PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 is going to blow your mind!

xcodeaddict
Jun 6, 2013, 06:05 PM
All these "concepts" and "hints" are sparks flying onto the tinder of a coming fire, because come monday, this forum is going to turn into a rant-fest where all those who had these far-fetched, personalised daydreams of iOS 7 fitting exactly to how they steadfastly imagined it to be, will turn into enraged blabbering maniacs, because they convinced themselves it would be a certain way, and then it turns out to NOT be that way...

Take cover, pre-order the bulk packs of sedatives and straight jackets, and most importantly... EAR PLUGS! :D

[EDIT]

The business to be in is eye protection and mallets - set up a stall outside WWDC, and make a mint:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SINKqhYkoCc/UGrrVFptfzI/AAAAAAAAJR4/f59-8AbM8dg/s1600/Capture.PNG

cynics
Jun 6, 2013, 06:09 PM
I agree.

We are limited by the hardware Apple continues to support. So I'm not really expecting all that much. Pretty new design, bunch of developer stuff, and a new feature or two for that latest iOS devices.

I'm curious about the little things. I think every native app could be updated quite a bit and I'd be happy with that.

isoft7
Jun 6, 2013, 06:12 PM
If iOS 7 isn't Android 4.2.2 then Apple is screwed. Sorry folks.

xcodeaddict
Jun 6, 2013, 06:19 PM
If iOS 7 isn't Android 4.2.2 then Apple is screwed. Sorry folks.

Expand? :)

isoft7
Jun 6, 2013, 06:29 PM
Expand? :)

People want the freedom and customization Android provides... but they want it Applefied. In other words, easy to use and difficult to screw up.

This is where iOS wins over Android, it's easy to use and you can't mess it up. Android you can literally brick your phone if you get too deep in.

BUT, people want all those fancy bells and whistles... iOS is getting old, it's showing it's age. Android is advancing by leaps and bounds.

My opinion is if Apple provides iOS with Android like functionality and features, they will succeed.

Shrink
Jun 6, 2013, 06:31 PM
Luckily, I actually don't give a ...

Oh, wait...I forgot where is was!:eek:

xcodeaddict
Jun 6, 2013, 06:36 PM
People want the freedom and customization Android provides... but they want it Applefied. In other words, easy to use and difficult to screw up.

This is where iOS wins over Android, it's easy to use and you can't mess it up. Android you can literally brick your phone if you get too deep in.

BUT, people want all those fancy bells and whistles... iOS is getting old, it's showing it's age. Android is advancing by leaps and bounds.

My opinion is if Apple provides iOS with Android like functionality and features, they will succeed.

Apple are not going to revamp iOS based on what Android users want. If people want that cluttered, "anything goes" concept, there's Android for that; you know Apple well enough by now, surely? They innovate concepts that, when you see them, you think "that's BRILLIANT! Why hasn't that been done that way before now? It's SO simple!". You'll see concepts from iOS 7, slowly trickle into Android, whilst they try and deny they copied them (then again, that cuts both ways in some instances).

Some parts of Android are great, but the problem is that it is unsure of itself, and has way too many variants to be seen as something worthwhile copying from. Apple take the parts that succeed from other's ideas, and then make them 100x simpler and usable.

Telp
Jun 6, 2013, 08:16 PM
Apple are not going to revamp iOS based on what Android users want. If people want that cluttered, "anything goes" concept, there's Android for that; you know Apple well enough by now, surely? They innovate concepts that, when you see them, you think "that's BRILLIANT! Why hasn't that been done that way before now? It's SO simple!". You'll see concepts from iOS 7, slowly trickle into Android, whilst they try and deny they copied them (then again, that cuts both ways in some instances).

Some parts of Android are great, but the problem is that it is unsure of itself, and has way too many variants to be seen as something worthwhile copying from. Apple take the parts that succeed from other's ideas, and then make them 100x simpler and usable.

You are all over the place. You expect Apple to innovate without stealing. That's what innovation is, and that's what Apple does best. So while they aren't going to revamp based on what Android users want, they will take features from Android and INNOVATE them.

CarlosQG
Jun 6, 2013, 10:52 PM

Excuse me, which people? I don't know anyone with an iPhone (specially girls and parents) who would like stuff from Android (except quick toggles).

Want some Android eye-candy? iOS 7 will have panorama wallpapers, shut up.

roland.g
Jun 7, 2013, 12:41 AM
I think we will see more of what apps like ESPN Scorecenter and other apps are doing with sideswiping to reveal options and then swipe back baked into other elements of the OS. I expect it to be simplified, yet elegant. Ive is nothing if not elegant. I doubt we will see that much in the way of pop up controls, which I agree could be fun and useful. More what I see is that they will introduce new ways to control things, accomplish things through a innovative new set of tricks that reinvent how the touchscreen UI is used. However, at the same time without being gimmicks like the passbook shredder. While cool looking, that is simply a toy animation feature that is Forstall eye candy. I think Ive is less concerned with eye candy, and more concerned with functionality. Get it, get it done, move on.

jonnyb098
Jun 8, 2013, 01:15 PM
I agree.

We are limited by the hardware Apple continues to support. So I'm not really expecting all that much. Pretty new design, bunch of developer stuff, and a new feature or two for that latest iOS devices.

I'm curious about the little things. I think every native app could be updated quite a bit and I'd be happy with that.

On the contrary. The fact that iOS 7 is said to be simpler. Therefore it will run pretty good on older devices like iPhone 4. The only reason it wouldn't is for Apple to just obsolete it for the sake of moving people forward to newer devices. Remember the graphics files for all those textures are considerably bigger than just a simple gradient or solid color.

----------

You are all over the place. You expect Apple to innovate without stealing. That's what innovation is, and that's what Apple does best. So while they aren't going to revamp based on what Android users want, they will take features from Android and INNOVATE them.

Sorry to burst a lot of people's bubbles but come Monday we ARE going to see things that are "stolen" from other mobile OS's with some new innovations at the same time. I recall everyone b!tching about when Apple pretty much stole the notification drop-down from Android.

Apple has some catching up to do on mobile, so dont be one bit surprised to see a few things stolen. Plus Apple loves to steal things from the jailbreak community. Its just the way it is. Live with it.

Telp
Jun 8, 2013, 01:40 PM
Sorry to burst a lot of people's bubbles but come Monday we ARE going to see things that are "stolen" from other mobile OS's with some new innovations at the same time. I recall everyone b!tching about when Apple pretty much stole the notification drop-down from Android.

Apple has some catching up to do on mobile, so dont be one bit surprised to see a few things stolen. Plus Apple loves to steal things from the jailbreak community. Its just the way it is. Live with it.

You misunderstand. I know they will steal features. Apple has never been shy about stealing features. I meant the mere act of innovation starts by stealing someone else's idea.

mncmoore
Jun 8, 2013, 10:00 PM
No it won't. Going to be very disappointing. Trust me.

xcodeaddict
Jun 8, 2013, 10:02 PM
No it won't. Going to be very disappointing. Trust me.

The first thing I think when a stranger says "trust me", is "don't trust them".