PDA

View Full Version : Archive and Restore

ekaramol
Nov 2, 2005, 02:48 PM
I had to archive and restore my OS (using 10.2.8 on a G4), when I did this a folder was automatically made, called "previous system." My itune mp3s are in this folder. When I try to add them back to my library and click on the song, I get asked for my apple id and password. I enter both and I get an error message saying I don't have authorization. It's the same computer I only reinstalled the OS. Any ideas?

jeremy.king
Nov 2, 2005, 02:50 PM
I had to archive and restore my OS (using 10.2.8 on a G4), when I did this a folder was automatically made, called "previous system." My itune mp3s are in this folder. When I try to add them back to my library and click on the song, I get asked for my apple id and password. I enter both and I get an error message saying I don't have authorization. It's the same computer I only reinstalled the OS. Any ideas?

You are entering in your APPLE Id (the same one you use to buy music) and not your computer login name, right? I am guessing its doing the whole iTunes authorization check since you are copying music you may have bought on the iTMS.

ekaramol
Nov 2, 2005, 04:08 PM
Yes, I am using the apple id and password. I even double checked it by loging in to the store and purchasing a new song. That worked fine.

jeremy.king
Nov 3, 2005, 07:04 AM
Yes, I am using the apple id and password. I even double checked it by loging in to the store and purchasing a new song. That worked fine.

Have you burned up all five? I'm guessing if you have then it would have said so. I'm at a loss. Guess the only other thing to try is moving your archived library right on top of the new library folder - outside of iTunes.