GAPPS (or dont know what that is) based off what you wrote. And where do you think those apk's go when you dl them? Magic fairy land?

Under data/app. :rolleyes: From your post, it sounded like you were saying all custom ROMs were blocked.

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Thanks for the link

I am unsure on this yet, still undecided on the new gmail changes, takes me more time to read through my emails

I'm undecided as well. I realized it chose some auto classification on some senders that I had to fix. I think it is going to take some getting used to.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
As I dont use the tabbed inbox this update is not very impressive

The only difference I notice is it now looks like an enlarged phone app instead of a tablet one

IMO, I don't know what google are doing at the moment, too many updates to things I do not like

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
As I dont use the tabbed inbox this update is not very impressive

The only difference I notice is it now looks like an enlarged phone app instead of a tablet one

IMO, I don't know what google are doing at the moment, too many updates to things I do not like

Can you remove the tabbed inbox ? I enabled it and now can't seem to find a way to disable it on gmail on the web ?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Can you remove the tabbed inbox ? I enabled it and now can't seem to find a way to disable it on gmail on the web ?

If you hover over 'Inbox' in the left hand pane you will see a little drop down arrow for it, here you can select the previous inbox type (also under settings inbox)

Or you can click the + next to the tabs and disable the additional tabs

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If you hover over 'Inbox' in the left hand pane you will see a little drop down arrow for it, here you can select the previous inbox type (also under settings inbox)

Or you can click the + next to the tabs and disable the additional tabs

Thanks Paul :) Much appreciated.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Thanks Paul :) Much appreciated.

You're Welcome

I keep turning them off/on, then trying the new gmail app on android

Can't decide what to keep (I think it's habit that I just want an original style inbox, but don't see any positives for me on a tabbed inbox)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.