PDA

View Full Version : Some image trawling... what is this?

xcodeaddict
Jun 7, 2013, 09:04 PM
I just found this in my Chrome image cache... but what IS it? :confused: :eek:

The source URL was some scrambled Apple URL which is now 404'ing...

Intell
Jun 7, 2013, 09:07 PM
That's a standard promotional image for WWDC 2013. Nothing fancy.

Xcallibur
Jun 7, 2013, 09:10 PM
Indeed it is. Question is why would you casually go through your image cache?

xcodeaddict
Jun 7, 2013, 09:14 PM
Indeed it is. Question is why would you casually go through your image cache?

Trying to work out where I was earlier, as I cleared my web history... :(

----------

... but the filename has "springboard" in it...

I've not seen it elsewhere, have you?

Intell
Jun 7, 2013, 09:16 PM
Springboard is a lot a different things besides the name of iOS' main app. In web design lingo, it is commonly used as a placeholder or starting place image.

xcodeaddict
Jun 7, 2013, 09:17 PM
Springboard is a lot a different things besides the name of iOS' main app. In web design lingo, it is commonly used as a placeholder or starting place image.

Okay :). Just seems a slight coincidence, since iOS uses a "springboard" launcher, right?

Also it says "_stack..." - there's stacks in OS X - is there any correlation, do you feel?

Intell
Jun 7, 2013, 09:19 PM
None at all. Stacks is likely the name of the image that is given for internal purposes.

xcodeaddict
Jun 7, 2013, 09:20 PM
None at all. Stacks is likely the name of the image that is given for internal purposes.

So, nothing to do with there being a stack of icons, and a springboard being iOS' traditional launcher name? Do you work for Apple, and if so, do I sense denial? LOL! :D

Intell
Jun 7, 2013, 09:22 PM
Apple's internal web marketing team likely calls it a "stacks" image, because it looks like a stack of squares. The web team also likely has the "springboard" in the image name because it is the springboard/starting image for WWDC 2013.

xcodeaddict
Jun 7, 2013, 09:26 PM
Apple's internal web marketing team likely calls it a "stacks" image, because it looks like a stack of squares. The web team also likely has the "springboard" in the image name because it is the springboard/starting image for WWDC 2013.

Seems like much of a coincidence to me; I like!

[EDIT]

So, I wonder if there'll be a stack which you tap, that then fans out into a launcher... like on OS X?

andrewpturko
Jun 9, 2013, 04:33 AM
Seems like much of a coincidence to me; I like!

[EDIT]

So, I wonder if there'll be a stack which you tap, that then fans out into a launcher... like on OS X?

nope. folders took care of that.

clauzzz203
Jun 9, 2013, 04:44 AM
Looks like it will be a demo image on apple's website for the new homescreen, can't wait to see the keynote, this looks quite interesting

cobbyco
Jun 9, 2013, 11:48 AM
I just found this in my Chrome image cache... but what IS it? :confused: :eek:

The source URL was some scrambled Apple URL which is now 404'ing...

I just compared this to the actual WWDC logo, and there are a few differences, so this is an all new image. Good find!

The apps are stacked in a different order, and by the looks of the blur it looks like a frame for some kind of animation (probably for this folder/stacks idea).

Do not dismiss this. This is a good find.

monaarts
Jun 9, 2013, 12:49 PM
Or something OP created (or someone else did) in 5 minutes with photoshop. I'm not buying that this has any significance with iOS or OSX, just a promo image.

lewismayell
Jun 9, 2013, 03:07 PM
Does like quite similar to the banners you made though: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1592290

djtech42
Jun 9, 2013, 04:01 PM
I put it in the Google search by image thing, but it didn't show it anywhere on the Web. :( Interesting though. Looks like it might be what folders will look like on iOS 7. Now they might use the stack OS X aesthetics.

FreeState
Jun 9, 2013, 10:44 PM
Edit - delete