PDA

View Full Version : So Who's Taking off for WWDC?

thedeejay
Jun 4, 2013, 08:26 PM
Out of curiosity who here is booking off work and watching WWDC?

xcodeaddict
Jun 4, 2013, 08:28 PM

What's work?

juicywaterhouse
Jun 4, 2013, 10:01 PM

So annoyed that I can't, first day at a client, did the past two years ...

newyorksole
Jun 4, 2013, 10:09 PM
I have off Fri-Mon thankfully. Governor's Ball NYC Fri-Sun. Recovering from the weekend by watching WWDC on Mon.

dictoresno
Jun 4, 2013, 11:46 PM
i get out of work at 7am, so ill be off all day. ill probably park my butt in front of the computer to watch. i forget, is it streamed live or you have to watch after the fact? i think with the iphone 5 announcement, i followed via twitter, then watched the video later.

iZac
Jun 5, 2013, 12:13 AM
It's Dragon boat festival in China, so I get the 10th to the 12th off work.

That's three days to digest WWDC and E3 news :D

Tar Sniffer
Jun 5, 2013, 12:14 AM
I've never been awake for a WWDC event. The conference always starts at 4am over here, so I'll wake up an hour after it finishes and read all the latest on Mac Rumours and the Apple website while on the morning commute, just like every other year.

BvizioN
Jun 5, 2013, 02:08 AM

I have not booked off but I was meant to work from 14:00 till 22:00 (UK Time) and I have managed to change my shift to work early hours and finish at 2pm :)

Kind of pointless though if there is no live streaming as I would have been able to follow blogs from my work PC as well.

The-Real-Deal82
Jun 5, 2013, 03:10 AM
I couldn't think of a bigger waste for a days holiday!

bushido
Jun 5, 2013, 03:50 AM
itll be 7pm here so ill be at home and even if i wasnt, id just jump onto my lovely internet explorer 8 #sarcasm at work to follow the keynote coverage

fullauto
Jun 5, 2013, 03:54 AM
It's on at 3am here in Oz..

For some reason I wake at 3-4am every damn year and can't help but reach for the iPhone, which leads to coffee, which leads to couch and MacBook, which leads to putting the answering machine on around 8am and screening client calls until noon :)

Post WWDC is a very unproductive day!

tmanto02
Jun 5, 2013, 05:21 AM
Day off for me so I'll definitely get up at 3am (aus) if there is a live stream. Then waste my entire day on engadget and MR.

monaarts
Jun 5, 2013, 06:37 AM
Some of you guys are seriously taking off for the event!?

I just stop working while at work to watch it. :D

bushido
Jun 5, 2013, 06:41 AM

same :D

charlituna
Jun 5, 2013, 08:21 AM

No mention of a live stream so what's there to watch during work. Most folks will likely be home by the time the video is posted

ZeRoLiMiT
Jun 5, 2013, 08:36 AM
I am taking a Extended Lunch to watch it at work lol

Slix
Jun 5, 2013, 10:07 AM
I believe I am working that night from 5-11 or so, so I'll be able to see the live feed/video when it's all posted.

VolceOntra
Jun 5, 2013, 10:08 AM
I took off, but not for WWDC. First day of summer classes happen to be on that day!

cambookpro
Jun 5, 2013, 10:12 AM
Luckily, it will be at 6pm here, and without any exams, I will come home and relax for a bit before watching it!

lostngone
Jun 5, 2013, 11:13 AM
I am taking the whole week off.

I am going to be in line 6-8 hour before the keynote and I still won't be anywhere near the front of the line.

plaxico44
Jun 5, 2013, 11:19 AM
Not going to class :)

ninjazoe
Jun 5, 2013, 11:54 AM
I wish they streamed it online like google did with I/O :( Anyway, can't wait for Monday :)

Zaft
Jun 5, 2013, 02:40 PM

hardly worth using a day for this. For me atleast.

Darkhrse99
Jun 5, 2013, 02:48 PM
Where can we watch the event?

roland.g
Jun 5, 2013, 03:30 PM
I typically like to watch a stream from MR or Engadget while I work but doubt I'll be able to this year.

Stuipdboy1000
Jun 5, 2013, 03:34 PM
This year is the first one I'm going to miss live in six years because of work. I would have taken it off I hadn't had the last week off. :(

Shrink
Jun 5, 2013, 03:42 PM
I'm planning on focusing my entire existence on WWDC.

Take about a week off...spend 2-3 days preparing everything for the EVENT.

After following the EVENT on every device I own (and several I will borrow), I will then spend the next three days reading every word of every transcript very carefully. And, of course, watch videos frame by frame.

Then I will spend a few days reading all the complaints about how Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs, how Tim Cook is not charismatic, how bad his voice is, and the million or so complaints that Apple didn't announce what the poster wanted Apple to announce, how they are so disappointed, and how Apple is going down the toilet.

On second thought...I'll just go to work!:p

;) :D

xcodeaddict
Jun 5, 2013, 04:48 PM
I'm planning on focusing my entire existence on WWDC.

Take about a week off...spend 2-3 days preparing everything for the EVENT.

After following the EVENT on every device I own (and several I will borrow), I will then spend the next three days reading every word of every transcript very carefully. And, of course, watch videos frame by frame.

Then I will spend a few days reading all the complaints about how Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs, how Tim Cook is not charismatic, how bad his voice is, and the million or so complaints that Apple didn't announce what the poster wanted Apple to announce, how they are so disappointed, and how Apple is going down the toilet.

On second thought...I'll just go to work!:p

;) :D

:D Ha ha!

Most accurate mockery I've heard in ages.

Mackan
Jun 5, 2013, 10:50 PM
No need to take off, I just need to be awake at 1am where I am located...

Lil Chillbil
Jun 5, 2013, 10:53 PM

I am lucky enough to have a boss that streams it to everyone at the repair shop :D

ric275
Jun 6, 2013, 02:02 PM
yep. just yep.

jrswizzle
Jun 6, 2013, 02:07 PM

Here - here!

I'll just stream to my work computer and continue "semi-working" on my other monitor.....

Looking forward to the goodies Apple has in store!

D3TSURA
Jun 6, 2013, 02:11 PM
I've got the day off so i guess I know where I'll be.

rabidz7
Jun 6, 2013, 02:14 PM

Me in florida. On vacation. probably going to stream WWDC via my ePhone(iPhone 4) tether, going to get 400$ bill!!!

I will be away from my PMG5 for more than a month!!!

Duke&tank
Jun 6, 2013, 02:34 PM
I am self-employed, so I just made it so none of my clinets where schedule for that day:D

jafingi
Jun 6, 2013, 02:42 PM
1) I'm self employed (having my own company)
2) I'm in Denmark, so the keynote is at 7PM local time anyways :D

wknapp0924
Jun 6, 2013, 02:48 PM
Well I am a soon to be furloughed DOD employee, so I think I will just watch it at work too. If everyone thinks we are lazy I will actually act like it for once.