PDA

View Full Version : What if iOS 7 is a major disappointment features wise?

DBZmusicboy01
Jun 9, 2013, 04:08 PM
The new UI will be amazing I bet but what if there isn't any special features ? The whole fully integrating Facebook and other apps sounds too privacy destroying junk.....

What they need to do is make iOS 7 computer free so we can download songs without sync messing up the data if we needed to do some iTunes connection... Connecting the iPhone to the computer is a disaster because if we wanted to add personal videos or music from our computers to the iPhone
It won't work correctly
The whole iTunes library thing is ridiculously flawed.

sjinsjca
Jun 9, 2013, 04:14 PM
Then we'll see lots of useless threads like this one.

Shrink
Jun 9, 2013, 04:16 PM
What IF iOS 7 is a major disappointment FEATURES wise?

Everybody kills themselves...suicide wise.:rolleyes:

;)

chrf097
Jun 9, 2013, 04:19 PM
The new UI will be amazing I bet but what if there isn't any special features ? The whole fully integrating Facebook and other apps sounds too privacy destroying junk.....

What they need to do is make iOS 7 computer free so we can download songs without sync messing up the data if we needed to do some iTunes connection... Connecting the iPhone to the computer is a disaster because if we wanted to add personal videos or music from our computers to the iPhone
It won't work correctly
The whole iTunes library thing is ridiculously flawed.

They already got rid of the need for a PC with iOS 5 and iCloud.

AHDuke99
Jun 9, 2013, 04:35 PM
AAPL's stock will sell off again

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 04:57 PM
What if all these "what ifs" are just inane speculation? :D

Jare
Jun 9, 2013, 05:00 PM
What if all these "what ifs" are just inane speculation? :D

What if all these what ifs are just what ifs about what ifs?

AHDuke99
Jun 9, 2013, 05:01 PM
At any rate, I am sure we will all be disappointed with it. We always are following a keynote. I can't remember a year when we weren't! :P

I guess I was happy after iOS 4 though when multitasking was finally added.

charlituna
Jun 9, 2013, 05:53 PM
At any rate, I am sure we will all be disappointed with it. We always are following a keynote. I can't remember a year when we weren't! :P

If by "We" you mean all the geeks that basically want iOS 7 to be a combination of Android and every jailbreak tweak that has ever been thought up, yeah basically it will be crap

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 05:58 PM
If by "We" you mean all the geeks that basically want iOS 7 to be a combination of Android and every jailbreak tweak that has ever been thought up, yeah basically it will be crap

iOS is 100x better than Android *now*, so it's hardly going to be "disappointing".

Apple: "Use what is essential, make it look and feel amazing, hide/trash ANYTHING that isn't required"

Google: "Ah, just throw it ALL in! :p "

jonnyb098
Jun 9, 2013, 06:01 PM
What if everyone shuts the F up and waits another few hours?!?!?!?! WHAT THEN HUH? :)

TheRealPorkchop
Jun 9, 2013, 06:04 PM
You can bet the farm it's gonna be a disappointment just as 6 was. Won't be no real change and flattening icons is stupid.

thehustleman
Jun 9, 2013, 06:05 PM
Then Android will get even further ahead

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 06:06 PM
What if everyone shuts the F up and waits another few hours?!?!?!?! WHAT THEN HUH? :)

"Buttt butt butttttt..."

Exactly. What if a fly lands in your coffee? Biggio Dealio.

Shrink
Jun 9, 2013, 06:08 PM
"Buttt butt butttttt..."

Exactly. What if a fly lands in your coffee? Biggio Dealio.

Wait...a fly in MY coffee...that's a serious problem. Don't kid about that!:eek:

:p

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 06:11 PM
Wait...a fly in MY coffee...that's a serious problem. Don't kid about that!:eek:

:p

Chuck it down the sink and re-grind 'em :p

\-V-/
Jun 9, 2013, 06:13 PM
Chuck it down the sink and re-grind 'em :p
Just threw up in my mouth a little. :(

charlituna
Jun 9, 2013, 06:16 PM
iOS is 100x better than Android *now*, so it's hardly going to be "disappointing".

Apple: "Use what is essential, make it look and feel amazing, hide/trash ANYTHING that isn't required"

Google: "Ah, just throw it ALL in! :p "

I know that, and you know that. But it doesn't stop packs of the rest from complaining because they can't do this or that like they can in Android

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 06:16 PM
Just threw up in my mouth a little. :(

All you got to do is grind some beans, throw em in the cafetiere and wait...

erawsd
Jun 9, 2013, 06:20 PM
I hope that there aren't any new "special features". I'd be much happier if they simply took a step back and just focused on dramatically improving everything we already have vs throwing in more superflous beta ware (Siri+maps+passbook).

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 06:21 PM
I hope that there aren't any new "special features". I'd be much happier if they simply took a step back and just focused on dramatically improving everything we already have vs throwing in more superflous beta ware (Siri+maps+passbook).

That's called bug fixing - this is called a new OS - come on! Where's ya sense of excitement?! :D

AHDuke99
Jun 9, 2013, 06:25 PM

Well yes, that's what we always expect and then everyone is disappointed.

I will be disappointed if the stock apps aren't updated with more than UI changes. They literally haven't changed in 6 years. That's ridiculous when you think about it.

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 06:26 PM
Well yes, that's what we always expect and then everyone is disappointed.

I will be disappointed if the stock apps aren't updated with more than UI changes. They literally haven't changed in 6 years. That's ridiculous when you think about it.

What, more ridiculous than pre-emptively complaining about something that hasn't yet come to pass?

AHDuke99
Jun 9, 2013, 06:29 PM
What, more ridiculous than pre-emptively complaining about something that hasn't yet come to pass?

Oh, I'm not complaining. I am excited and a bit nervous about what's coming tomorrow, but I am hopeful.

xcodeaddict
Jun 9, 2013, 06:29 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining. I am excited and a bit nervous about what's coming tomorrow, but I am hopeful.

That's the spirit! :)

dsa1971
Jun 9, 2013, 07:56 PM
If iOS 7 disappoints I'm going back to http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/10/tavu4e6u.jpg

portishead
Jun 9, 2013, 09:36 PM
baby steps towards improvement is all I ask. They don't need to make a perfect OS. Since that means something different to everyone anyway.

munakib
Jun 9, 2013, 09:38 PM
If iOS 7 disappoints I'm going back to Image (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/10/tavu4e6u.jpg)

Was mesmerized by my dads startec back in the day...soo damn cool for that time. Thanx for reminding me the good old easy days!

kvaughan
Jun 9, 2013, 10:42 PM
If iOS 7 disappoints I'm going back to Image (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/10/tavu4e6u.jpg)

Unfortunately they are not compliant with E911 or I would too... :(

Personally, I've already made the decision to switch to Android. Depending on what iOS 7 brings will mean the difference between waiting out my contract or buying a phone full price.

TheRealPorkchop
Jun 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
Well, cool features but looks like Mickey Mouse designed the icons and UI.

Least I didn't get disappointed.