PDA

View Full Version : Age of the Empires 3

Monsanto-Man
Nov 2, 2005, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know when Age of the Empires 3 will be available for OS X??? Thanks.

Aarow
Nov 2, 2005, 08:44 PM
That would be pretty sweet if/when they make a port. Age of Empires II was awesome!

jamdr
Nov 2, 2005, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately, it will likely never be ported to the Mac because it uses the havoc physics engine (which isn't available on the Mac).

blueflame
Nov 2, 2005, 10:27 PM
its probably my most missed game
on the mac
andreas

pknz
Nov 3, 2005, 12:12 AM
What he said, Havoc engine not going to happen.

Empire Earth is not AOEIII

Studawg7
Nov 3, 2005, 12:35 AM
but both Empire Earth and AoE are SWEEEEEET games

i lost many hours with both franchises

Monsanto-Man
Nov 3, 2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info, leave it to Microcrash to incorporate the havoc physics engine...

cantthinkofone
Nov 3, 2005, 09:25 PM
i played the demo of AOE III when i had my windows comp still around a few weeks ago, and i must say it wasn't that great. Yea it looked dam good, but it just wasn't fun. Id take AOE II over III any day. Just my opinion.

Monsanto-Man
Nov 3, 2005, 10:02 PM
The graphics look stunnning indeed. What specifically is lacking in AE III. Thanks.

cantthinkofone
Nov 6, 2005, 09:06 PM
i had the demo, and one thing i noticed right off was the mouse scrolling was VERY jumpy. You had to throw your mouse on the edge of the screen to move it. I dont really know how to explain it but it just wasn't that fun. I didn't get the feeling that i had a huge army and or navy and could destroy any thing in my path.

The demo maps went very big, and the home city idea is good, but i dont really like it. The icons for buildings, and units are kinda confusing. What i thought i was training didn't come out what i thought it would be, and didn't seem very powerful. A devision of archers in AOE II was the best offense i know of, but a devision of musketeers didn't seem that powerful.

I think its out now isn't it? If so it should be out for macs soon, will have to play the final release demo to see if i like it better. I think its personal opinion for this one.