Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walonader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Can I delete my old iCloud backup from my previous iPhone?

I upgraded from a 4S to a 5 and both backups are in there which is taking up all of my space. The 4S backup is 2.8GB and the 5 is 1.9. I restored the 4S backup to my new iPhone 5, so I shouldn't need the old one anymore, correct?

Just want to make sure.

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Can I delete my old iCloud backup from my previous iPhone?

I upgraded from a 4S to a 5 and both backups are in there which is taking up all of my space. The 4S backup is 2.8GB and the 5 is 1.9. I restored the 4S backup to my new iPhone 5, so I shouldn't need the old one anymore, correct?

Just want to make sure.

Once you get your 5 just how you want it, do a full (recommend encrypted) backup to iTunes and iCloud, and then I think it's safe to delete the old 4S backup.

walonader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Once you get your 5 just how you want it, do a full (recommend encrypted) backup to iTunes and iCloud, and then I think it's safe to delete the old 4S backup.

Great! Thank you! I have an unencrypted backup of the 4S on my Mac anyway, so I'll still have it somewhere should something terrible happen.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.