Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikePembo951

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2013
UK
Hi,
Most likely new macbook airs will be announced tomorrow and i'm going to buy one.
If they say (in the presentation) you can buy them 'today' does that mean I can go in store and just pick one up?
I'm also eligible for a further education discount on the apple online store so can I get that same discount instore? (UK)
If so what kind of id/proof of education should I take?

If the 'back to school' offer starts tomorrow like last year, (assuming it is some sort of gift card), can I get the back to school offer/gift card instore aswell or do I have to buy online?

Thanks,
Mike

Ak95

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
I'm in exactly the same position as you. Intersted to see the replies.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
When I went to buy my MBP in store in 2010 I brought my Uni student card and got the discount. Just mention you're a student and show them you studs end card as that's what I did.

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
When I went to buy my MBP in store in 2010 I brought my Uni student card and got the discount. Just mention you're a student and show them you studs end card as that's what I did.

But it's better if you buy online - you get 3 years of Applecare if you do that.

mopatops

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
UK
Buying online with the higher education discount includes 3 years complimentary AppleCare.

MikePembo951

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2013
UK
hi,
thanks for all replies but this is for sixth form/college (further education) not higher (uni). (also in UK)
Currently going in to my second year of sixth form.

Anyone know if I can get the further education discount instore then?

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
hi,
thanks for all replies but this is for sixth form/college (further education) not higher (uni). (also in UK)

Just show them your college card or whatever you have. Something tha confirms to them you're a student.

----------

But it's better if you buy online - you get 3 years of Applecare if you do that.

I was impatient back then and wanted one asap. It's been 3 years since I've bought it and I've had no problems anyways.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
hi,

Yes, just take in your student card, or a letter or something to prove you go to that sixth form. They will then give you the standard education discount in store, as normal. You do NOT need to order online to get the discount.

Apple used to do an extended 5 year Applecare for education, but they no longer do this :(

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
Yes, just take in your student card, or a letter or something to prove you go to that sixth form. They will then give you the standard education discount in store, as normal. You do NOT need to order online to get the discount.

Apple used to do an extended 5 year Applecare for education, but they no longer do this :(

They still do 3 years in the UK, where did they do 5? But you only get the free 3 year if you order online, not in store.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
They still do 3 years in the UK, where did they do 5? But you only get the free 3 year if you order online, not in store.

They used to do 5 a couple of years ago - have some at work (I work in the education sector) that we purchased in 2010 and have AppleCare until 2015. I don't think it was for individuals though - more for when establishments order.

How do you get the free 3 year AppleCare online? Last time I ordered I had to buy the 3 year AppleCare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.