PDA

View Full Version : Can't play movies I already paid for canceled credit card / overdrawn account

thedirtyduo
Jun 6, 2013, 07:49 PM
This has happened to me a few times and it really pisses me off that it works this way.

I had my ATM card replaced so they canceled my old one. The next day my son wanted to watch a movie we already purchased from iTunes but we were not allowed to watch any of the movies I purchased until the new card came and my account was updated.

Then today my account was overdrawn by $3. AppleTV would not allow me to watch movies I already paid for until the balance was in the positive.

That's wrong!!

What if I decided I didn't want to purchase anymore movies from Apple and I canceled my card with them. Now I can't watch my films??

A lawsuit waiting to happen here.

Gonna call and complain about this, but I'm wondering if you have had similar experiences or your thoughts on this.

Primejimbo
Jun 6, 2013, 07:59 PM
I never heard of this. I bought movies from iTunes and I actually removed my credit card from my iTunes account and just get gift cards when I want something.

Shrink
Jun 6, 2013, 08:19 PM
This has happened to me a few times and it really pisses me off that it works this way.

I had my ATM card replaced so they canceled my old one. The next day my son wanted to watch a movie we already purchased from iTunes but we were not allowed to watch any of the movies I purchased until the new card came and my account was updated.

Then today my account was overdrawn by $3. AppleTV would not allow me to watch movies I already paid for until the balance was in the positive.

That's wrong!!

What if I decided I didn't want to purchase anymore movies from Apple and I canceled my card with them. Now I can't watch my films??

Gonna call and complain about this, but I'm wondering if you have had similar experiences or your thoughts on this.

Serious question...how can you charge stuff on an ATM card. I understand using a Credit Card, or a Debit Card...but an ATM card?:confused:

thedirtyduo
Jun 6, 2013, 08:30 PM
I meant Debit. :p

Garsun
Jun 7, 2013, 01:53 AM
I lost my cc and had it replaced with a new one(different number).
I forgot to update my iTunes account and did not have any issues watching any of my purchased content (movies,tv shows) for several weeks.
It was when I tried to buy I new movie that I had to reenter the new number.

spyguy10709
Jun 7, 2013, 10:09 PM

That's wrong!!

Thats's... wrong. I was in the exact same situation, calling BS on this one guys.

MarkG21
Jun 8, 2013, 01:23 PM
If your balance is in the negative, you cant watch your purchases in the cloud. I think its somewhere in the TOS. Thats why its always a good idea to download your purchases. Thats what you paid for. The cloud feature is a benefit but you paid for the movies/tv shows to be downloaded. Apple doesn't prevent you from viewing your purchases that you downloaded if your account isn't up to date.

Please don't bash me for being apple apologetic. I'm just stating what their policy is and not necessary agree with it but it is what it is.