PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL Extensions Viewer test crash on 10.8.4

rossip
Jun 5, 2013, 11:25 AM
The app OpenGL Extensions Viewer crashes on 10.8.4 when running any of the tests on the core profile. I have an iMac7,1 with an ATI gpu. The app has actually been crashing since 10.8.3, and I've tried to contact the developers about it without success. Is anyone experiencing/ can confirm this? I'm wondering if it's an issue with my app install specifically.

OpenGL Extensions Viewer is a free app available on the app store and is widely regarded the standard from looking up what OpenGL extensions are available on your mac.

vmachiel
Jun 5, 2013, 12:09 PM
Did it crash before 10.8.3? If not, the problem may lie with the delta updates. They have caused me some problems before. Try installing the combo update: this will reinstall all the changes between 10.8.0 and 10.8.4, without touching your data. I've done it once and it fixed two bugs. Find it here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1659

rossip
Jun 5, 2013, 07:25 PM
Did it crash before 10.8.3? If not, the problem may lie with the delta updates. They have caused me some problems before. Try installing the combo update: this will reinstall all the changes between 10.8.0 and 10.8.4, without touching your data. I've done it once and it fixed two bugs. Find it here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1659

I may have to try this, I'd prefer to see if others are having the issue first though. Is the app crashing for you?

vmachiel
Jun 6, 2013, 07:24 AM
Downloaded it, didn't crash.

rossip
Jun 6, 2013, 10:23 AM
Downloaded it, didn't crash.
be sure you're running a test on the core profile (not compatibly profile). You have to select core from a drop down list.

In any case I was able to get a hold of the developer, he found the bug, and said an update should be released next week. Thanks for checking it out!

vmachiel
Jun 6, 2013, 12:15 PM
be sure you're running a test on the core profile (not compatibly profile). You have to select core from a drop down list.

In any case I was able to get a hold of the developer, he found the bug, and said an update should be released next week. Thanks for checking it out!

I see, I didn't do that. But good news that an update is coming, hopefully it'll fix your problem.