PDA

View Full Version : Snapchat Goes Flat -- iOS 7 Camera Concept?

KieranDotW
Jun 5, 2013, 09:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sxuG6i1.jpg

This flat trend's really catching on. I just noticed this today with Snapchat's version 5.0 update today, the new camera UI looks exponentially nicer than what was there before and I was wondering why you all would think if iOS 7's Camera.app took a similar approach. (Ignore the shot of my room in the background, I'm typing this all in bed)

OafTobark
Jun 5, 2013, 11:40 PM
I knew there was going to be a thread on MR for this... I think the same exact thing!! Is there something in the camera UI we can't notice? Looks shockingly real... Like I'm looking thru my phone. Love the simple design and flat colors.

Thank you for the thread, glad I'm not the only one who thought this as soon as I saw it!

ionjohn
Jun 5, 2013, 11:41 PM
What'd it look like before the update :confused:

Stinja
Jun 5, 2013, 11:54 PM
Before the update:

kramjam
Jun 6, 2013, 12:19 AM
Huge improvement to the snapchat app.. a lot more attractive and responsive.

TC03
Jun 6, 2013, 06:59 AM
It's a minimalist design, not necessarily flat.

jclardy
Jun 6, 2013, 07:37 AM
Still quite skeuomorphic. Camera icon is a picture of a physical camera. Flash icon is a lightning bolt. 3d cube in the corner, no idea what that means.

Overall I just hate how people have the idea that there is some sort of linear scale that ranges from flat <-> skeuomorphic.

It does look way better though. I never understood why apple used those ugly transparent rounded buttons on the camera - they use them nowhere else in iOS.