PDA

View Full Version : iMessage audio?

iBreatheApple
Jun 9, 2013, 07:54 PM
Would anyone else like to see some type of voice clip feature built right in to iMessage? I for one would love it. It's much more beneficial than a phone call in that you respond at your convenience. Somewhat similar to those apps that got pretty popular two or so years ago (forget the various) names.

Slix
Jun 9, 2013, 08:41 PM
FaceTime, go to the Home screen. The functionality is already there in that way.

KieranDotW
Jun 9, 2013, 08:47 PM
Open Voice Memos
Record audio clip
Select your recording from the list
Tap share
Tap Message

Bonestle
Jun 9, 2013, 09:25 PM
I think the OP is referring to apps like HeyTell where you simply held a button down and spoke, this was then sent immediately to the recipient. I understand that it's possible to share voice memos but its hardly convenient. HeyTell was very user friendly, building a similar feature directly into iMessage (Messages) would definetely get my vote.

The.316
Jun 9, 2013, 09:42 PM
I think the OP is referring to apps like HeyTell where you simply held a button down and spoke, this was then sent immediately to the recipient. I understand that it's possible to share voice memos but its hardly convenient. HeyTell was very user friendly, building a similar feature directly into iMessage (Messages) would definetely get my vote.

HeyTell...AWESOME app!

Jare
Jun 10, 2013, 01:33 AM
Open Voice Memos
Record audio clip
Tap share
Tap Message

This hit the nail on the head.

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 03:32 AM
FaceTime, go to the Home screen. The functionality is already there in that way.

"It's much more beneficial than a phone call in that you respond at your convenience."

Open Voice Memos
Record audio clip
Tap share
Tap Message

I actually do this already, but that's not as convenient. Having something right there on the keyboard with slightly higher audio quality directly in a message would be awesome.

Tap button and speak.
Send.

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 03:14 PM
Well... Facetime audio isn't really what I wanted. :/ Maybe next year.

zorinlynx
Jun 12, 2013, 01:27 PM
Facebook Chat can do this.

I sometimes use it when I'm driving since I can send people voice messages without having to take my eyes off the road.