Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
The navigation bars on the side are gone, I honestly don't understand why they changed this...

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Not really. Things change and you have to get used to them. Now most of the navigation is on the bottom of the page instead of left sidebar. Still easy to find things.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Not really. Things change and you have to get used to them. Now most of the navigation is on the bottom of the page instead of left sidebar. Still easy to find things.

Very true. I remember a few months ago when they changed the Yahoo homepage. It was very easy to bitch and moan about the new layout, but now I'm so used to it that I forgot how the old site looked.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Text was already fairly minimal and it looks like they took another step toward getting rid of copy entirely. Is Apple thinking that our attention span has grown so short we'll bounce if we have to read at all on the landing page?

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I think it's a refreshing change. But then again, I'm always quick to embrace something fresh and new as long as it serves me well. I buy a lot from Apple.com, so this is right up my alley :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.