Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
I'm not actually sure where this goes, but anyway, yesterday, I started hiding my dock to give me more screen space, it's been so much better except for a little annoying line at the bottom which is the bottom of my wallpaper, why am I able to this? Does everyone get this? It's actually really bugging me

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 15.48.10.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 15.48.10.png
    342.8 KB · Views: 97

mumph

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
Its so when you want to access the dock the OS knows that is what you want. If your window went right to the bottom and you wanted to select something at the bottom your dock would keep popping up and piss you off more than the tiny slither of wallpaper (or 'Desktop' as its known in Appleland).

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I mean just for everyday things like safari when I have the bottom extended, fullscreen apps are quite a hassle for me, I don't know why, I can't get into the flow of them

LOL, i don't use fullscreen either, but... i don't use the dock either.
(i have it locked away with 'dock gone', for YEARS).

otherwise...a tiny line at the bottom of the screen isn't so bad. make your desktop picture the same color as your app, and you'll be fine... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.