PDA

View Full Version : WWDC 2013 Spoiler Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

MacRumors
Jun 8, 2013, 03:12 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/08/wwdc-2013-spoiler-free-video-stream/)

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/04/wwdc_2013_logo-250x239.jpgWith Apple's 2013 Worldwide Developer's Conference kicking off on Monday, some users are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about Monday's announcements.

Update: Apple will be streaming the event live to both its website (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/wwdc-2013-keynote-live-video-stream-available-via-apples-website/) and Apple TV (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/apple-to-stream-live-video-of-wwdc-2013-keynote-to-apple-tv/). We will also post the archived stream here after the event is over.

Video Posted: The video has been posted (http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/), but spoiler-free viewers should be aware that there are major spoilers located at the bottom of that page. Users should be sure to shrink their browsers vertically or turn their iOS devices into landscape mode in order to avoid viewing the spoilers.

Article Link: WWDC 2013 Spoiler Free Video Stream [Video Posted] (http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/08/wwdc-2013-spoiler-free-video-stream/)

Sound214
Jun 8, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'd REALLY love being able to wait. But I can't. I ain't got no force, motha****ah.

cjbriare
Jun 8, 2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you!

Cougarcat
Jun 8, 2013, 03:19 PM
I don't have a choice this year...have a hugely important exam Monday afternoon. It's going to take all my will not to go online. WWDC always ends up being on exam week :(

anshuvorty
Jun 8, 2013, 03:19 PM
Have been spoiler-free for the last 3 years now!! Let's do this! Also, trying to go Spoiler-Free with the E3 Press Conference Events too over at NeoGaf...Let's hope that goes well too!

Thanks MacRumors for once again creating this thread!

Lastly, here is voidness' official keynote checker for the event (not updated yet): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Good luck guys!

09sroyal
Jun 8, 2013, 03:22 PM
Does this mean there is no live stream?

Klae17
Jun 8, 2013, 03:22 PM
Can I resist this year? Do I have the willpower? Should I go to the gym instead and start working out?

Sound214
Jun 8, 2013, 03:23 PM
Have been spoiler-free for the last 3 years now!! Let's do this! Also, trying to go Spoiler-Free with the E3 Press Conference Events too over at NeoGaf...Let's hope that goes well too!

Thanks MacRumors for once again creating this thread!

Lastly, here is voidness' official keynote checker for the event (not updated yet): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Good luck guys!

Wow! Any tips how to manage it? I'm afraid I might blow up if I try.

LorenzMeir

Sure there is

Billy Boo Bob

There hasn't been a live stream in ages.

anshuvorty
Jun 8, 2013, 03:25 PM
Wow! Any tips how to manage it? I'm afraid I might blow up if I try.

1st off: set your homepage to open to a blank page instead of your tab page on your browser - so many ppl in the past have fallen trap to this

2nd: turn off all notifications on your smartphone - twitter, fb, email, etc. People have found out the hard way

3rd: bookmark this page and also go out for a walk, a jog, read a good book! helps pass the time enormously!

good luck

lewismayell
Jun 8, 2013, 03:29 PM
What time will it be on (UK time)? Will it stream live to the WWDC iPhone app?

pmontanarella
Jun 8, 2013, 03:29 PM

Actually last October there was a live video stream provided by Apple, and they also had built an Apple TV app to stream directly to the Apple TV which made/makes it seem probable/possible that it will be live streamed again this time. Last time the news came out on early morning of the day of the conference itself so it may be the same this year.

Pietro

Billy Boo Bob
Jun 8, 2013, 03:33 PM
Keep in mind, too... They'll probably post a streaming version first, which is most likely what you'll get here right away...

If you want to wait for a downloaded podcast version you can subscribe to the "Apple Keynotes" podcast at:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes/id275834665?mt=2

This will take you to a web page where you can then "View in iTunes"... Once in iTunes, use the "Subscribe" button.

Note: When you first subscribe it will probably start to automatically download the latest one already out (Special Event October 2012). You can just stop that download and wait...

Once the WWDC keynote is ready to download as a podcast it will automatically download into iTunes.

RJCP
Jun 8, 2013, 03:39 PM
I've just received an email from Rabbit saying they'll broadcast the Keynote live.
That possibly means that Apple will stream it live, otherwise where would they be getting their stream from?

EDIT: this what the email said.

Monday, June 10 at 10am PT

What's Apple announcing this year? iRadio? iOS 7? Join us in Rabbit to watch the WWDC keynote with all of us who lost the ⌘R quickdraw.

WhiteIphone5
Jun 8, 2013, 03:42 PM
Now that school is done, this is going to be hard for me to resist.

----------

I've just received an email from Rabbit saying they'll broadcast the Keynote live.
That possibly means that Apple will stream it live, otherwise where would they be getting their stream from?

i think they mean that they will be streaming live and will go over as products get announced? like some commentary or something.

designaholic
Jun 8, 2013, 04:06 PM
Maan, I'm really excited about this one. Usually it's hard not too feel a little disappointed after the keynotes, but I reckon this will be chock-full of nice surprises :apple: :)

komodrone
Jun 8, 2013, 04:08 PM
even harder is not checking Twitter the moment I wake up.

runeapple
Jun 8, 2013, 04:11 PM

It's always 6pm - I wouldn't count on it but hopefully!

d4rk
Jun 8, 2013, 04:13 PM

EDIT: this what the email said.

Monday, June 10 at 10am PT

What's Apple announcing this year? iRadio? iOS 7? Join us in Rabbit to watch the WWDC keynote with all of us who lost the ⌘R quickdraw.

I agree with the other reply. This is most likely referring to live commentary about the event as most news sites are offering something similar. Typically if an Apple event is streamed live we don't find out until the morning of the event.

StellarSoul
Jun 8, 2013, 04:23 PM
LOVE these non spoiler threads. Really cant wait to watch the keynote. Haven't been this excited for one in ages! I guess it's because I'm planning on buying the Haswell 15" rMBP they hopefully announce.

Watching them unveil the refreshed iOS and OSX operating systems is going to be phenomenal. In my mind this is the first true post Steve Jobs era keynote.

wdw_
Jun 8, 2013, 04:27 PM
Sequestration time! Love it. I've been spoiler free since I was 12, back in the 90s. I've been spoiler free most of my life, come to think of it.

It would be nice if they'd give us a live stream. They do it every once and a while. They used to do it for EVERY keynote back in like 2000. With all the server farms they own, it seem like it'd be relatively simple to stream their events.

pscl
Jun 8, 2013, 04:29 PM
Will there be no livestream? Last Keynote had one, or am i wrong?!

wilhoitm
Jun 8, 2013, 04:47 PM

I'm not sure the internet can handle a live stream and I mean that literally! :D It might crash the internet! :apple:

CrazyForApple
Jun 8, 2013, 04:51 PM
I don't have a choice this year...have a hugely important exam Monday afternoon. It's going to take all my will not to go online. WWDC always ends up being on exam week :(
I know me too, it ********** sucks

strausd
Jun 8, 2013, 04:51 PM
I haven't been impressed by an Apple keynote in years. Hopefully this one ends their streak.

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 8, 2013, 05:18 PM
I haven't been impressed by an Apple keynote in years. Hopefully this one ends their streak.

Really? I found last year ended in quite the bang.

Anyways, I'll be doing spoiler free, the same as every year since... 2007? Sometime around then.

Some years I'm not as strict as others... IE, sometimes I find it acceptable to go on MacRumors and just go straight to the programming forums where I usually am when I'm not reading the news, but other times I find people are too quick to say "OMG, NEW SDK WITH FEATURES!"...

On that topic, sometimes I feel like I need to know about Apple's announcements ASAP so that I can get an app out utilizing those new features ASAP... but honestly, I don't think I've ever managed to utilize anything new quickly... I guess I was pretty quick adding notification center support to Battery Status? As I recall I actually installed the ML beta and had it running on the beta version and then I submitted a few days after ML was released publicly?

I wonder if my iMac will even be able to run the version of OS X that's getting announced... it's a 2007... I'm going to be quite bummed if it's at its end now... I can't afford to buy a newer computer yet...

StellarSoul
Jun 8, 2013, 05:21 PM

I was blown away by the introduction of the rMBP at WWDC 2012. That was the most exciting product I've seen announced since the original iPad.

BTW just thought I'd throw out there that Craig Federighi (AKA Hair Force One) has excellent stage presence! Can't wait to see him do his thing on monday! He's the only one in the executive team that comes close to Jobs in terms of public speaking IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvXJg2P65zw

lewismayell
Jun 8, 2013, 05:26 PM
It's always 6pm - I wouldn't count on it but hopefully!

Great, so school won't interrupt it and I could possible watch it live

WhiteIphone5
Jun 8, 2013, 05:30 PM
Can I resist this year? Do I have the willpower? Should I go to the gym instead and start working out?

That's what I have been doing. Time to go extra hard!!!

pscl
Jun 8, 2013, 05:40 PM
last years WWDC had a live stream... (introduction of the new rmbp)

so lets hope for that this year too...

Onimusha370
Jun 8, 2013, 06:04 PM

You mean since the last keynote?

StellarSoul
Jun 8, 2013, 06:09 PM
Ugh! I was using this site to judge when WWDC is for my timezone. They are WAY off. http://wwdccountdown.com I was all excited thinking it would be happening at lunch time where I am in Australia. Nope! 3AM tues morning now. Grr.

strausd
Jun 8, 2013, 06:21 PM
Really? I found last year ended in quite the bang.

There was nothing about iOS 6 or even the iPhone 5 that made me want to spend any money. There was nothing that great, that different, or that mind blowing.

I was blown away by the introduction of the rMBP at WWDC 2012. That was the most exciting product I've seen announced since the original iPad.

After the iPhone 4 and iPad 3, a retina MBP made sense. Plus making it 100% SSD and taking away user-replaceable parts was obvious considering their MBA line.

Plus I bought a rMBP. The integrated graphics and GT 650M just couldn't properly handle the screen (kind of like the iPad 3, which I still have). I sold it a few weeks ago for multiple reasons.

Basically, Apple is becoming an extremely predictable company. But nowadays, most tech companies are like that. Google I/O was a disappointment. I am just hoping WWDC won't follow in their footsteps.

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 8, 2013, 06:22 PM
I was blown away by the introduction of the rMBP at WWDC 2012.That was the most exciting product I've seen announced since the original iPad.

I know, so was I! I in fact bought the best one with almost all the upgrades as soon as I could!

Nermal
Jun 8, 2013, 06:29 PM
Ugh! I was using this site to judge when WWDC is for my timezone. They are WAY off. http://wwdccountdown.com I was all excited thinking it would be happening at lunch time where I am in Australia. Nope! 3AM tues morning now. Grr.

Yeah, that site is completely wrong; it places it at 1 pm Monday NZ time, instead of 5 am Tuesday :rolleyes:

Now, whether I can manage spoiler-free will depend on how much work I have on. If it's a slow day then it'll be easy to read the news...

Peace
Jun 8, 2013, 06:44 PM
There "might" be a live stream for registered developers using the WWDC app.

gooberwilson
Jun 8, 2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks for posting this! I'm looking forward to my first spoiler free Apple keynote! I've never tried this in the past... we'll see how well I hold up. :)

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 8, 2013, 06:53 PM
There was nothing about iOS 6 or even the iPhone 5 that made me want to spend any money. There was nothing that great, that different, or that mind blowing.

After the iPhone 4 and iPad 3, a retina MBP made sense. Plus making it 100% SSD and taking away user-replaceable parts was obvious considering their MBA line.

Plus I bought a rMBP. The integrated graphics and GT 650M just couldn't properly handle the screen (kind of like the iPad 3, which I still have). I sold it a few weeks ago for multiple reasons.

Basically, Apple is becoming an extremely predictable company. But nowadays, most tech companies are like that. Google I/O was a disappointment. I am just hoping WWDC won't follow in their footsteps.

IDK, if they follow the predictable moves the keynote will be over in 40 minutes. Everything gets a spec bump. New prices. Done. Apple has a rule about introducing new products 40 minutes into the keynote - so obviously that's when they'll roll out something actually new and actually exciting and not very predictable.

anshuvorty
Jun 8, 2013, 06:56 PM
IDK, if they follow the predictable moves the keynote will be over in 40 minutes.

the 2007 wwdc keynote by the late steve jobs was 1 hr and 20 min....you never know.

WhiteIphone5
Jun 8, 2013, 07:05 PM
Will there be no livestream? Last Keynote had one, or am i wrong?!

Maybe because last keynote wasn't that special? idk lol
to answer your question, yes there was. October Special Event

Juzo Fuwa
Jun 8, 2013, 07:23 PM
Sweet man. Thanks alot :) :).

slrandall
Jun 8, 2013, 07:33 PM
While we wait, here's my favorite keynote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STuhwRwRqD4

lunaoso
Jun 8, 2013, 08:36 PM
While we wait, here's my favorite keynote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STuhwRwRqD4

Started watching it... "There's the PC in the attic." Oh Steve... :D

slrandall
Jun 8, 2013, 09:10 PM
Started watching it... "There's the PC in the attic." Oh Steve... :D

The last minute kills me every time, haha.

okr
Jun 8, 2013, 09:49 PM
last years WWDC had a live stream... (introduction of the new rmbp)

so lets hope for that this year too...

Has anyone used http://m.ustream.tv/ltktv before? It seems like previous Keynotes have been streamed from this site, but I've never used it before: always streamed afterwards from the Apple website.

Zyphras
Jun 8, 2013, 10:05 PM
I've tried going spoiler free for years but only succeeded once. It just takes too long for the stream to become available and it's hard to resist. Who cares though, really? Watching the stream afterwards doesn't really take away any of the magic from the experience. You miss some of the instant reaction from twitter too.

lunaoso
Jun 8, 2013, 10:08 PM
The last minute kills me every time, haha.

"We think most people are going to get the ultimate version." :D This is what I miss about Steve running the keynotes. We've lost some of the flair and style that Steve had. I loved getting a good laugh out of some of the jokes he cracked.

wiz329
Jun 8, 2013, 10:12 PM

BTW just thought I'd throw out there that Craig Federighi (AKA Hair Force One) has excellent stage presence! Can't wait to see him do his thing on monday! He's the only one in the executive team that comes close to Jobs in terms of public speaking IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvXJg2P65zw

Really? I went back and watched this ... it just seems off beat, forced, and lacks excitement. I think Tim Cook does a much better job personally, although no one can do it like Steve Jobs did.

slrandall
Jun 9, 2013, 12:02 AM
IDK, if they follow the predictable moves the keynote will be over in 40 minutes. Everything gets a spec bump. New prices. Done. Apple has a rule about introducing new products 40 minutes into the keynote - so obviously that's when they'll roll out something actually new and actually exciting and not very predictable.

I don't know where you're getting 40 minutes; last year's was almost 2 hours if I remember correctly.

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 12:07 AM
I don't know where you're getting 40 minutes; last year's was almost 2 hours if I remember correctly.

yup you are right!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/7726d318-36aa-4b6c-b2cd-480998e663f5/47afd12aed14cf2389bf828b934fe86e/res/3fb5cd08-60a2-4905-bb2d-897b10a3061e/skitch.jpg?resizeSmall&width=832

Dolorian
Jun 9, 2013, 12:14 AM
The schedule on the WWDC app has a space of 2 hours for the keynote.

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 9, 2013, 12:19 AM

Right, but how predictable was it all? Any predictableness about it had to do with how spot on all the rumors were... I feel like there's been a serious shortage of rumors for this keynote. We know that iOS 7 will be revealed and we might have a fuzzy screenshot of the homepage. We've heard it'll be "white and black and flat all over". We also know that OS X 10.9 will be revealed but we literally don't know a single thing about it. I expect there's going to be a lot of surprises here, and if there aren't, I expect Apple's stock to plummet. If I had any money that I could afford to invest though, it'd be in Apple right now, because I think it's going to jump 30% this week if not more.

dazonic
Jun 9, 2013, 12:28 AM
I wrote this script a while ago, it'll ping Apple every 30 seconds until the event's posted, then it'll open it up and start playing.

https://gist.github.com/daz/3711799

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 12:30 AM
I wrote this script a while ago, it'll ping Apple every 30 seconds until the event's posted, then it'll open it up and start playing.

https://gist.github.com/daz/3711799

i am not too familiar with github...so how would I go about using this?

slrandall
Jun 9, 2013, 12:43 AM
Right, but how predictable was it all? Any predictableness about it had to do with how spot on all the rumors were... I feel like there's been a serious shortage of rumors for this keynote. We know that iOS 7 will be revealed and we might have a fuzzy screenshot of the homepage. We've heard it'll be "white and black and flat all over". We also know that OS X 10.9 will be revealed but we literally don't know a single thing about it. I expect there's going to be a lot of surprises here, and if there aren't, I expect Apple's stock to plummet. If I had any money that I could afford to invest though, it'd be in Apple right now, because I think it's going to jump 30% this week if not more.

True, and that was because iOS 6 wasn't that huge (the mapping company acquisitions made a lot of it obvious) and OS X ML had been previewed back in February along with parts of iCloud (again, hoping memory proves correct), where one of the headlining features was Notes.app.

It's clearly not hardware season yet, otherwise we would have seen way more. But I, like you, am definitely very excited for the software info we'll get on Monday since this year it'll be all new information concentrated into one 2-hour block.

----------

i am not too familiar with github...so how would I go about using this?

Download the .rb file, and in Terminal enter "ruby appleevent.rb" if you have Ruby installed. It'll check a specific URL where the keynote should be, and print out a smiley face and open Safari to that URL if it's there.

juanm
Jun 9, 2013, 01:20 AM
Boy, all us hoping for a new Mac Pro are gonna be so disappointed when all we're getting is new EU compliant fans and a speed bump!! ;)

J/k. I have a feeling it's the real deal, this time. I just hope they keep the price low, there's not the huge gap there used to be between regular desktops and workstations, and a Hackintosh is a viable alternative nowadays.

ConCat
Jun 9, 2013, 01:41 AM
Boy, all us hoping for a new Mac Pro are gonna be so disappointed when all we're getting is new EU compliant fans and a speed bump!! ;)

J/k. I have a feeling it's the real deal, this time. I just hope they keep the price low, there's not the huge gap there used to be between regular desktops and workstations, and a Hackintosh is a viable alternative nowadays.

There still is a pretty big difference in the number of cores you have available in your average Xeon verse an i7. Regardless, this Mac Pro will be spectacular whenever it's released (might not be during WWDC). It will likely come with all drive bays fused (with Core Storage) into one drive, with easy removal of individual drives via a single command. All the signs in OS X are there. It'll be a neat machine.

komodrone
Jun 9, 2013, 01:45 AM
Yay no spoilers! I don't even want to know if Jony Ive sneezes liquid metal out of his nose.

Natekhsirv
Jun 9, 2013, 02:35 AM
Its my 1st WWDC as an Apple fan . Its great timing too in my time zone (GMT+5:30) .I can work all day , have my dinner, watch WWDC, scan Twitter and perhaps download the betas of iOS and OSX

By the way , are the beta versions of OSX available immediately after the conference (I am a paying developer in iOS dev center)?

juanm
Jun 9, 2013, 02:38 AM
There still is a pretty big difference in the number of cores you have available in your average Xeon verse an i7. Regardless, this Mac Pro will be spectacular whenever it's released (might not be during WWDC). It will likely come with all drive bays fused (with Core Storage) into one drive, with easy removal of individual drives via a single command. All the signs in OS X are there. It'll be a neat machine.

:confused: GHz for Ghz at an equal number of cores and equivalent generation, a xeon will actually, in my experience, with ECC RAM, be as fast or slightly slower than an i7. Of course, you can get a two proc. machine, but as I said, there's not a huge gap in performance between pro and consumer computers like it used to be.

adildacoolset
Jun 9, 2013, 03:45 AM

By any chance, is it a Cambridge exam? I also have a hugely important exam on Monday.

MrSkoTA
Jun 9, 2013, 04:02 AM
I get off work at 8am ET Monday morning. I'll sleep till around 4pm ET which is about when they will release the stream.

If they LiveStream it then I'll be doing a 24 hour day!

Walter White
Jun 9, 2013, 04:22 AM

Aren't we all?

arcite
Jun 9, 2013, 05:55 AM
So to pull this off I'd have to:

shut down twitter
shut down email
close all tabs in browsers (auto-loading!)
ignore the TV
ignore the Radio
shut off my cellphone

----
basically a total media and communications blackout of my life for several hours.
Challenging!

----------

I get off work at 8am ET Monday morning. I'll sleep till around 4pm ET which is about when they will release the stream.

If it comes out at 4pm ET, that will be 10pm my time. Doable! :eek:

jent
Jun 9, 2013, 05:57 AM
How long has it taken in recent events for the keynote to be available via streaming video and download?

arcite
Jun 9, 2013, 05:57 AM
I'm most excited to see Ive talk about new OS changes, considering he is a hardware guru.

JP3G
Jun 9, 2013, 06:30 AM
How long has it taken in recent events for the keynote to be available via streaming video and download?

By experience, usually between 4 and 6 hours.

AppleUnited
Jun 9, 2013, 06:31 AM
I hope that Apple TV will have the keynote ready when I wake up. :)

lucas107
Jun 9, 2013, 07:24 AM
While I currently don't own a single mac product anymore I'm still pretty excited for this

robogobo
Jun 9, 2013, 07:37 AM
Ok since this is now the third, and now official Spoiler-Free thread, I'll post the rules carried over from the other two, just so it's clear why we've been doing this for 7+ years.

1) no spoilers, of course. That means no hints, jokes, what is, what isn't or anything related to the discussions going on around the Internet once the keynote starts, or once the official thread is up.

2) no speculation. This has been a problem in the past, and certain people think it's ok to mindlessly speculate. It isn't. Just don't.

3) the spoiler-free thread is a place for Apple fans to distract themselves, to take attention away from the live blogs and rumors before, during and after the keynote until the official stream is available online. That's the point. Talk about books, movies, music, your dog, whatever. But nothing Apple or Apple related. Nothing.

With all due respect, the rules have been crowd sourced over the past seven years, and the post I made earlier more accurately reflect the spirit of all spoiler free threads since 2006. Specifically, No Speculation! Look at the WWDC 2012 thread for a great example of what the poster called "mindless speculation" that caused everyone to jump on him. The rules are simple, nothing Apple - because at first glance speculationlooks like a rumor or spoiler, and it causes us to flinch. So just don't.

Welcome to another edition of the spoiler-free experience for WWDC! This post will contain the official live keynote stream (when one is available). Please don't post any rumors/speculation. Until then, feel free to pass the time here.

Keynote Checker (Courtesy of Voidness): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Rules
- Do not mention any current rumors/new rumors
- Do not mention Apple's stock price
- Do assume everyone in this thread has heard nothing about WWDC Event
- Use common sense when posting
- Do not say what was not in the Keynote (ex. "They didn't update the AppleTVs!!")
- Be Patient!

Purpose of This Thread
The purpose is that people can bookmark this thread, and check in periodically to see if a link to the Keynote is posted (instead of being spoiled by seeing pictures on the MacRumors' homepage ). It's like we've all seen trailers for a movie (like the part leaks), but we want to watch the movie (the Keynote) without knowing the ending.

Also if someone does post spoilers please report them via the button located on the left of each post. Please do not quote the offending post.

Following these rules will make a better experience for everyone. Thanks!

Jack97
Jun 9, 2013, 09:35 AM
I like to think I'd be able to last this long, but I'm honestly not sure if I can. I'll try my best :)

Throy
Jun 9, 2013, 09:39 AM
I can not wait to be there!!

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 10:45 AM
if John Gruber has no idea what is in store, things must really be surprising...can't wait to find out for myself!

theelysium
Jun 9, 2013, 10:56 AM
Last Apple event was streamed live here http://www.apple.com/apple-events/. I also heard that the wwdc app will also have the Keynote live stream too.

theelysium
Jun 9, 2013, 11:06 AM
Sry duplicate

ConCat
Jun 9, 2013, 11:07 AM
:confused: GHz for Ghz at an equal number of cores and equivalent generation, a xeon will actually, in my experience, with ECC RAM, be as fast or slightly slower than an i7. Of course, you can get a two proc. machine, but as I said, there's not a huge gap in performance between pro and consumer computers like it used to be.

People don't buy Xeons if they need the same amount of cores as an i7. Comparing the two in that way is pointless. If you need a 4 core CPU, you don't (usually) buy a Xeon. If you need more cores, you buy a Xeon. It's that simple. i7s don't come with 8 physical cores per CPU, and as you said, you can't get a board with two sockets. It's an entirely different market. So yes, there is a huge performance difference, but only if you can make use of the extra cores.

colossus928
Jun 9, 2013, 11:10 AM
changing my "Topsite" home page to this one, i'm ready !

Jack97
Jun 9, 2013, 11:55 AM
This might work out quite well for me actually. Being in the UK, the Keynote isn't until six, at which time I'll be revising hard for my maths exam the next morning! :D Hopefully by the time I'm finished with the exam the keynote will be posted! woohoo!

bumblebritches5
Jun 9, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure the internet can handle a live stream and I mean that literally! :D It might crash the internet! :apple:

... if anything crashes the internet, it'll be the combination of Xbone, PS4, Apple, and Obama's press conference and his assorted leaks that are sure to happen tommorrow.

WoFat
Jun 9, 2013, 12:49 PM
I've avoided heroin, cocaine, tattoos, and all sorts of leggy naked super models throwing themselves at me so waiting until Apple posts the video will be equally easy.

(Avoiding weak willed individuals like many of you wetting your pants here has also enhanced the quality of the life I live.)

Ram27
Jun 9, 2013, 01:47 PM
God, there hasn't been a keynote in ages.

Usually there's one in April, right?

So excited for this.

So so excited.

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 9, 2013, 02:08 PM
I just realized I still have www. apple .com set as my homepage (It's the default) Maybe I should change it?

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 02:18 PM
I just realized I still have www.apple.com set as my homepage (It's the default) Maybe I should change it?

nahh, just keep it! OF COURSE NOT...are you crazy???

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 9, 2013, 02:22 PM
nahh, just keep it! OF COURSE NOT...are you crazy???

Haha, thanks for making me laugh.

I have already changed it.

Edit: Also I have edited my post so it's no longer a link.

Jack97
Jun 9, 2013, 02:49 PM
changing my "Topsite" home page to this one, i'm ready !

I just did the same! :D

512ke
Jun 9, 2013, 03:37 PM
I just wish I could be there in person. Especially if Apple announces 2D icons and their own Pandora!

DavidMarks
Jun 9, 2013, 04:45 PM
Great! I already had to remove all Apple sites and news sites from my Top Sites. Let's see how it works out. They better upload it quick - AND NO ***** ANNOYING LAGS! Every time I try and watch a stream from the Apple website, the image freezes or the audio mutes for no reason. Jeeezzzz! :mad:

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 04:52 PM
we are in that moment where those that are want to be spoiled and those that don't (us) have no idea what apple is going to announce, so we can still be relatively lax about the rules.....BUT..... come tomorrow morning, these rules about no spoilers are totally going to be in effect, so be ready guys!

AppleUnited
Jun 9, 2013, 05:18 PM
18 more hours to go! :D

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 06:41 PM
17 hrs

Baklava
Jun 9, 2013, 06:50 PM
Last year someone was posting images of new iPod's in a spoiler-free thread before the keynote was live. So I will leave this thread tomorrow some hours before the keynote starts. Just in case...

StellarSoul
Jun 9, 2013, 07:30 PM
God I hope I can keep my eyes awake at 3am for this!

ThE.MeSsEnGeR
Jun 9, 2013, 08:01 PM
less than 16 hours!!!! :D :D :D
http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy97/JhonnyAyrout/ss_zpse91101b5.png (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/JhonnyAyrout/media/ss_zpse91101b5.png.html)

viperGTS
Jun 9, 2013, 08:43 PM
This will be my first time going spoiler free. Hope I can manage. :p does any one know how long after the keynote when Apple uploads the conference?

ChrisA
Jun 9, 2013, 08:51 PM

I'm in California. You guys in the UK are 8 hours ahead of us. So I guess you will see it 8 hours before I do ;-)

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 09:01 PM
I'm in California. You guys in the UK are 8 hours ahead of us. So I guess you will see it 8 hours before I do ;-)

if only that was the case....I live in CA too, if I lived in UK/Australia, i would be able to experience the keynote live because I would be done with exams. Here, my exams run the gamut from 9 to 5. therfore i am choosing to remain spoiler-free this year

anshuvorty
Jun 9, 2013, 09:15 PM
half a day + 2 hrs = 14 hrs!!!:eek:

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 9, 2013, 10:14 PM
Is this a live stream of WWDC? http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 9, 2013, 10:40 PM
I just went to the future and watched it! It's amazing!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

eagandale4114
Jun 10, 2013, 12:01 AM
T minus 12 hours and counting.

neutrino23
Jun 10, 2013, 12:06 AM
Less than 12 hours to go.

When we are months away from a keynote it is helpful to read about what direction is headed in. When it gets to be this close I find the leaks are pointless. At this stage I'd rather wait and watch the keynote and see how Apple presents itself and then join the discussion afterward.

I get on a plane from San Francisco to Newark tomorrow departing at 9:45AM. Unless they have WiFi on the plane it will be easy for me to avoid most of the spoilers. ;)

Dragonlance1561
Jun 10, 2013, 12:27 AM
Is this a live stream of WWDC? http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

That's probably crap. There's a "your ad here" thing that keeps popping up, but when you go to the specified website you get 404 error that's all in Chinese. The root website is also all in Chinese and seems to be a company that sells projectors...
I would avoid that if you want to be spoiler free.

Broph
Jun 10, 2013, 01:15 AM
How long does it typically take for the stream to go up after the actual keynote? We talking 10-12 hours? Or only about 1-2?

Tankmaze
Jun 10, 2013, 01:22 AM
10 hours from WWDC!! woohoo, sure you guys want to get the spoiler free video stream. me ? I just can't wait, will be reading liveblogs from dozen of sites :p

NiVanc
Jun 10, 2013, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know if Voidness will update his keynote checker? That's really the best way for a spoiler-free experience.

kingdomkids
Jun 10, 2013, 01:53 AM
would love to see it.

lmddawson
Jun 10, 2013, 02:00 AM
According to this keynote checker, the videos already up.

http://www.lasseman.se/apple-events/ :D

How soon does the keynote go live? Really hope this thread is strictly guarded, if someone posts spoilers I swear to god.

emjeycgn
Jun 10, 2013, 02:13 AM

No streaming available the event starts at 6pm UK time but the video will be posted on apple's site around midnight.
The WWDC iPhone app streaming will only work if you have a developer account.

----------

How long does it typically take for the stream to go up after the actual keynote? We talking 10-12 hours? Or only about 1-2?

In my experience it was on average 3-4 hours after the keynote finishes

ekrueger24
Jun 10, 2013, 02:17 AM
Looking forward to the keynote. I try to be spoiler free each event Apple holds. Already have the spoiler-free page set at a temporary homepage just in case I open a new window.

Since I am in Hong Kong, it would be simple to avoid the spoilers as I would be sleeping until around the time it ends. Then it's just a matter of avoiding Facebook, which should be quite simple.

I fully intend to watch the keynote once it is posted while grading my students' final exams.

StellarSoul
Jun 10, 2013, 02:47 AM
So no word of a live stream yet huh? Guess it must not be happening. Surely they'd have announced it by now with only nine hours to go until the keynote.

nikaru
Jun 10, 2013, 03:33 AM
For me, this thread is pointless. Even if I avoide MacRumors, 90% of the pages that I visit on the internet plus my facebooks news feed will spoil me everything. Nah, I better get out off here, cya guys!

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 04:04 AM
Ok, I'm going to make a go at this no spoiler thing. We need to be strong and stick together on this! :p

dankedieter
Jun 10, 2013, 04:12 AM
Ok, I'm going to make a go at this no spoiler thing. We need to be strong and stick together on this! :p

Let's do it. It's been a super long time since I did it.

Jonathan2
Jun 10, 2013, 04:17 AM
I've had my MacBook Pro for about six months, it started flickering. Took it to the Genius Bar but it looks like my AppleCares not good enough. I think I have to take them to court.
This is what it looks like, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOx8BgT_7Q&feature=share&list=PLiiASQax4JifDniTm RUO6OfhoNtX70cZR in this link
I think Apple knows it's going to be a recall on these computers for this flickering Ive been reading some other articles about it, that's where i got this video.

Edsel
Jun 10, 2013, 04:31 AM
NSA employees will probably see this event live streamed. They probably know already what new technologies Mr. Cook will reveal today and they probably know what he's having for breakfast this morning.

Watch out for those steamed prunes, Mr Cook. They look suspicious.

pmontanarella
Jun 10, 2013, 05:37 AM
According to this keynote checker, the videos already up.

http://www.lasseman.se/apple-events/ :D

How soon does the keynote go live? Really hope this thread is strictly guarded, if someone posts spoilers I swear to god.

I'm still hoping we get a live stream. It may well be that the keynote checker is picking up something that was added to the Apple Event page a few days ago for the live stream, which is why it says they've been added already... I don't know if this is possible but maybe there's still hope for a live stream...

Pietro

InTheUnion
Jun 10, 2013, 05:40 AM
So do you guys reckon we'll see Jony up on the stage this year?

After all, it would normally be Scott Forstall talking about iOS... :rolleyes:

MaxWall
Jun 10, 2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks

pmontanarella
Jun 10, 2013, 05:42 AM
There's a live stream!!! WWDC icon showed up on my Apple TV!! I'm so happy!!!

Probably there will be one on apple.com as well!

Pietro

Edit: MacRumors is also reporting on this on the homepage.

stridemat
Jun 10, 2013, 05:51 AM
There's a live stream!!! WWDC icon showed up on my Apple TV!! I'm so happy!!!

Probably there will be one on apple.com as well!

Pietro

Edit: MacRumors is also reporting on this on the homepage.

I can also confirm this, it's not a hoax. It's being streamed on the atv (as per the last event).

For those who want to remain spoiler free we will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Renzatic
Jun 10, 2013, 05:59 AM

Well, you could end up in a situation like me, where I have no other choice but to skip it. In about 40 minutes, I'm gonna be heading 30 miles down south to do a job, which means I'm gonna spend about 6 hours literally crawling around in an attic that's 4 foot at the highest point with about a 110 degrees Fahrenheit ambient temperature pulling tons of wire through super thick insulation.

I'm running on a little over an hour and a half of sleep, so that means by the time I get home (which'll be long after WWDC has come and gone), I'll likely be too tired to check out the news. I won't be able to join in on the fun and arguments until later on tonight at the earliest.

I feel kinda sorry for myself right now. :(

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 06:30 AM
I've had my MacBook Pro for about six months, it started flickering. Took it to the Genius Bar but it looks like my AppleCares not good enough. I think I have to take them to court.
This is what it looks like, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOx8BgT_7Q&feature=share&list=PLiiASQax4JifDniTm RUO6OfhoNtX70cZR in this link
I think Apple knows it's going to be a recall on these computers for this flickering Ive been reading some other articles about it, that's where i got this video.

Take it to another Apple store and try again. Sometimes those 'geniuses' aren't all they're made up to be.

robogobo
Jun 10, 2013, 07:11 AM
Looks like there will be a live stream via Apple TV
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/10/apple-to-stream-live-video-of-wwdc-2013-keynote-to-apple-tv/

Note: This does NOT render this thread obsolete. Unless the stream is available on devices other than Apple TV, the rules still apply. No Spoliers!

funman95
Jun 10, 2013, 07:16 AM
Attention all Spolier-free people the keynote will be streamed live at http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 07:25 AM
Awesome a live stream from Apple's site. Hopefully my connection can keep up! :rolleyes:

dankedieter
Jun 10, 2013, 07:30 AM
With that news, I guess this thread is kind of obsolete. Now we can all have our cake and eat it too. Yay for livestream!

Attention all Spolier-free people the keynote will be streamed live at http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

BMcCoy
Jun 10, 2013, 07:35 AM
With that news, I guess this thread is kind of obsolete. Now we can all have our cake and eat it too. Yay for livestream!

True, but I'll still avoid the macrumors site, as several items usually leak out in the few hours before the keynote...

gitkua
Jun 10, 2013, 07:35 AM
Why obsolete? I for one won't be able to check it live, and there must be others like me. Will the Keynote be available immediately after the live stream is finished? If not; this thread still has a purpose.

ablaze
Jun 10, 2013, 07:39 AM
I wonder if I can watch on Chrome on my PC using the User Agent Switcher extension.

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 07:48 AM
True, but I'll still avoid the macrumors site, as several items usually leak out in the few hours before the keynote...

No kidding. There is ALWAYS a leak in the hours right before the keynote it seems. MUST MAINTAIN ANTICIPATION. :D

philbeeney
Jun 10, 2013, 07:54 AM
I'm staying right here until the keynote is available for download, otherwise my work productivity takes a massive hit. :D

n00byn4t3r
Jun 10, 2013, 08:27 AM
I have to leave at the moment the stream starts, and I get home around when it ends... Perfect timing! :p

Hopefully the VOD will be up soon after the stream. Is anybody going to capture the stream and upload it somewhere in case Apple takes a long time?

lewismayell
Jun 10, 2013, 09:12 AM
No streaming available the event starts at 6pm UK time but the video will be posted on apple's site around midnight.
The WWDC iPhone app streaming will only work if you have a developer account.

----------

In my experience it was on average 3-4 hours after the keynote finishes

I have a free developer account, will this work?

shyam09
Jun 10, 2013, 09:20 AM
Why obsolete? I for one won't be able to check it live, and there must be others like me. Will the Keynote be available immediately after the live stream is finished? If not; this thread still has a purpose.

i believe it takes them a few hours to put it on iTunes or their site

dankedieter
Jun 10, 2013, 09:24 AM
I have a free developer account, will this work?

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll be streaming live here http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

lewismayell
Jun 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, it'll be streaming live here http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

For everyone?

Thanks btw

eagandale4114
Jun 10, 2013, 09:50 AM
For everyone?

Thanks btw

Macs with Snow Leopard and Safari 4, iOS devices with iOS 4.2 or higher and 2nd and third gen apple TVs.

dankedieter
Jun 10, 2013, 09:52 AM
Hope so, I'm over in Germany so I'm in the same boat as you. Damn them if they don't! Hope the intertubes don't explode from everyone streaming this though hehe.

For everyone?

Thanks btw

yaymath
Jun 10, 2013, 09:53 AM

Will it be streamed in HD?

Dragonlance1561
Jun 10, 2013, 10:20 AM

Like someone else said, take it to another store/the same one and talk to a different "genius"
rMBP's came out less than a year ago, and it sounds like you only bought it six months ago, so you are definitely still covered by even the 1 year warranty!

JP3G
Jun 10, 2013, 10:23 AM
The keynote checker from Voidness is good to go!

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 10, 2013, 10:49 AM
That's probably crap. There's a "your ad here" thing that keeps popping up, but when you go to the specified website you get 404 error that's all in Chinese. The root website is also all in Chinese and seems to be a company that sells projectors...
I would avoid that if you want to be spoiler free.

Ok thanks a lot, I have tried to be spoiler free for the last couple years but never could do it because I checked FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram. I am going to do it this year.

----------

The keynote checker from Voidness is good to go!

Thanks!

Gasu E.
Jun 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
Miami, 103-84.

They died and were actually in the afterlife.

He was actually his father.

It was Earth all along.

Kristin Shepard.

He was dead all along.

It was just a dream.

Rosebud=sled.

yaymath
Jun 10, 2013, 11:12 AM
Reading previous spoiler-free threads, the keynote should be available within an hour after its end.

Nebulance
Jun 10, 2013, 11:19 AM

same here -- I'm going to watch when I get home from work... I'd rather be in the dark until then, so I can click on a link and not know anything!

Plutonius
Jun 10, 2013, 11:22 AM
Everyone knows already what's going to happen.

1) People will complain about Tim Cook and state how they wish Steve Jobs was running the company.

2) People will complain about what was announced (tech / prices) and state how they are abandoning Apple.

3) The stock prices will drop today and recover the end of the week.

4) When product is actually released, people will buy it. Even those that complained.

The same things happens every year :D.

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
Less than 40 minutes!!

pmontanarella
Jun 10, 2013, 11:24 AM
Will it be streamed in HD?

On the Apple TV it is marked as HD, I am not aware in what quality it is streamed elsewhere through apple.com but it will likely be in HD. It might also depend on your internet speed.

Pietro

macoazm
Jun 10, 2013, 11:34 AM
I haven't read anyone commenting on this, but hey, don't you all think it will be the first we will Johnny Ive on stage on a Keynote?

Luciper
Jun 10, 2013, 11:38 AM
Ok, so the livestream is Safari/MacOSX/iOS-only, but what about afterwards? Will it be watchable on an old windows PC?

Nebulance
Jun 10, 2013, 11:39 AM
I haven't read anyone commenting on this, but hey, don't you all think it will be the first we will Johnny Ive on stage on a Keynote?

I was thinking it'd be Tim doing most of the talking, with Ive doing that video at the end.

BMcCoy
Jun 10, 2013, 11:42 AM
Good point, Luciper..

Safari or Apple TV. Doesn't mention Windows PCs at all... although there is a Quicktime linky button the page, and previous streamed events allowed PC streaming.

So is this Mac/iOS only this year??!!

EDIT - no, I think it's PC too... the page just changed, and now says "Available shortly. Please check back soon."

pmontanarella
Jun 10, 2013, 11:44 AM
Ok, so the livestream is Safari/MacOSX/iOS-only, but what about afterwards? Will it be watchable on an old windows PC?

It's pretty much always been like this, for the few times Apple allowed streaming it was to Apple devices only. On the other hand the post-keynote videos go up as podcasts on iTunes and can be downloaded everywhere, even to Windows computers.

Pietro

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 AM
15 minutes! I expect macrumors forums to slow to a crawl from a million mac fans hitting reload simultaneously every 5 seconds.

Voidness
Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm usually a very calm and reserved person, but I can't help but be "OMG OMG OMG OMG" for this WWDC, and I'm really glad they're streaming it live!

They keynote is about to start. Have fun everyone! :)

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 11:48 AM
Live feed is live!!

BMcCoy
Jun 10, 2013, 11:48 AM
the stream has started.. showing some behind the scenes stuff..

robogobo
Jun 10, 2013, 11:53 AM
OK, remember everyone can't watch the live stream, but may still want to stay spoiler free. So just for fun, let's keep it clean here. No Spoilers!

Edit: not to mention the very real possibility that the stream will freeze.

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 10, 2013, 12:00 PM
3 Minutes!

----------

2 Minutes!

----------

1 Minute!

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 10, 2013, 12:01 PM
Turned off email on my iPhone - as a registered developer Apple has sometimes spoiled me by sending me emails about new SDKs and whatnot.

I've also cut myself from news as best as I can... Now I just hope no one spoils me when I go to pick up food to eat while I watch the recording of WWDC.

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 10, 2013, 12:02 PM
0 Minutes!

Luciper
Jun 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
It's pretty much always been like this, for the few times Apple allowed streaming it was to Apple devices only. On the other hand the post-keynote videos go up as podcasts on iTunes and can be downloaded everywhere, even to Windows computers.

Pietro

Thank you, I'll try to stay spoiler-free then...

AppleDeviceUser
Jun 10, 2013, 12:04 PM
Times up, the keynote has started!

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 12:41 PM
live stream isn't loading for me. :(

Oh well, watching live tweeting over at macworld.

minimal
Jun 10, 2013, 12:55 PM
live stream isn't loading for me. :(

Oh well, watching live tweeting over at macworld.

Try with Safari..

brendanspah764
Jun 10, 2013, 12:58 PM
Of course, one of the days that I actually could have seen it live... I sleep in and miss about an hour. Well, it looks like I am gonna try and last until 9:30 tonight.

arcite
Jun 10, 2013, 01:20 PM
The stream isn't loading in safari. Whatever, I'm getting the macworld feed, will download the keynote later in itunes. Enjoy! It's still awesome! :cool:

Jodles
Jun 10, 2013, 01:22 PM
I just got home.. Can you start the livestream from the beginning? Or is it locked to streaming live? Too scared to look!:D

robogobo
Jun 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
I just got home.. Can you start the livestream from the beginning? Or is it locked to streaming live? Too scared to look!:D

I don't think you can. I can't start watching for another hour so I'll just wait and hope the video is up right away.

Jodles
Jun 10, 2013, 01:32 PM
I don't think you can. I can't start watching for another hour so I'll just wait and hope the video is up right away.

Ah, cool. I'll wait too then!

lordninja
Jun 10, 2013, 01:59 PM
Can you guys see the live stream? I seem to have problems with it. :(

hypotc
Jun 10, 2013, 02:03 PM
Is it finished yet?

I want to watch too!

robogobo
Jun 10, 2013, 02:03 PM
Can you guys see the live stream? I seem to have problems with it. :(

I saw it before the keynote started, but then paused it right away so I could start it again later after my kids go to bed (I'm GMT +1). But it wouldn't start back up again after 10 minutes. So I think I'll just have to wait.

spillproof
Jun 10, 2013, 02:05 PM
According to where the Keynote will be (http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/) it says "Available shortly. Please check back soon."

EDIT:
DO NOT SCROLL DOWN ON THE ABOVE WEBSITE!! APPLE HAS PICTURES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF EVERYTHING ANNOUNCED LISTED BELOW THE VIDEO BOX

**ON iOS DEVICES -- LOAD IN LANDSCAPE MODE**

robogobo
Jun 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
Is it finished yet?

I want to watch too!

I think it's finished, but the video isn't up yet. I just did a squinted half looking refresh of the page and saw a white screen with "available shortly". I wonder if the keynote checker is working.

----------

http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

yes, it's primed but nothing yet.

minimal
Jun 10, 2013, 02:08 PM
According to where the Keynote will be (http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/) it says "Available shortly. Please check back soon."

Watch out the spoilers at the bottom of the page :eek:

colossus928
Jun 10, 2013, 02:09 PM
Keynote done, great ;) .
thank you apple for the live, even if the connection was crappy (some breaks during the show :/).

for the others who do not saw the keynote yet : enjoy !

edit : when the video will be online :D .

RealSkyDiver
Jun 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
I wonder why apple is always deliberately stupid by holding the keynote back for a few hours which is completely unnecessary.....

spillproof
Jun 10, 2013, 02:35 PM
IT'S UP!!! http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN ON THE ABOVE WEBSITE!! APPLE HAS PICTURES AND DESCRIPTIONS OF EVERYTHING ANNOUNCED LISTED BELOW THE VIDEO BOX

**ON iOS DEVICES AND TALL DISPLAYS: LOAD IN LANDSCAPE MODE**

RealSkyDiver
Jun 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
IT'S UP!!! http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

**ON iOS DEVICES AND TALL DISPLAYS: LOAD IN LANDSCAPE MODE**

Only work in Safari.

lmddawson
Jun 10, 2013, 02:51 PM
Was watching the live stream rewinded and as Cook came on stage to present iOS, playback stopped, I refreshed, and looks like the live stream has been replaced with the encoded keynote.

I think it's available to watch now on iPhone :)

(load on landscape and hit play)
http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/

RealSkyDiver
Jun 10, 2013, 03:16 PM
And it's mono only -.- Why is apple always so technically challenged with these kind of things.

Casiotone
Jun 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
Anyone has a direct link to a Quicktime movie?

My old CD2 Mac mini struggles to play Apple's HTML5 videos full screen (even though it can play 720P videos just fine in QT player).

Edit : Dug the urls myself from the source code.

/*snowLeopard url*/
var slURL = "http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/13oygadvoyibawefpiuawefpiuawdf6/sl_vod_mvp.m3u8";

/* non-snowLeopard url*/
var nonSlURL = 'http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/13oygadvoyibawefpiuawefpiuawdf6/1306pijbesfgvijbefg_350_vod_ref.mov';

/*Windows url*/
var windowsURL = 'http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/13oygadvoyibawefpiuawefpiuawdf6/1306pijbesfgvijbefg_350_vod_ref.mov';

/*iphone url */
var iphoneURL = "http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/13oygadvoyibawefpiuawefpiuawdf6/1306pijbesfgvijbefg_iphone_vod_ref.mov";

/*ipad url*/
var ipadURL = "http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/13oygadvoyibawefpiuawefpiuawdf6/1306pijbesfgvijbefg_ipad_vod_ref.mov";

/*voip*/
var voiceOver = "http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/13oygadvoyibawefpiuawefpiuawdf6/1306pijbesfgvijbefg_audio_vod_ref.mov";

Tea-Aholic
Jun 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
Is there anyway to download this video as a mov? I prefer downloading this on campus Wi-Fi instead on streaming it on my home network.

Warbitrary
Jun 10, 2013, 06:48 PM
Anyone know if the 1080p podcast (or smaller resolutions) is available yet?

Is there anyway to download this video as a mov? I prefer downloading this on campus Wi-Fi instead on streaming it on my home network.

If you download the podcast it is saved on your computer.

Tea-Aholic
Jun 10, 2013, 06:55 PM

There is no podcast available yet LOL

aznkid25
Jun 11, 2013, 02:03 AM
For people who haven't seen yet, here's a direct download link. No spoilers (1.33gb):
http://itstreaming.apple.com/podcasts/apple_keynotes/wwdc2013_ipod.m4v

robogobo
Jun 11, 2013, 04:10 AM
well, congratulations everyone. This has been a model spoiler free WWDC thread. Not a single one. Way to go!

eagandale4114
Jun 11, 2013, 12:03 PM
Anyone know if the 1080p podcast (or smaller resolutions) is available yet?

There is no podcast available yet LOL

Podcast is up.

6.6 GBs for the 1080p version. :eek::eek:

dankedieter
Jun 12, 2013, 03:50 AM
For everyone?

Thanks btw
Did it end up working out for you? I was happy it did for me here in Germany! Watched the whole thing on my ipad with mostly good video quality.

lewismayell
Jun 12, 2013, 04:53 AM
Did it end up working out for you? I was happy it did for me here in Germany! Watched the whole thing on my ipad with mostly good video quality.

On my MacBook yeah, I watched it on Safari, it kept stopping though

Klae17
Jun 16, 2013, 12:43 AM
Well, you could end up in a situation like me, where I have no other choice but to skip it. In about 40 minutes, I'm gonna be heading 30 miles down south to do a job, which means I'm gonna spend about 6 hours literally crawling around in an attic that's 4 foot at the highest point with about a 110 degrees Fahrenheit ambient temperature pulling tons of wire through super thick insulation.

I'm running on a little over an hour and a half of sleep, so that means by the time I get home (which'll be long after WWDC has come and gone), I'll likely be too tired to check out the news. I won't be able to join in on the fun and arguments until later on tonight at the earliest.

I feel kinda sorry for myself right now. :(

Have you been able to see it yet???

Renzatic
Jun 16, 2013, 12:58 AM
Have you been able to see it yet???

Ha! Yeah, sorta. I dug through all the recaps later on that day. I thought it was one of the best WWDCs in a good while.