PDA

View Full Version : The "I don't like iOS 7" thread

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 01:51 PM
How about a campaign for all those who hate this new OS? Do not update so Apple sort this.

Most people like these announcements now they have finished off Apple with this awful Windows and Android copy.

Please only reply if you are in the don't like it category.

Jarland
Jun 10, 2013, 01:52 PM
How about stop spamming and do whatever you want to do with your device.

Steve121178
How about a campaign for all those who hate this new OS? Do not update so Apple sort this.

So don't update. Who's forcing you to?

Michael Goff
This is pathetic.

This isn't like Windows Phone. It isn't like Android in any way except.. err... icons?

yegon
Jun 10, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'm actually quite impressed by everything except the fugly homescreen/icons.

Really surprised, looks like they actually added some serious functionality and the in app experience looks gorgeous. Currently jailbroken, thought I wouldn't go anywhere near this but now, I'm not so sure.

Michael Goff
Jun 10, 2013, 01:54 PM
Figured I'd put something up to prevent 50 different threads saying the same thing.

You're welcome.

rpe33
Jun 10, 2013, 01:55 PM

Most people like these announcements now they have finished off Apple with this awful Windows and Android copy.

Wow, you really are on a trolling binge, aren't you?

iwasbored3
So don't update. Who's forcing you to?

Stop trolling. Apple used to stand for something, even just a year ago. As a customer, this guy has an opinion, so how about you stop the succinct "Oh, don''t update, don't update then. If you hate it so much, why don't you marry it."

The FACT stands that this is the end of Apple as a pioneer of user interface design

rpe33
I think it looks great. Can't wait to update.

Michael Goff
Stop trolling. Apple used to stand for something, even just a year ago. As a customer, this guy has an opinion, so how about you stop the succinct "Oh, don''t update, don't update then. If you hate it so much, why don't you marry it."

The FACT stands that this is the end of Apple as a pioneer of user interface design

If anyone is trolling, it's the guy who is basically copying and pasting that Apple is dead.

dweezle3
Jun 10, 2013, 02:08 PM
Why or why not?

spacehog371
Jun 10, 2013, 02:10 PM
Yes.

This is the first truly 3D interface on a phone. Looks beautiful. No way to tell what it will feel like without using it, but I'm confident Apple got it right.

Nikos
Jun 10, 2013, 02:11 PM
It's exactly what I was hoping for.

erawsd
Jun 10, 2013, 02:13 PM
I think some parts of it are very nice (parallax wallpaper, tranparency, blur effects). I don't like the new icons+dock or all the "whiteness" of it.

JarredWagner
Jun 10, 2013, 02:14 PM
No, they went straight early 90's revival Lisa Frank Trapper on the design.

Fed
Jun 10, 2013, 02:14 PM
Nail. Head. Hit.

Loving it.

Smithwicks
Jun 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
They did an excellent job copying android.

rovex
Jun 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
Very good overall, some things needs investigating like the camera app and multitasking before any final judgement.

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 02:17 PM
I'm open minded about changes like this and I honestly think the colors look a bit too bright but that really isn't a problem for me and I think it's nice, can't wait to try it.

Blue Sun
Jun 10, 2013, 02:18 PM
I love the new UI, not a massive fan of some of those icons though (Settings icon in particular). But overall, Apple smashed this release out of the park. Can't wait to update!

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 02:19 PM
Yes. I'd like to get it now, but the Apple Developer website seems to be down.

Jordan921
Jun 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
I like the new look alot.

Xanderstone12
Jun 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
If they are copying android I wish they would just go ahead and do it. I am a hardcore apple fan every since I ditched my galaxy s. however,was holding a note 2 the other day and playing with the features and secretly envied it.

Sales will tell I assume.

I'm still a little bitter about having a ipad 3 that I feel is becoming obsolete after 1 year.

ricanloveee
Jun 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
I reminds me of apple, android, and windows 8... but I do like it.

OSMac
Jun 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
I think some parts of it are very nice (parallax wallpaper, tranparency, blur effects). I don't like the new icons+dock or all the "whiteness" of it.

The icons and the demoed background was less than appealing but hopefully with another background it will be better.

Overall it looks like a os Id want to try.

Will definitely keep some devices on 6 for the classic look.

chembox
Jun 10, 2013, 02:27 PM
People in general are afraid to try something completely new. I was pretty perplexed at the new OS but it's starting to grow on me. Looking at iOS 6, the UI looks very dated in comparison now.

Just like at first, people disliked the iPhone 4 design but then later grew to love it, the same is going to happen with iOS 7. Ive is a genius.

Also check out: www.apple.com/ios/ios7/

samuelelbaz
Jun 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
Looks awesome, I am super excited to try it out.

Jayuk
Jun 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
i like what apple did but in all i dont like what they done to the icons.. old icons looks much better and cleaner (imo)

iPusch
Jun 10, 2013, 02:31 PM
I wonder if the black iPhones version will look the same, since they REALLY only handled with white ones... anyway, I got a white on so it wouldnt bother me haha

Grolubao
Jun 10, 2013, 02:33 PM
Love it besides the icons, which IMO look too bright. Anyway, it looks much like a Android copycat

definitive
Jun 10, 2013, 02:33 PM
It looked ok, but those icons, those hideous, hideous icons! i just can't get over how hideous they look.

Will2145
Jun 10, 2013, 02:36 PM
This is dope freshness saaaaaaaaaan!

Burbulator
Jun 10, 2013, 02:40 PM
They just made one more android clone :(

seble
Jun 10, 2013, 02:40 PM
Don;t like the music app! sorry!
Don't like those icons, dislike the phone app, but everything else seems 'dope'.
Undecided about this control centre thing, just seems like too much, but I guess we shall see about that one!

TacticalDesire
Jun 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
Like everything except some of the icons. Looks like a lame winterboard theme.

Sensamic
Jun 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
I think the new design is too "shiny". I mean it pops up too much in your face.

It looks like a bad theme that would make you revert back to the old design after a couple of minutes.

The way notification and control center have transparent backgrounds is horrible. That kind of glossy look per se will make you tired after a week.

I prefer a straight look rather than this new "shiny" look.

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 02:44 PM

It looks like a bad theme that would make you revert back to the old design after a couple of minutes.

The way notification and control center have transparent backgrounds is horrible. That kind of glossy look per se will make you tired after a week.

Yes remember themes pre smart phone days? You always got one with bright colours and you were relived to go back to a plain grey one.

TacticalDesire
Jun 10, 2013, 02:45 PM
This video pretty much sums up my thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
OP wonder of this new OS will soon have the reputation called 'iheadache'?

maflynn
Jun 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
[MOD NOTE]
Having a dissenting opinion is not a problem, debate the topic, but do not start criticizing members. Lets keep the discussion civil and on topic.

WordMasterRice
Jun 10, 2013, 02:47 PM

So because you prefer that means that I won't like it? Is that the logic we are using now?

FWIW the frosted glass notification center was one of the better tweaks in Cydia, very glad to have it native.

johndallas999

I have to agree. I think it looks nice but I don't think it'll hold up. It's to pastel based for me.

applesith
Thread merged while commenting....

TheAppleFairy
Jun 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
It looks better than I thought it would for the "flat" design and I like it (based off what I could see off the keynote).

I am most excited by the fact that I won't need SBsettings anymore. That is the number one reason I jailbroke. Other than the hotspot (which isn't that important to me).

gadget123
Jun 10, 2013, 02:51 PM
Thread merged while commenting....

Just to clarify is voting yes in the poll saying you don't like it or do you vote no if you don't like it?

pettifogger06
Jun 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
I have to agree. I think it looks nice but I don't think it'll hold up. It's to pastel based for me.

The icons/home screen are flat out terrible. Everything else looks pretty nice.

Unless there is something we missed by not seeing it in person, I don't know how it happened. On almost every site I've seen the majority of the comments felt the home screen looked cheap, amateurish, childish, etc. Huge contrast between the clean look within apps and the notification center.

It looks like a kid's first attempt at a theme, to be honest. Not sure what they're going to do, as I don't know if professional folks are going to be willing to hold their nose and deal with that hideous thing.

dweezle3
Jun 10, 2013, 03:09 PM
Just to clarify is voting yes in the poll saying you don't like it or do you vote no if you don't like it?

Sorry for the confusion! I made the poll under the title "Do you like the new iOS 7 look?" before it got merged into this thread. So to clarify: Yes means that you like it, No means that you don't.

lewismayell
Jun 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
Only thing I don't like is the game centre icon, why does that still have shine and real looking bubbles?

Yptcn
Jun 10, 2013, 03:41 PM
I'm not 100% sure I like the flat icons but I'll have to see them IRL . Everything else is absolutely awesome , much more than I ever expected :-)))))

loon3y
Jun 10, 2013, 03:49 PM

lol apple stopped being innovative after the 4, i mean look at the iphone 5, it has a larger screen, but it looks ugly and the screen looks stretched, initially just copying the "bigger screen" concept from android phones

and now this "flat" look, it looks android and windowsy it looks horrible. ios was fine and they could have improved on the current theme but they just sold out.

apple is a bit panicking and steve jobs would be rolling in his grave if he saw this.

you really think a perfectionist like jobs would of allowed all these flawed and quick solution ideas?

it really shows how far gone apple has gone, given all the money they have

cogitodexter
Jun 11, 2013, 04:02 AM
Gotta say I like the new iOS7 with the sole exception of the new Safari icon. The white edges jar with me a little, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Certainly all the new features make up for it, and the gorgeous parallax certainly does away with any worries that the new interface was going to be totally 'flat'. I'm not currently a paid up dev (too early in my current development cycle to need it) but actively considering stumping up to upgrade one of my spare iPhones (much as I'd like to upgrade my '5 it's my day to day phone and I'm not ready to risk it!)

matttye
Jun 11, 2013, 04:04 AM
If you don't like it, don't use it. Why do you need to spread the misery, is your life that bad?

dontpannic
Jun 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
This is absolutely amazing.

iOS6 -

"It's just so boring, it looks the same as it always has done, they need to overhaul the UI"

iOS7 -

"It's so crap, it looks nothing like the old one, they shouldn't have overhauled the UI".

Make your bloody minds up.

Troneas
Jun 11, 2013, 04:31 AM
i voted NO for a lack of a better option.

i would have liked to vote "some of it".

i guess disappointment is my true feeling since although i feel it is a step forward, they could have done a lot better.

and i am not talking about the bugs - i am referring to the overall looks which appear so crude, childish and unpolished.

Italianblend
Jun 11, 2013, 04:54 AM
I am just disapointed that we still cannot choose our own text and menu colors. The ios looks better yes but it's not as changing as I would want it to be. Seems like no realtime data on the home screen either.

Tankmaze
Jun 11, 2013, 04:55 AM
at first I don't like it. then I get to know it, and then I get use it.
and now i'm in Love with it.

Tar Sniffer
Jun 11, 2013, 06:43 AM
I don't like the design, but the features look good. I'll try it out at the Apple Store once its released, but I have a feeling my next phone will be a Blackberry.

212rikanmofo
Jun 11, 2013, 06:46 AM
I love the new design. It's clean, minimal, simplistic with a modern vibe to it. I'm sure by the time iOS 7 goes final, it will be even more refined. This is the very first beta, so give them a chance to make improvements and don't be so quick to assume things.

dec.
Jun 11, 2013, 07:02 AM
I really hope that it will "click" once I'm using it on my phone. While I like the UI, I absolutely hate the icons. I know, they are just icons, but they also are the main screen of my phone. Seemingly random color combinations, absolutely awful gradients in different directions that are hard on the eyes - the combination of the hideous Safari icon beside the Mail icon - is that supposed to be some funky optical illusion? And apparently there was an internal competition at apple "come up with the most ugly blue-cyan gradient for the video app and win a lunch with Tim". Then the flatter-than-flat grey camera and settings icons... they just look heavy, ugly and stick out like a sore thumb.
I hope that the fonts are more visible than they appear on many of the screenshots - the weather app looks very blurry with the light blue background and the white font.

@dontpannic: The change was necessary and it's a good thing that Apple realized this, but it doesn't mean that the result automatically has to be better.

V900
Jun 11, 2013, 07:05 AM
Definitely do NOT like. It's cheap, loud, vulgar and blatantly a follower not a leader.

Sister Owl
Jun 11, 2013, 07:11 AM
Why on earth can't they get ONE person to do the goddamn icons? Why are they so diverse again? Why Calendar icon and Photos icon have white background, and Camera icon has gray gradient background? Newsstand icon is terrible. Bubbles in Game center stick out like a sore thumb.

And why every app is white and looks the same?:(

I do hope they do something about those icons.

roadbloc
Jun 11, 2013, 07:12 AM
This is pathetic.

This isn't like Windows Phone. It isn't like Android in any way except.. err... icons?
It is.

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iOS-7-multitasking.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/dRmzFo6.png

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iso-vs-android.jpg

But I do like it. Just a little ironic that a company that was going 'thermonuclear' on apparent 'copying' has done nothing but copy. But innovation does not occur without inspiration and its time Apple maybe changed its attitude before Google and Microsoft start suing back.

maflynn
Jun 11, 2013, 07:13 AM
^^^ But are those items like webos as well?

PhoneI
Jun 11, 2013, 07:15 AM
I don't like the design, but the features look good. I'll try it out at the Apple Store once its released, but I have a feeling my next phone will be a Blackberry.

Now that's funny.

Brittany246
Jun 11, 2013, 07:16 AM
I'm kind of sad that there are people who actually think iOS 7 looks good. There were so many people designing it, and nobody said "This looks like *****"? Neon gradients in 2013...No, just no. The color scheme is terrible, and there's white everywhere. White + Neon = No Neon bubbles in Game Center? Why? The lock screen looks fine, but when you unlock your device you're greeted with those ugly icons. I'm really hoping that those icons are place holders... I honestly would love iOS 7 it if it wasn't so ugly...

I feel like they went flat just for the sake of it.

PhoneI
Jun 11, 2013, 07:17 AM
People are really mad about icons? I maybe use 8 apple apps. The rest of my screen will be filled up by icons from 3rd party apps. Probably look much the same way they do now.

Jare
The OP is known for making 4 useless, wasteland ready threads a day. Stop entertaining him and let the moderators trash his threads.

UmbraDiaboli
How about a poll where you can only answer whether you like it or not if you have it actually installed iOS7 on your phone and fiddled with it? I did like it when I saw it during the presentation, I do like it when I see the pictures at Apple's website, but, I'm finding it horrendous for the last 12 hours on my phones.

rmwebs
Jun 11, 2013, 07:19 AM

Putting the word 'FACT' in a sentence doesn't make it true. It's your opinion, which you are entitled to but dont try telling someone they are a troll for disagreeing with it.

jacobss
Jun 11, 2013, 07:21 AM
After using iOS7 for some hours I'm going back to iOS 6 right now, I can't stand the new music app :mad::(

h4mza
Jun 11, 2013, 07:24 AM
The UI looks flat like Windows and tweaks are copied from Android. I don't like it. Will wait for someone to design a nice theme for it then probably update.

shahrezsyed
Jun 11, 2013, 07:27 AM
It's pretty awesome to me!
And it's really funny to see that people are 'outraged' and 'downgrading' although it's only the first beta. I don't even have the courage to install it yet. The betas are betas because they are cr@ppy at places... I'm content with it and so is 60% of the iOS community. I covered the event yesterday and I have been getting tonnes of emails ever since for WP and Android users who want to know more about it.
My 2 cents: Calm yoself and wait for the GM and then, USE IT YOURSELF.

rovex
Jun 11, 2013, 07:37 AM
Having used it now for the best part of 10 minutes, the major thing for me at least is control centre and multitasking/mission control. Some things i don't really like such as the camera app, don't know why they leave huge black borders on either side should just make it the shoot button just like with recording. Safari tabs is a massive bonus as well.

with the 3D wallpaper thing, it seems to me as though the gyroscope creates that kind of effect. Nothing big but interesting nonetheless.

iZac
Jun 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
After tinkering for an hour or so, I realise, the Apps all individually look great, the minimalism and white space, keyboards and transparency effects work really well, but the home screen looks a bloody mess.

I know this is just one persons opinion, and this is Beta software that will see considerable tweaks over the next few months, but my immediate thoughts are that the "app grid" doesn't gel well with the new design aspiration - the grid is too dense, and it's predicated on all the icons being of the same style, so if you have 3rd party apps on the home screen, it'll look disjointed no matter how Ive and Co. try to make the icons unified. ironically, the most comfortable spacing and effect is when you're inside a folder, the title has some nice text and it's limited to 3 icons wide, there should be a setting to select how many icons you want per row!

And speaking of unification, all the gradients for icons go different ways, and the green icons or messaging are a bit too vivid and electric, which forces you to choose your wallpaper wisely, to either compliment the vivid colours, or contrast it.

The translucency of the "home bar" and folders is also too low, so they look much like just blocks of colour, and somewhat undermine what cute feature.

But this are minor gripes about the home screen, and it's difficulty in representing a pile of icons with consistency. by contrast the restraint of the lock screen looks great.

One thing I love is that for instance in a iMessage thread, each individual message has it's own physics, so where we normally have one plane that rubber bands when it hits the bottom, now each element jiggles a bit. Further to that, the plain colours in the messages are actually soft gradients from the top to the bottom of the screen.

hmm, this was a rambling post, but none-the-less i'm excited to see how they refine the OS, but it does sure need it ...

Holty123
Jun 11, 2013, 07:54 AM
Not sure yet but we will probably all get used to the look and move on

Michael Goff
Jun 11, 2013, 08:15 AM
It is.

Image (http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iOS-7-multitasking.png)http://i.imgur.com/dRmzFo6.png

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iso-vs-android.jpg

But I do like it. Just a little ironic that a company that was going 'thermonuclear' on apparent 'copying' has done nothing but copy. But innovation does not occur without inspiration and its time Apple maybe changed its attitude before Google and Microsoft start suing back.

Multitasking is more like WebOS than WP8.

johndallas999
Jun 12, 2013, 07:22 AM
Those fanboy developers gave them a standing ovation over the new look of iOS7 so Cook and Ive probably think they nailed it on the design but after using iOS7 for a day i've got to say the new stock icons are hideous.

Zombiechow
Jun 12, 2013, 07:24 AM
There really needs to be a centralized "OMG, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE NEW DESIGN" thread.

revs
Jun 12, 2013, 07:26 AM
Oh excellent, another thread

JOSE891
Jun 12, 2013, 07:37 AM

Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to like iPhone or update. Nobody really cares if u like it.