PDA

View Full Version : SimCity for Mac Delayed Until August

MacRumors
Jun 6, 2013, 05:00 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/06/simcity-for-mac-delayed-until-august/)

EA announced today that it will be delaying the release (http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-mac-update-and-beyond) of SimCity for Mac until August in order to "ensure a great experience" for players.

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/10/NewImage10.pngToday we are announcing that we are moving the release date of the Mac version of SimCity to August. We have made this tough decision because we do not believe it is ready for primetime yet. We want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more time.The Mac version was originally set (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/08/14/new-simcity-coming-to-mac-in-february-2013/) for a February release, but was delayed to June 11th (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/10/simcity-arrives-on-the-mac-june-11th-with-cross-platform-servers/) and has now been delayed again. The PC version of Sim City was released back in March.

SimCity's PC launch was more than a little rocky (http://kotaku.com/5991077/your-complete-guide-to-the-simcity-disaster), largely because the game can only be played online. EA requires that the game be connected to its servers at all times to facilitate region play where multiple cities are connected to share utilities and citizenry.

At launch, SimCity's servers were overwhelmed with traffic and the gameplay experience was extremely poor. Today, EA seems to have ironed out the bugs and users are playing the game as intended.

Article Link: SimCity for Mac Delayed Until August (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/06/simcity-for-mac-delayed-until-august/)

Goftrey
Jun 6, 2013, 05:02 PM
How about this EA?

Just don't bother at all.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 6, 2013, 05:02 PM
I'm a little disappointed in this announcement, but at the same time I'm glad they're taking some extra time to make sure its done right.

Rudy69
Jun 6, 2013, 05:03 PM
Buying more servers?

Jamesesesesess
Jun 6, 2013, 05:04 PM
AUGUST? As if they couldn't **** this game up any more :rolleyes:

I'm a little disappointed in this announcement, but at the same time I'm glad they're taking some extra time to make sure its done right.

It'd be easier for them to just do a port. Any bugs from that would be the least of the players' problems.

nfl46
Jun 6, 2013, 05:06 PM
EA gets worse by the year. August, huh? Next it'd be Christmas.

SandboxGeneral
It'd be easier for them to just do a port. Any bugs from that would be the least of the players' problems.

I'm not a developer or programmer, but how do you know it would be easier for them to do a port than a native app and make it work well at the same time?

spyguy10709
We just need to add more DLC that will already be on the disk, so we can maximize our profits!

~Everyone at EA

iTim314
Jun 6, 2013, 05:07 PM
Figures. I really wanted this game. =\

GoCubsGo
Jun 6, 2013, 05:10 PM
Buying more servers?

They better.

ZacNicholson
Jun 6, 2013, 05:14 PM
I really wanted this when it first came out on pc, but after all the f ups they have had with it, i really don't care about this anymore.

Sound214
Jun 6, 2013, 05:15 PM
What happend to the "simultaneous Mac and Windows release" EA promised us at WWDC 2007?

Risco
Jun 6, 2013, 05:15 PM
How about this EA?

Agreed, this version is a disaster and epitomises EA's greed.

tevion5
Jun 6, 2013, 05:16 PM
I'm all for Mac gaming and I'd love to see more great publishers start producing more and more for the Mac. We should support such publishers as much as possible.

Electronic Arts, is not one of these publishers.

We should not reward them for cloud locked single player, day 1 DLC's and releasing wholesomely unfinished games.

Kissaragi
Jun 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
Thats annoying, rather it was delayed and work better tho.

madsci954
Jun 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am sooo upset by this!

Said no one ever

Branskins
Jun 6, 2013, 05:19 PM
Hmm in time for OS X 10.9?

brownpaw
Jun 6, 2013, 05:19 PM
How often does the PC version check to see if it's online? I currently live in a remote area with a fairly high-latency connection usually. Some always-on games, like one of the Splinter Cells, would see high-latency as no connection, and it would literally pop up the "connecting to server..." dialogue every five seconds in the middle of the game. The connection is there, damn it -- it's just not that great!

Kissaragi
Jun 6, 2013, 05:30 PM
How often does the PC version check to see if it's online? I currently live in a remote area with a fairly high-latency connection usually. Some always-on games, like one of the Splinter Cells, would see high-latency as no connection, and it would literally pop up the "connecting to server..." dialogue every five seconds in the middle of the game. The connection is there, damn it -- it's just not that great!

Think it has a 15 min window where you can be disconnected but carry on playing. You might be ok with your flakey connection or you might not, impossible to say sorry.

DrummerB
Jun 6, 2013, 05:34 PM
They probably need some additional time to port all the bugs.

benpatient
Jun 6, 2013, 05:39 PM
Think it has a 15 min window where you can be disconnected but carry on playing. You might be ok with your flakey connection or you might not, impossible to say sorry.

Or you can just make a small mod to the game and it won't bother trying to connect at all except at start-up.

Kissaragi
Jun 6, 2013, 05:47 PM
Or you can just make a small mod to the game and it won't bother trying to connect at all except at start-up.

Ah I wasn't aware of that.

tann
Jun 6, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hopefully it's a case of wanting to ship when ready vs ship when promised.

I don't mind them delaying it as long as when it releases it's not riddled with bugs!

tazhombre
Jun 6, 2013, 05:53 PM
and nothing of consequence was lost.

Pman17
Jun 6, 2013, 05:59 PM
Dang it! And I was just about to delete Sim City from Bootcamp.

psharp
Jun 6, 2013, 06:27 PM
I don't really get this. I've invested a fair amount of time into the Mac Beta and overall the game is pretty stable. It's a bit heavy on the graphics, even for a year old MBPr but it's very playable.
Needless to say I'm sad that it's not being released next week. I hope they don't take the beta down any time soon.

Nick16
Jun 6, 2013, 06:35 PM
Well they just slashed the whole college kid home for summer who has nothing better to do but look forward to Sim City market. August? Classes start. Ain't nobody got time for Sim City.

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 6, 2013, 06:38 PM

Yes, I'm sure that's what they're doing. :rolleyes:

http://www.geekosystem.com/ea-is-the-worst-again/

I realize that officially they only started winning the award consistently last year, but I've been calling them the worst company on the planet for the past six years.

Beezzy
Jun 6, 2013, 06:38 PM
EA delaying this? what a shocker. Ive finished with anything EA that isn't Madden or the new UFC game.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 6, 2013, 06:43 PM

Okay, what's your theory of what they're really doing?

canadianpj
Jun 6, 2013, 07:07 PM
How about this EA?

Or you could just not buy it instead of making the decision for everyone else. I would rather they did spend a little more time to get it right.

verniesgarden
Jun 6, 2013, 07:15 PM
This reminds me of Unreal Tournament 3 for mac... I'm still waiting for it... sigh... IT WAS DUE OUT CHRISTMAS 2007!!!! :(:(:(

Solomani
Jun 6, 2013, 07:16 PM
I lost interest in this game long ago. But still, I think this is more good news than bad news for someone still interested in SimCity.

It means EA is actually going to take the time to (try to do its best to) make a Mac version. In the past, EA had rushed garbage Mac ports with epic fail results, e.g. The Sims 3 (Mac Cider port).

verniesgarden
Jun 6, 2013, 07:16 PM
I don't really get this. I've invested a fair amount of time into the Mac Beta and overall the game is pretty stable. It's a bit heavy on the graphics, even for a year old MBPr but it's very playable.
Needless to say I'm sad that it's not being released next week. I hope they don't take the beta down any time soon.

Is the mac beta still available somewhere?

psharp
Jun 6, 2013, 07:36 PM
Is the mac beta still available somewhere?

I don't know, it's sill called "private beta" I signed up for the beta at least 10 months ago, maybe more now. I also pre-ordered the game thinking the Mac version would be released at the same time... hahaha... Then shortly afterwards... hahaha. About 3 weeks ago I got an email with a code for the Private Mac Beta saying the beta would last until the 21st of May... It's still up and running though, just checked.

Anyway I don't know where you can get your hands on a code for the Beta client, though it sure would be nice if they would give it to people who have been waiting months for the official release.

dazed
Jun 6, 2013, 08:06 PM
The always connected aspect really killed this game for me.

I'll stick with simcity 4 in bootcamp.

mrmarts
Jun 6, 2013, 08:44 PM
Either that or the servers still cannot handle the load, but I am city fan so I can wait. I hope they add more updates and dlc before it comes to the Mac to make it worth the wait.

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 6, 2013, 09:05 PM
Okay, what's your theory of what they're really doing?

I assure you that quality of the product and customer satisfaction had nothing to do with the decision. They probably would like to distance themselves from their prior flop so that when they release it for the Mac, they can maximize their sales on the first day before word spreads again about how lousy it still is.

Fontan75
Jun 6, 2013, 09:07 PM
Well they just slashed the whole college kid home for summer who has nothing better to do but look forward to Sim City market. August? Classes start. Ain't nobody got time for Sim City.

This teacher was planning on playing this summer also. Now I have to keep playing with poor graphics using Parallels.

:mad:

bacaramac
Jun 6, 2013, 09:38 PM
<------ Surprised, not this guy. Looking forward to buying it in the next two years though.

DisMyMac
Jun 6, 2013, 09:46 PM
I can't believe cross-platform standards still allow for this nonsense.

"Oh they don't make that for Mac. Maybe next year."

Feels like 1995.

Kate4u
Jun 6, 2013, 09:50 PM
“SimCity for Mac” is coming soon
again and again......

Botts85
Jun 6, 2013, 09:56 PM
Odd to see this.

The Beta plays quite well on my MacBook Pro. I'd be way happier paying for this beta than I did for the first 3 weeks of owning it when it came out on Windows. That was freaking unplayable. In comparison, the Mac Beta only crashes once every 12 hours or so for me.

Nyy8
Jun 6, 2013, 10:05 PM
Where are my Windows DVDs? :rolleyes:

iisdan
Jun 6, 2013, 11:22 PM
So this is going to be the same as Starcraft. I was all hyped up to buy it on the spot a year ago, but after a few delays I have lost interest and I highly doubt I will buy it now.

jonnyo
Jun 6, 2013, 11:47 PM
EA: The game is fine, we just haven't figured out how to get the in-game advertising to work correctly.

FoxHoundADAM
Jun 6, 2013, 11:57 PM

No, it's not ok. They delayed it last time a couple weeks before the release on Mac. But clearly they had issues to work out, so fine get it right. They had 4 months to fix the problems and now just 5 days from the release they delay 2 more months?!?

They clearly have a big mess on there hands and frankly this is it for me.

Simplicated
Jun 7, 2013, 12:01 AM
Oh... It's EA. Why am I not surprised?

Alvi
Jun 7, 2013, 12:39 AM
Damn, I've heard a lot of bad things about the game's bugs and etc, however if you look at gameplay videos it is a really beautiful game though. I guess I'll just start building a gaming pc this summer instead of keeping my hopes up for new games to come out. My macbook is pretty old anyways and it won't be able to hold up with most of them.

JAT
Jun 7, 2013, 01:18 AM

Try disc golf.

mariusaz
Jun 7, 2013, 01:19 AM
They can delay it forever IMO. I promise I won't shed a tear.

ryuok
Jun 7, 2013, 01:24 AM
How about this EA?

Well said. This is a game, a commercial product, not a space mission. People are not going to wait for you. Some might do, but for me I'll just forget about it.

MOFS
Jun 7, 2013, 02:37 AM

I realize that officially they only started winning the award consistently last year, but I've been calling them the worst company on the planet for the past six years.

I think polls like that highlight how skewed the views of some gamers can be. BP oil spill anyone? Working quality issues in factories for [insert outsourcing company here]? Sheesh ...

mumph
Jun 7, 2013, 03:18 AM
Hahahahahahaha... you can't make this stuff up can you? I was only thinking YESTERDAY 'I bet, even now only 3 days away, it gets delayed'.

I was reluctantly going to buy it, its from EA but it is SimCity. Well, guess what? I'm not going to bother.

I applaud EA for going native but when you can't even get the PC version right why even attempt it?

Steve121178
Jun 7, 2013, 03:44 AM
EA delaying this? what a shocker. Ive finished with anything EA that isn't Madden or the new UFC game.

So you haven't finished with EA then.

AnonMac50
Jun 7, 2013, 04:45 AM
What happend to the "simultaneous Mac and Windows release" EA promised us at WWDC 2007?

I'm still waiting.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 7, 2013, 05:11 AM
No, it's not ok. They delayed it last time a couple weeks before the release on Mac. But clearly they had issues to work out, so fine get it right. They had 4 months to fix the problems and now just 5 days from the release they delay 2 more months?!?

They clearly have a big mess on there hands and frankly this is it for me.

Granted we don't like this, but the way you make your statement here it sounds like you feel they owe us something by delivering a product on a schedule.

I don't argue with anyone that EA here is a big problem, but at the end of the day, they're going to do what they're going to do and don't owe us anything.

mumph
Jun 7, 2013, 05:15 AM
Granted we don't like this, but the way you make your statement here it sounds like you feel they owe us something by delivering a product on a schedule.

When its available for pre-order and it states 'Launching on 11/5' then they owe it to you to get it to you on that date as that is part of the agreement. 'You give me money and we will give you this product on 11/5.' So yes, the people that pre-ordered are actually owed something.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 7, 2013, 05:18 AM
When its available for pre-order and it states 'Launching on 11/5' then they owe it to you to get it to you on that date as that is part of the agreement. 'You give me money and we will give you this product on 11/5.' So yes, the people that pre-ordered are actually owed something.

You're right, I won't argue with that. But the rest of us who didn't pre-order aren't owed anything.

Did they offer to refund your money at all?

mumph
Jun 7, 2013, 05:20 AM
You're right, I won't argue with that. But the rest of us who didn't pre-order aren't owed anything.

Did they offer to refund your money at all?

I wasn't stupid enough to pre-order haha. They may not even take the money until the product ships so in that case then you are correct by saying no one is owed anything. ;) Knowing EA though they will take you money right away lol.

Jun 7, 2013, 05:39 AM
I'm disappointed that it's not launching on Tuesday, however it is probably for the best. After playing the Mac Closed BETA I suspect this move is more due to game play experience rather than the state of the native app which appears to function fine (for me atleast) on the most part.

The EA Forums are already full of disappointed/semi-disappointed PC players and it doesn't make sense to add Mac gamers into this mix too. The situation is improving with every update but in this instance I believe Maxis have listened to the community and decided to act based on what people have said.

At the end of the day they're damned if they do and damned if they don't - there will always be someone who calls their decisions out as being wrong. This move no longer aligns with "in it for the money" theories, anyone who feels that they've paid and don't want to wait until August should contact EA Customer Services via http://help.ea.com.

mrxak
Jun 7, 2013, 06:19 AM
Is there anyone left so out of the loop that they don't know what a disaster this game was, and actually still wants to play it?

everything-i
Jun 7, 2013, 06:21 AM

You didn't really expect that to happen, this is EA we are talking about. For me they can keep their always on line crap, so disappointed about this game :(

SandboxGeneral
Jun 7, 2013, 06:21 AM
Is there anyone left so out of the loop that they don't know what a disaster this game was, and actually still wants to play it?

Aside from all the launch and server issues, which I did not experience because I waited, I think the game is plenty good enough to entertain me for a while; I like it.

Kissaragi
Jun 7, 2013, 06:47 AM
I'm disappointed that it's not launching on Tuesday, however it is probably for the best. After playing the Mac Closed BETA I suspect this move is more due to game play experience rather than the state of the native app which appears to function fine (for me atleast) on the most part.

The EA Forums are already full of disappointed/semi-disappointed PC players and it doesn't make sense to add Mac gamers into this mix too. The situation is improving with every update but in this instance I believe Maxis have listened to the community and decided to act based on what people have said.

At the end of the day they're damned if they do and damned if they don't - there will always be someone who calls their decisions out as being wrong. This move no longer aligns with "in it for the money" theories, anyone who feels that they've paid and don't want to wait until August should contact EA Customer Services via http://help.ea.com.

EA could solve world hunger and still have gamers frothing at the mouth with rage at this point. The reactions from people are just ridiculous.

Jun 7, 2013, 06:52 AM
Keyword being "was"?

You didn't really expect that to happen, this is EA we are talking about. For me they can keep their always on line crap, so disappointed about this game :(
Game also requires electricity ;-) without servers you have no regional/great works functionality. This was proven by a very recent "DRMLess" proof of concept.

Kate4u
Jun 7, 2013, 07:20 AM
Oh... It's EA. Why am I not surprised?

Hahahahahahaha

You are right !

Kaibelf
Jun 7, 2013, 08:24 AM
Done. I'm no longer interested. Someone else can have my money. Thanks anyway!

Michael Goff
Jun 7, 2013, 08:58 AM

That only proves that the people who voted have no idea what they're talking about.

mumph
Jun 7, 2013, 09:12 AM
Either that or the servers still cannot handle the load, but I am city fan so I can wait. I hope they add more updates and dlc before it comes to the Mac to make it worth the wait.

You do realise you will have to pay for the DLC right?

Jack97
Jun 7, 2013, 09:14 AM
The real question is: Why wasn't SimCity 5 released for PC and Mac at the same time in the first place? :confused:

sk24iam
Jun 7, 2013, 09:16 AM
Looks like I'll have to stick to Megapolis for now.

the8thark
Jun 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
We want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more time.
EA and great experience? Is that a joke? Seriously that's utter ********. EA rarely if ever make good experiences. But at least they get a star for claiming to try this time.

Trubbles
Jun 7, 2013, 10:36 AM
Not surprising ... 3 months after launch, the game is still plagued by problems and dragged down by a sub-par simulation engine. It would be just as bad on Mac (or worse) than it is on PC.

Don't get me wrong - I spent a good 70-80 hours playing it and enjoyed it somewhat - but when you realize just how shallow and boring the simulation engine is, it makes the whole game feel pointless.

----------

The real question is: Why wasn't SimCity 5 released for PC and Mac at the same time in the first place? :confused:

Because EA isn't Blizzard...

Doesn't matter much though. It's not like pre-2006. We can all play PC games if we're not stubborn and don't refuse to install Bootcamp...

Jun 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
It would be just as bad on Mac (or worse) than it is on PC.
Where'd you get that idea from?

FoxHoundADAM
Jun 7, 2013, 11:33 AM

I don't argue with anyone that EA here is a big problem, but at the end of the day, they're going to do what they're going to do and don't owe us anything.

They don't owe me anything, but as a consumer they have not met my expectations that they themselves set, twice now (in terms of delivery). I'm saying that I personally and ready to move on now.

I'm glad they are ready to get it right but to say they have mishandled this game's launch on all platforms would be an understatement.

coolspot18
Jun 7, 2013, 01:07 PM

Unfortunately the market is way too small :(

johncarync
Jun 7, 2013, 01:25 PM
I've been waiting for this so long that I gave up and got a real life instead.

booksacool1
Jun 7, 2013, 09:55 PM
Is this the game which the publisher claimed could not run offline until hackers exposed that as a lie by releasing an offline hack? Yeah I think it was.

progx
Jun 8, 2013, 07:08 AM
Bravo EA! Announced support for product *cough* Wii U *cough* at day one. Now, you tell 3-4 million users to go out and buy PS or XB for Madden and all the other non-esstenial junk you make.

Now, SimCity delayed for Mac? Starting to feel a bit familiar to me.

This is a classic example, game companies think computer and console owners have money to burn, so they force you to buy another console that you may not want if you want to play them.

SimCity is the only EA game I will ever buy at this point. Used to be a Madden fan, but since the Wii U isn't getting the new one I'm skipping it. Even though I have an Xbox 360 too, I'm not paying $60 just to support their decision to not develop on my hardware of choice. We all know how awesome the PS4 and XBOne look, right? Not even out for purchase and already out of date too :D

----------

Is this the game which the publisher claimed could not run offline until hackers exposed that as a lie by releasing an offline hack? Yeah I think it was.

Yes. It's the same publisher who said the CryTek engine wouldn't work on the Wii U, but the developer said it ran just as well as the PC version.

EA is turning into a shady company.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 8, 2013, 07:50 AM
EA is turning into a shady company.

I don't think EA is turning into a shady company, and I bet the majority of us already believe they are a shady company and have been for some time.

Very sad. :(

Edsel
Jun 8, 2013, 11:58 AM
Did EA hire Intuit's Quicken for Mac project manager to manage this delay?

blasto2236
Jun 8, 2013, 12:33 PM
I understand that people hate EA, and I understand why. What I don't get is why this delay is being blamed on them? They are just the publisher. Isn't Maxis still the dev team responsible for shipping their products on time?

It seems like everyone is just looking for another excuse to hate on EA.

jdiamond
Jun 8, 2013, 01:58 PM
I'm an intense SimCity fan and was so looking forwards to this game. But when they decided to make it internet play only (and I seriously believe this was EA, not Maxis), they completely lost me as a customer. Even if it worked smoothly, you can't convince me that SimCity 2013 server will keep running in perpetuity...

Which is a shame, because it looks like it might be a nice game. But I don't pay $60 for a game to rent it until someone decides to stop.

Kissaragi
Jun 8, 2013, 05:32 PM
I understand that people hate EA, and I understand why. What I don't get is why this delay is being blamed on them? They are just the publisher. Isn't Maxis still the dev team responsible for shipping their products on time?

Think your last sentence sums it up!

mrxak
Jun 9, 2013, 12:14 AM
Aside from all the launch and server issues, which I did not experience because I waited, I think the game is plenty good enough to entertain me for a while; I like it.

There's still the matter of minuscule city sizes, a broken simulation model, bizarre AI, and no singleplayer or terraforming.

SandboxGeneral
Jun 9, 2013, 06:43 AM
There's still the matter of minuscule city sizes, a broken simulation model, bizarre AI, and no singleplayer or terraforming.

That's true but I still get a fair amount of entertainment from it.

TheJae
Jun 9, 2013, 07:54 AM
3 years ago i built a rig just for gaming, figured there's no future in mac gaming.

apple_iBoy
Jun 9, 2013, 09:02 AM
In a way EA has done me a favor. Had this been available on day 1 alongside the PC version, I would have been champing at the bit and thrown my cash down without a second thought.

Now I've had a chance to read about things like the transportation glitches, deficiencies and lazy shortcuts (planning transportation is one of my favorite parts of these games), as well as other things like weird Sims AI and troublesome city-to-city connections. My impulse buying urge has been tempered and my enthusiasm curbed.

Maybe I'll look at this again in a few years when it's in the bargain bin. (Will it ever be in a "bargain bin" with this digital distribution model?)

JAT
Jun 9, 2013, 09:24 AM
:rolleyes: This thing has become such a joke. Would be better to research and purchase a 1993 computer to play SimCity 2000.

----------

Maybe I'll look at this again in a few years when it's in the bargain bin. (Will it ever be in a "bargain bin" with this digital distribution model?)
Sure, just look at prices for older games on Steam.

blasto2236
Jun 9, 2013, 09:47 AM
:rolleyes: This thing has become such a joke. Would be better to research and purchase a 1993 computer to play SimCity 2000.

Or you could just buy it on GoG and play it on any current computer. :D

JAT
Jun 9, 2013, 09:51 AM
Or you could just buy it on GoG and play it on any current computer. :D

Well, now I KNOW that.

gramirez2012
Jun 9, 2013, 10:20 AM
HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious!

I stopped playing the PC version when half my cities randomly corrupted.

Michael Goff
Jun 9, 2013, 10:25 AM

People using any possible reason to bash EA?

Yeah, sounds about right.

tillsbury
Jun 10, 2013, 02:00 AM
But presumably the mac version is going to be the same as the PC version and therefore not really worth getting?

SandboxGeneral
Jun 10, 2013, 04:27 AM
But presumably the mac version is going to be the same as the PC version and therefore not really worth getting?

It's to be exactly the same as the PC version. You can start a city on a PC then switch to a Mac and pick up where you left off. The game is all server-based this time around.

Jun 10, 2013, 07:24 AM
It's to be exactly the same as the PC version. You can start a city on a PC then switch to a Mac and pick up where you left off. The game is all server-based this time around.
Origin gives you the Mac version free when you own the PC version, and vice versa.

mono1980
Jun 10, 2013, 07:43 AM
Well there goes my Father's Day gift for my dad. Thanks EA :mad:

Jun 10, 2013, 07:44 AM
Well there goes my Father's Day gift for my dad. Thanks EA :mad:
Apple / iTunes / Store giftcard instead?

koban4max
Jun 10, 2013, 09:52 AM

They shouldn't blame them for delaying, but they should hate them anyway..for any reason. EA is the one that bought up companies and control them that would benefit them.

progx
Jun 12, 2013, 10:21 PM
Anyone wishing Feral or Aspyr would get the rights to Tropico 4 and bring it to the Mac?

B68ConeyIsland
Jun 19, 2013, 05:32 AM
It''s called simCITY, right?...

Only if (somewhat bigger) maps would be attached to eachother, so I can actually design real cities and that I can dedicate the attached maps around downtown to "feeding" and "receiving" suburbs, industrial areas etc., if I could mix 'commercial' and 'residential' in one block, like in real life...maybe I would buy this game. (what about subways by the way)

Now I see densed squares with just a few blocks of highrise skyscrapers and childish amusement parks surrounded by an abrupt non-site of grassland, and far away at the horizon, behind Teletubby-land, I see another foggy square of a neighbouring highrise-district. Where is that kind of city planning referring to?:confused: