Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftored

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
I turned on my Macbook air and the screen was fine until the grey colour of the login screen appeared. After that a horizontal line appeared at about the 3/4 of the display. I had some coffe spilled on it a week ago or so (7-8 drops but enough to mess up the keyboard somehow:/), but this was really sudden and I don't think it is related to that. The service guys at a local retailer said is a screen problem and needs replacing.:/

Has this happened to anyone? You think it may be the connector or something else instead of the actual lcd?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It absolutely could be residual issues from coffee. Even black coffee can be harmful because coffee has acid (unless you buy acid free or low-acid coffee). If someone told you the screen needs replacing then perhaps get a second opinion from Apple and go from there. The screen will cost quite a bit though.

ftored

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
It absolutely could be residual issues from coffee. Even black coffee can be harmful because coffee has acid (unless you buy acid free or low-acid coffee). If someone told you the screen needs replacing then perhaps get a second opinion from Apple and go from there. The screen will cost quite a bit though.

Well it's the official reseller and authorised service point that told me that. We do not have Apple Stores in Cyprus. I guess i won't fix it as i was quoted more than the half of the price of a new one and it's a 2010 model. Not really worth it being a c2d

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.