PDA

View Full Version : What iOS 7 looks like

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 9, 2013, 11:48 PM
Here. http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/09/what-ios7-looks-like/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29

ionjohn
Jun 9, 2013, 11:54 PM
that sucks don't it?

aheying7
Jun 9, 2013, 11:55 PM
that sucks don't it?

How does it suck? He confirmed the UI changed. Just because he didnt type every change doesn't mean it won't be there tomorrow.

ionjohn
Jun 9, 2013, 11:57 PM
How does it suck? He confirmed the UI changed. Just because he didnt type every change doesn't mean it won't be there tomorrow.

i meant the new icon style

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 PM
Icons.

ionjohn
Jun 9, 2013, 11:59 PM
I don't like them :(

Telp
Jun 10, 2013, 12:00 AM
I agree. I'm not sure about the icons but I will hold out judgement until tomorrow. Still super excited and can't wait !! I don't like how some are round and some are square. If they are going to be adding white space around the round ones to make it square, I don't see that looking very good...

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 12:02 AM
I agree. I'm not sure about the icons but I will hold out judgement until tomorrow. Still super excited and can't wait !!

Exactly, we need to wait for the real announcement

dago
Jun 10, 2013, 12:13 AM
The positive thing is that Apple could have defined a new scalable format for storing vector graphics and freeing developers from providing multiple PNGs for icons and prerendered bitmaps.

cmChimera
Jun 10, 2013, 12:19 AM
Looks great if true.

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 10, 2013, 12:26 AM
More

TennisandMusic
Jun 10, 2013, 12:30 AM
Those are mockups, and no way would they look that bad.

Tar Sniffer
Jun 10, 2013, 12:31 AM
That is ****ing hideous.

Saladinos
Jun 10, 2013, 12:32 AM
Urgh... No thanks.

brock2621
Jun 10, 2013, 12:33 AM
I'm a little disappointed in the look. A tad cartoony...

I mean, I could definitely get used to them, but was hoping for something that was going to wow me as an initial gut reaction...

DenisAuermann
Jun 10, 2013, 12:34 AM

dictoresno
Jun 10, 2013, 12:38 AM
the dots used for signal strength and the photos/game center icons look totally stupid. i really hope the dots dont make it. it looks like the UI is going backwards not forward.

rahulsingla
Jun 10, 2013, 12:40 AM
iOS 7 wll have flat designs and in settings menu there is new edit button on the top right corner which customize the items in settings menu according to image leaked of iOS 7 by techkiddy

dictoresno
Jun 10, 2013, 12:43 AM
iOS 7 wll have flat designs and in settings menu there is new edit button on the top right corner which customize the items in settings menu according to image leaked of iOS 7 by techkiddy

as i stated to you in your other thread, those pics were already posted here the other day. its nothing "new" since we have already seen them before.

Tar Sniffer
Jun 10, 2013, 12:44 AM
What exactly does the GameCentre icon represent? I'm guessing that the Photo App is suppose to look like a sunflower, but it appears more like the NBC logo...

I hope 9to5mac got some bad info, because if this is what Apple is announcing tomorrow than iOS 7 could go down in tech history as one of the worst designs ever...

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
it has to be wrong, it has to, apple is so good in design, that's something we'd see on android phones, not iphones haha

hellomoto4
Jun 10, 2013, 12:55 AM
Ugh, you nay-sayers are joking, right?
This is nothing more than a mockup comparable to an artist's sketch of a criminal — it'll look so much better in real.
Remember when we saw mockups of the back of the iPhone 5 and it looked terrible? I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing now, and I'll bet it's the same when Apple shows iOS 7 tomorrow.

Spontida
Jun 10, 2013, 12:59 AM
EWWW I really hope they do not look like that.
These look like cheap clones.

WeegieMac
Jun 10, 2013, 01:05 AM
I don't like them :(

They're mock ups of what he saw. Read the article.

Tankmaze
Jun 10, 2013, 01:14 AM
I don't know, this mockup seems all over the place.
itunes and camera icons has gradient in the background, while the game center and photos only have plain white background... that's look stupid imo.

this is really ugly. but I hope the iOS 7 redesign isn't as bad as this mockup.

Edit : seth has access to the early beta, but can only describe the icons. ugh... I really hope the design would look better than this

AHDuke99
Jun 10, 2013, 01:15 AM
The whining has started already! I'm sure tomorrow will be unbearable here. :P

djtech42
Jun 10, 2013, 01:20 AM
I don't care if this is a mockup. There are some very bad design decisions in this regardless of how it looks. I'm going to say fake on this, but if this turns out to be true, I hope they make BIG changes by the time it is officially released.

Actually, if this is the real deal, it will be a complete disaster for Apple. I can't see how anybody would like this.

Lets see, how can we make iOS, a pretty good looking user-friendly operating system with some outdated design paradigms, look ugly, less user-friendly, and still have outdated design paradigms? You get this...thing.

Che Castro
Jun 10, 2013, 01:22 AM
I don't care about icons and flat design

All I want is features like bitesms, NCSETTINGS , intelliscreenx

Jare
Jun 10, 2013, 01:28 AM
I don't care about icons and flat design

All I want is features like bitesms, NCSETTINGS , intelliscreenx

Those aren't features, they're apps created by independent developers.

Che Castro
Jun 10, 2013, 01:32 AM

Jare go to bed

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 01:37 AM
Jare go to bed

no, you do.

JacinTatt
Jun 10, 2013, 02:00 AM
I can promise you right now that they will look nothing like that. Coming from a designer, I can say that no designer would make those and think they look good, especially not a team of designers led by Jony ****** Ive.

TheAppleGeek
Jun 10, 2013, 02:20 AM
I'm super late to the game, but I really like the simplified look. Let's just hope everything else is nice.

chembox
Jun 10, 2013, 02:21 AM
Here. http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/09/what-ios7-looks-like/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29
OP please be a good journalist and mention that those are mockups based on what someone who used the beta describes it as.

Peace
Jun 10, 2013, 02:25 AM
OP please be a good journalist and mention that those are mockups based on what someone who used the beta describes it as.

Actually it was a peak at an early seed of IOS 7. He didn't use it. Just got a quick glance at an early build. Things could be different now.

We will see tomorrow.

recklesslife85
Jun 10, 2013, 03:24 AM
Early beta if anything, apple would never go with those icons in that current state but they are only mock ups. Jony isn't stupid, he has an eye for design and that's not how he'd leave them. I bet we will see icons that are similar but much more professional. That Safari icon must be a bad joke.

MonkeySee....
Jun 10, 2013, 03:32 AM
the dots used for signal strength and the photos/game center icons look totally stupid. i really hope the dots dont make it. it looks like the UI is going backwards not forward.

Dots are going backwards? I used to have the current signal bars on my 3210!?

----------

Also those mock iOS aren't what are described at all? The iTunes icon apparently is now a sync icon so why has he mocked up the old one?

Not long to wait now anyway!

kramjam
Jun 10, 2013, 03:34 AM
Good thing its just a mockup.. hideous. 8 and a half hours until the big moment. No real good leaks or anything this time, so excited.

dictoresno
Jun 10, 2013, 03:43 AM
Dots are going backwards? I used to have the current signal bars on my 3210!?

----------

Also those mock iOS aren't what are described at all? The iTunes icon apparently is now a sync icon so why has he mocked up the old one?

Not long to wait now anyway!

i meant the whole UI in general doesnt look like much of a step forward. and the dots vs bars i think its a lame idea. nokia did something different with their signal bars on their Series 60/80 devices and it looked just as stupid. i preferred the older Series 40 setup. i ended up ditching Nokia after many years because of the look of Symbian.

i think bars will always look alot better than dots in a row.

TC03
Jun 10, 2013, 03:45 AM
What I don't understand, is that the trend doesn't merely seem to be flatter, it seems to be flatter and less detailed. The latter I don't think like. What I do like, is detailed textures. They look amazing on high PPI displays. Take a look at the current Safari icon on your retina iPad or iPhone and see what I mean. The rich design makes it feel 'alive'. I'm scared Apple will ditch that.

hamis92
Jun 10, 2013, 03:55 AM
What I don't understand, is that the trend doesn't merely seem to be flatter, it seems to be flatter and less detailed. The latter I don't think like. What I do like, is detailed textures. They look amazing on high PPI displays. Take a look at the current Safari icon on your retina iPad or iPhone and see what I mean. The rich design makes it feel 'alive'. I'm scared Apple will ditch that.

Feeling the same way… It is possible to be flat yet still have detail.

But I guess the best thing to do at this point is to just relax, wait and see.

Rogifan
Jun 10, 2013, 03:59 AM
So lets get this straight. 9to5Mac wasn't allowed to post any screen shots but Apple doesn't care if they do their own quick and dirty mockups in photoshop that may or may not reflect the final product?

My guess is similar to the iPhone 5 leaks we saw, until its presented (or people actually have it on their phone) they'll hate it and scream that it's a if fail and Jony Ive has no business doing UI etc. Seeing things piecemeal can give someone a completely different impression than seeing something all pulled together. But Gruber did say he was told it would be "polarizing" so my guess is you'll either love it or hate it. And my guess is the original knee jert reaction will be a lot of hate.

Technarchy
Jun 10, 2013, 04:01 AM
The whining has started already! I'm sure tomorrow will be unbearable here. :P

Your prediction is perfect.

Rogifan
Jun 10, 2013, 04:10 AM
Actually it was a peak at an early seed of IOS 7. He didn't use it. Just got a quick glance at an early build. Things could be different now.

We will see tomorrow.

My opinion of 9to5Mac has seriously gone down hill since they mocked icons up based on an early (and most likely not final) build and then decided to dump it on us the day of WWDC. Nothing like having people expect a big FAIL before the event starts. :rolleyes:

omenatarhuri
Jun 10, 2013, 04:16 AM
Not too great right now, but should be just about the best thing in the world in ten hours, once I've seen on video how Jony wraps his hands and head around the icon design. :p

monaarts
Jun 10, 2013, 04:25 AM
I bet this was a prototype to test the design of the icons. "When you want to view photos, does this icon pop out at you automatically... Naturally?" Apple must do a lot of beginning testing like that on things like icons, buttons, gestures, etc.

Vundu
Jun 10, 2013, 04:26 AM

He obviously meant he wants features like those apps.

Put your Internet police hat away.

mrmarts
Jun 10, 2013, 04:44 AM
I hope like every year existing iPhone owners will get a free update in the fall.

cobbyco
Jun 10, 2013, 04:52 AM
They all look inconsistent with each other. It's like 5 different people designed them.

And no way will the backdrop for any icons be a solid white. Possibley grey or with a gradient, but not solid white.

This is why it should say in the first post that these are MOCKUPS rather than actual icons.

----------

I hope like every year existing iPhone owners will get a free update in the fall.

Far fewer people would upgrade if it was paid. That's a mistake Apple made in the early days of the iPod touch.

definitive
Jun 10, 2013, 04:55 AM
that's just a poorly designed mockup, something that 9to5's front page is always filled with.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 05:43 AM
Icons.

Looks like Apple has spent too much time on photo shop.

Andy-V
Jun 10, 2013, 08:00 AM
This is nothing more than a mockup comparable to an artist's sketch of a criminal — it'll look so much better in real.

Hell, it's not even that. It's a mockup done by someone who clearly isn't an artist/graphic designer. Of course these icons look bad, they're below even an amateur level.

Use these mock-ups to get the basic idea of the colours and shapes, nothing more.

Jare
Jun 10, 2013, 08:25 AM
Kill it, quickly before it lays eggs!

audioteknika
Jun 10, 2013, 09:00 AM
Hell, it's not even that. It's a mockup done by someone who clearly isn't an artist/graphic designer. Of course these icons look bad, they're below even an amateur level.

Use these mock-ups to get the basic idea of the colours and shapes, nothing more.

9to5Mac said he was a Photoshop Guru.

No.

jclardy
Jun 10, 2013, 09:16 AM
Not sure how I feel about this. Game Center is a major improvement, for sure. The others...eh....the gradients are quite extreme.

The dots for signal in the first screen look ridiculously stupid because they are lined up next to text that takes up the full height. The minimalist look in the "white" screenshot look better.

Overall it is going to be an interesting announcement...

Telp
Jun 10, 2013, 02:37 PM
Welp...

At least everything else seems to be nice.

Ottoman1
Jun 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
They now have a male voice for Siri.

Now they just need male icons for OS7.

My wife will love it.

I think they need to put the palette back in the Paas Easter egg dying kit.

Download the screen shot here:

http://movies.apple.com/media/us/ios/ios7/f34c5445-5a9c-4b3a-9556-8efe89147559/shared_controlcenter/shared_controlcenter_keyframe.jpg

Save it to your photos on your iPhone and take a look. You may need to wear polarized sunglasses.

I like that they are bringing needed features and functionality to the phone but the icons look juvenile.

Ottoman1
Jun 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
(If this posts twice - sorry.)

I think the palette comes straight from a PAAS Easter egg dying kit.

They have a male voice on Siri now.

Now we will need male icons to go with it.

My wife will love it...

iPawd13
Jun 10, 2013, 03:32 PM
looks like aero glass a bit:confused:

seetheforest
Jun 10, 2013, 03:36 PM
That smiley perfectly sums up my feelings at the moment. W. T. F.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

WSR
Jun 10, 2013, 04:06 PM
Some of the icons looks like I could have done them on my Commodore 64 back in 1985. IOS 6 icons looked a lot better.