PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what famous people have Powerbooks...

Greenone
Nov 3, 2005, 01:47 AM
Just wondering (that other thread down below reminded me that I've been wondering this over the past week). Anyone know? Oh and - let's discount Steve Jobs please. That's a no-brainer!

Lacero
Nov 3, 2005, 01:47 AM
Lindsay Lohan uses a PB, as does Tom Cruise.

disconap
Nov 3, 2005, 01:50 AM
Kevin Smith. I think.

Greenone
Nov 3, 2005, 01:57 AM
Darn...so far no one who I'm crazy about. How about Meryl Streep or someone big (and oh so talented) like that! This is fun...keep 'em coming!

Demon Hunter
Nov 3, 2005, 02:18 AM
There's always me. :cool:

Greenone
Nov 3, 2005, 02:24 AM
Who's you? Mel Gibson? ;)

TEG
Nov 3, 2005, 02:25 AM
Michael and Denise Okuda (Star Trek Writers, and Graphic Artists)
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Many FBI, CIA, and NSA Field Agents
INTERPOL Agents
Paul Martin
Edgar Martinez
Drew Barrymore

TEG

nimboopaani
Nov 3, 2005, 02:42 AM
Rupert Murdoch. Check out the latest issue of Fortune.

Just wondering (that other thread down below reminded me that I've been wondering this over the past week). Anyone know? Oh and - let's discount Steve Jobs please. That's a no-brainer!

generik
Nov 3, 2005, 03:14 AM
I heard Al Gore is a mac person

rdowns
Nov 3, 2005, 03:53 AM

He invented them. :D

Deepdale
Nov 3, 2005, 04:23 AM
If Drew Barrymore may be a user, why not Tom Cruise? Although when he clicks on the blue apple, it says OS S ... operating system powered by Scientology.

macam
Nov 3, 2005, 04:45 AM
Jessica Simpson's husband Nick someone... has a 12" Powerbook.

The majority of Hollywood uses a Powerbook so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more that crawl out of the woodwork!

macam

jhero
Nov 3, 2005, 05:32 AM
He invented them. :D

LOL hahaha

Tamer Brad
Nov 3, 2005, 06:35 AM
Gackt C. does :)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/gekka_no_neko/22968.html

chaosbunny
Nov 3, 2005, 07:08 AM
Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) uses one.

yg17
Nov 3, 2005, 07:44 AM
You sure this isn't George Bush's laptop?
http://www.sunnytoys.com.au/Toy_Sales/VT61623.jpg

chaosbunny
Nov 3, 2005, 09:11 AM

Haha, but it seems a bit complicated with all theese colours... you sure he hasn't just one big red button?
:D

Greenone
Nov 3, 2005, 09:38 AM

BA HA HA HA HA! Good one! I thought for sure the Bush's would use PC laptops - I'm kind of disgusted to learn they put their dirty paws on pretty little Powerbooks!

Greenone
Nov 3, 2005, 09:39 AM
Haha, but it seems a bit complicated with all theese colours... you sure he hasn't just one big red button?

Oh god you guys are killing me - one big red button - hilarious!
:)

Demon Hunter
Nov 3, 2005, 11:32 PM
That is a pretty cute toy.

Deepdale
Nov 4, 2005, 03:32 AM
[QUOTE=yg17]You sure this isn't George Bush's laptop?/QUOTE]

It could be but once I saw it I thought it was more likely that it was specifically designed to meet the intellectual needs of Dan Quayle.

manzanaloca
Nov 5, 2005, 06:09 PM
I know these people have Apple laptops, not sure if they are Powerbooks though:

Mark Hoppus-Blink 182's bassist
Moby
Wil Wheaton
Tom Rowlands-Chemical Brothers

Check this article out, although it isn't necessarily about celebrities who use PB's, it does list a lot of them who shop for Apple products.

http://wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66580,00.html

Kimi
Nov 5, 2005, 06:22 PM
I know alot of guys in the music world use them. Robbie Williams has a room in his house in LA full or them. It's home recording studio with about 3 power macs in there and he was using a powerbook him self, it was on a show about his new album.

yenko
Nov 5, 2005, 06:24 PM
Doesn't he work for Steve?:D

Aarow
Nov 5, 2005, 06:26 PM
Hilary Duff has an ibook (don't ask me how I know).

Fender
Nov 5, 2005, 07:05 PM
Found this website. Pretty big list of celebrity Mac users.

http://applemuseum.bott.org/sections/users.html

d_and_n5000
Nov 5, 2005, 08:02 PM
Doesn't he work for Steve?:D

he's on the board of directors. therefore, if he doesn't use a powerbook, Steve will make him rot in hell for using a machine not from the company he helps run, plus not using a product of said company.:D

on a completely unrelated note, i looked at that website that listed all the mac users, and ive gotta say, "wow." DELL, of all companies, uses macs! c'mon, youd think that they would use the computers they design and build. this really depresses me, as i am forced to use a dell as i speak...

SummerBreeze
Nov 5, 2005, 08:14 PM
It's awesome that Mark Hoppus uses a PowerBook. Blink182 was my favorite band in high school, and I love Motion City Soundtrack's new cd (which he produced). He just got even cooler.

Arodweb
Nov 5, 2005, 10:00 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6274/billgatesapple1lq.jpg

generik
Nov 5, 2005, 10:00 PM
he's on the board of directors. therefore, if he doesn't use a powerbook, Steve will make him rot in hell for using a machine not from the company he helps run, plus not using a product of said company.:D

on a completely unrelated note, i looked at that website that listed all the mac users, and ive gotta say, "wow." DELL, of all companies, uses macs! c'mon, youd think that they would use the computers they design and build. this really depresses me, as i am forced to use a dell as i speak...

I doubt that site is true.. it even lists Microsoft, yeah right, like I believe all coding is done via VPC.

No f-king way.

Oryan
Nov 5, 2005, 10:10 PM
I doubt that site is true.. it even lists Microsoft, yeah right, like I believe all coding is done via VPC.

No f-king way.
The XBox 360 was demoed on macs, and I'm sure they have a few in their Mac software division.

macbaseball
Nov 5, 2005, 10:23 PM
Barry Bonds uses a Powerbook...

Fender
Nov 5, 2005, 11:06 PM

No f-king way.
How do you suppose they make VPC and Office for Mac? Where would they test the software if not on the Mac platform?

lem0n
Nov 5, 2005, 11:52 PM
Nicole Kidman used one in the interpreter....

homerjward
Nov 5, 2005, 11:56 PM
i think austin powers used a tibook in one of the movies.

Koodauw
Nov 6, 2005, 12:13 AM

Thats unfortunate. (for the powerbook)

mad jew
Nov 6, 2005, 12:14 AM
i think austin powers used a tibook in one of the movies.

He watches a monkey fall out of a tree in Goldmember. :cool:

SuperSnake2012
Nov 6, 2005, 12:19 AM
According to that site, Michael Jackson is a Mac user. :rolleyes:

jmufellow
Nov 6, 2005, 12:39 AM
How do you know?

Fender
Nov 6, 2005, 12:50 AM
Macintosh user or Macaulay Culkin user?

Deepdale
Nov 6, 2005, 01:02 AM

No doubt that it must be Apple's specially designed juiced-up version ... the only G5 processor in a portable with the maximum 4 GB of RAM running at 2.5 GHz. He said he wanted a sizzling lap and it looks like his wish was granted.

Deepdale
Nov 6, 2005, 01:07 AM

Jacko's PB to the world: Rescue me!

tristan
Nov 6, 2005, 01:07 AM
Catherine Bell (JAG) uses both a Powerbook and a PC. She's supposedly quite the geek.

MacNoobie
Nov 6, 2005, 01:12 AM

Miss Yummy owns an iBook?

.. Sorry thats my little nick name for Hillary Duff now :rolleyes:

myrmidonjosh
Nov 6, 2005, 04:32 AM
If memory serves me correctly, I do believe that I saw on MTV or VH1 somewhere that Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher have maxed out Powerbooks and iSights so they can keep in touch while Ashton's in LA punking people and Demi's in Idaho with her family.

Oh, the dreams of being so filthy rich! :)

kretzy
Nov 6, 2005, 07:26 AM

I think it looks more like the weapon of mass destruction he's been looking for :p

kretzy
Nov 6, 2005, 07:36 AM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6274/billgatesapple1lq.jpg

I feel sorry for the PB!!!!!

Deepdale
Nov 6, 2005, 07:46 AM
I feel sorry for the PB!!!!!

That's true, but I have a little sympathy left over for Bill. Taking a PB to bed with him finally made Melinda seek out her own bed. On the plus side, let us all be grateful he was not joined by Steve Ballmer in that photo. :)

sushi
Nov 6, 2005, 07:54 AM

No f-king way.
Many Microsoft employees have more than one computer on their desk such as a Mac running OS X and a PC running Windows.

Of course there is the MBU (Macintosh Business Unit) which produces wonderful software for the Mac such as Office and VPC.

And their ad section, which the last I knew was all Mac. (But that has been a few years ago so it may have changed.).

Sushi

MacRumorUser
Nov 6, 2005, 12:11 PM
Many Microsoft employees have more than one computer on their desk such as a Mac running OS X and a PC running Windows.

Of course there is the MBU (Macintosh Business Unit) which produces wonderful software for the Mac such as Office and VPC.

And their ad section, which the last I knew was all Mac. (But that has been a few years ago so it may have changed.).

Sushi

Not to mention the 6000 Powermac G5's they used for Xbox 360 development.
:)

yoda13
Nov 6, 2005, 12:32 PM
I believe that Shaquille O'Neal uses one as well.:)

decksnap
Nov 6, 2005, 03:17 PM
It's funny that John Kerry and George Bush both use Powerbooks. You'd think they'd be on different sides of the fence.

Deepdale
Nov 6, 2005, 03:41 PM
It's funny that John Kerry and George Bush both use Powerbooks. You'd think they'd be on different sides of the fence.

The major distinction between the two is that Kerry is likely adept at using it after the power has been turned on. Dubya can probably be heard saying, "Karl, what in the name of Texas should I do once the screen gets bright? And please do not tell me to have Dick Cheney come by ... even I am tired of looking at that constant sneer on his face."

paperinacup
Nov 6, 2005, 04:12 PM
Lil Bow Wow(12 iBook) .... and Rob Thomas' Road Crew (15 PB)

gregorydanger
Nov 6, 2005, 07:45 PM
Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)
Matthew Good (Canadian recording artist)

xy14
Nov 6, 2005, 08:42 PM
The major distinction between the two is that Kerry is likely adept at using it after the power has been turned on. Dubya can probably be heard saying, "Karl, what in the name of Texas should I do once the screen gets bright? And please do not tell me to have Dick Cheney come by ... even I am tired of looking at that constant sneer on his face."

George Bush's IQ is 126. Mine is 126. OMG! What is this world coming to?!

Anyways, HAHA, George is a dumbsh*t.

SeenAndNotSeen
Nov 6, 2005, 11:11 PM
All the members of Radiohead have Powerbooks.

Greenone
Nov 6, 2005, 11:57 PM
I know I've asked this someplace in here before but wouldn't you say more liberals use Macs and more conservatives use PC's?

kretzy
Nov 7, 2005, 01:32 AM
One of the kids (the one that does the lighting designs) in "School of Rock" has a Ti book.

sushi
Nov 7, 2005, 08:12 AM
I know I've asked this someplace in here before but wouldn't you say more liberals use Macs and more conservatives use PC's?
I think that it would be more correct to say that creative folks tend to use Macs. Now whether or not creative folks are more liberal than conservative is another issue.

I know both liberal and conservative creative folks.

However, now that the PC world has been inundated with virus, trojans, worms, spyware, etc., we may simply see a shift among some PC based companies.

Sushi

Sutekidane
Nov 7, 2005, 08:28 AM
Gackt C. does :)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/gekka_no_neko/22968.html

Hey, cool article! Thanks. :-)

Sammis89
Nov 11, 2005, 04:51 PM
John Mayer used a PowerBook when he worked with Kanye West, and Tony Hawk has either an iBook or a Powerbook.

yellow
Nov 11, 2005, 04:58 PM
I am all the famous Mac user you need to know..

intrepkid21
Nov 11, 2005, 06:21 PM
Jerry Seinfeld I think, right?

NewbieNerd
Nov 11, 2005, 07:22 PM
Check out Stevie Franchise on the powerbook...

Project
Nov 12, 2005, 03:14 AM
Nas' DJ LES, used a Powerbook at a recent show I went to. Not a celebrity to the masses, but well known and respected within the Hiphop community.

http://static.flickr.com/29/62379834_c57379e567.jpg?v=0

intrepkid21
Nov 12, 2005, 11:18 AM
Mini Me and Yao Ming =)

EricBrian
Nov 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
George Bush's IQ is 126.

No, xy, it isn't 126, it is 12.6. That is also the IQ of a mushroom.

;-)

Daedalus256
Nov 12, 2005, 04:07 PM
I always found it to be quite hilarious that the Xbox 360 running at last year's E3 wasn't an Xbox 360, but a couple of PowerMac G5's :D

Don't know about famous people, but I love watching TV and seeing a commercial where it cuts to some dude typing on a laptop and it's a powerbook :cool:

HiRez
Nov 12, 2005, 04:56 PM
I was working at Oracle Corp. the other day and was surprised to learn they have nearly 1,000 Macs and a Mac IT "staff" (which may be just one or two guys, I'm not sure). Oracle also just changed all three of their nonlinear edit bays from Avid to Final Cut Pro running on dual G5s with dual 23" ACDs, all linked to an Xserve RAID / XSAN configuration to share uncompressed media. Not sure if Larry himself has or uses a Mac, though being best friends with Steve, it wouldn't surprise me.

HiRez
Nov 12, 2005, 05:09 PM
Jerry Seinfeld I think, right?Jerry's apartment always had a Mac sitting on his desk (starting with a Mac Plus-style machine), but whether he uses one personally I don't know.

Frankly, I'd assume most stars/celebrities use Macs, because:

1. Macs are more stylish in general, and that's a part of the lifestyle.
2. Price is no barrier for these guys (although Macs stack up reasonably well nowadays, price-wise).
3. They generally run only basic applications (no need to run specialized Windoze-only apps), or media applications where Apple is strongest.
4. Many of them seem to be "fussy" people who want things to "just work" with a minimum of hassle. I'm generalizing here, but doesn't that seem reasonable?
5. Apple has a high-profile presence in Hollywood and among the New York media elite, therefore I submit that Apple's perceived market share is much higher there than overall. In other words, you would hardly feel like an outcast using a Mac in those circles as opposed to in an accounting office, for example.
6. Probably almost every star/celebrity out there has an iPod.

DJY
Nov 12, 2005, 05:43 PM
I am all the famous Mac user you need to know..

i was going to post something very similiar when I first saw this thread!

Mine was just going to say "Me!"

berkleeboy210
Nov 13, 2005, 03:07 PM
Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, and Ashlee Simpson all use PowerBooks. I saw once flicking the channels around and on Newlyweds Nick was setting up a home studio, and it looked like a G5 and a Cinema Display were going in there.

It's nice to have tons of money to spend like they do.