PDA

View Full Version : [General] iOS 7 beta 1 thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Hustle
Jun 10, 2013, 07:20 PM
I'm confused. How does this work? Wouldn't swiping down bring up the Notification Center?

Swipe from top of screen down brings notification center.
Swipe from middle of screen down brings search bar.

53kyle
Jun 10, 2013, 07:20 PM
I'm confused. How does this work? Wouldn't swiping down bring up the Notification Center?

Swiping down from anywhere, not the top of the screen

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 07:21 PM
can we get some proof? Don't wanna lose my jb over this lol. and some guy earlier said it didn't let him past the activation

There's no activation here because it's the same as an update.

iRobajob
Yes its there in the same place as before.

Thanks. :)

tymaster50

what about the guy that just said he tried it?

sharp65
I am having an issue too. Anyone else, or have you resolved your issue?

I'm having the same issue. My device is registered but it's not activating.

bertishere
i am doing an update to ios 7 (not restore) without being registered.. will report back

msuman
Jun 10, 2013, 07:22 PM

How is that possible? People before were denied installation because they didn't register their UDID.

kraftb0x
Long time lurker and some of you guys are pretty helpful with info so just putting it out there....

NO UDID registered and the same shift+click, Restore/Update method from iOS6 works.

Enjoy!:)

iBreatheApple
i am doing an update to ios 7 (not restore) without being registered.. will report back

Create a new thread if successful. With a screenshot please.

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 07:23 PM

You should first test shift click update!

Mjmar
Jun 10, 2013, 07:24 PM
How can I get the iOS 7 file without being registered? I'm contemplating just paying the $99.

GaresTaylan
Jun 10, 2013, 07:24 PM
This blows my mind. Took my iPhone over to my Windows PC and did the shift + update rather than the Mac equivalent and it went right through. No bitching at me about UDID not being registered.

So the method does work. And something on my Mac with iTunes may be fubarred.

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 07:25 PM
i'm on.. will post screen shots

very laggy

sfwalter
Are you installing with option-click on Check for Update or option-click on Restore iPhone?

tymaster50
How can I get the iOS 7 file without being registered? I'm contemplating just paying the $99.

Google is your friend... literally. We'd get banned for posting links.

cmChimera
i'm on.. will post screen shots

Mac or PC?

schaudhr
Jun 10, 2013, 07:26 PM
I have no success doing it using Xcode as I get activation issues; trying the iTunes method now...will let you know shortly if it works.

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 07:27 PM
what about the guy that just said he tried it?

I think he restored his phone and installed ios 7 that's why.

Chodite

Long time lurker and some of you guys are pretty helpful with info so just putting it out there....

NO UDID registered and the same shift+click, Restore/Update method from iOS6 works.

Enjoy!:)

Same process with a JB 6.1 iPhone 5?

tymaster50
I need a few more people saying it works before I go messing up my jailbreak. a 25% chance is not good enough lol

Chodite
Jun 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
Anyone have a link for iPhone 5 model A1428? A PM would be highly appreciated.

Spartan23R
Jun 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
alt + update my iPhone 5 to iOS7 now, on Mac

see how this works out

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 07:29 PM
Are you installing with option-click on Check for Update or option-click on Restore iPhone?

check for update.

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 07:30 PM
Mac or PC?

mac

sfwalter
Jun 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
check for update.

gracias

lrsone
mac

So did it work?

bertishere
You should first test shift click update!

that's exactly the way i did it.

Spartan23R
Jun 10, 2013, 07:32 PM

see how this works out

it works, im on 7.0 now :)

cmChimera
Jun 10, 2013, 07:32 PM
mac

Ok thanks.

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 07:34 PM
Jesus christ. 4 minutes to download remaining. *stares intensely at computer* everybody in my house needs to get off the wifi (reference to apple events in which the wifi is notoriously slow)

batting1000
Jun 10, 2013, 07:34 PM
Seems pretty good so far. Very slight lag in a few spots but I attribute that to it being a first beta.

Antoni Nygaard
Jun 10, 2013, 07:36 PM
Cellular Usage detailed

FreeState
Jun 10, 2013, 07:37 PM
Notice any apps that don't work? I remember that Netflix had issues during previous betas.

I cant get it to work on iOS7 (iPhone 4s). It makes me log in and never goes anywhere...

Reelknead1
Jun 10, 2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone having any issues with activation? Mine says that my UDID isn't registered although I've entered it into my Dev account.

Any ideas?

upsguy27
Jun 10, 2013, 07:38 PM
Few bugs I've found, not sure if these have been posted already:

Lots of issues with the dynamic backgrounds, glitches/resets when in multitasking and control center, sometimes setting a dynamic background for the home screen just sets it to black, the Settings page for Wallpaper doesn't accurately reflect what the current wallpaper/lock screen are.

Also, noticed a change for iTunes match, if you're on a cellular network, you can only stream songs, not download. But as soon as you connect to WiFi, the option to download songs is available. I hope this gets changed...

msuman
Jun 10, 2013, 07:39 PM

With or without UDID registration?

BigB82
I tried to install and got an error saying firmware file not compatible I am guessing it was not for 1428 but for 1429 right?

EJ8
Anyone having any issues with activation? Mine says that my UDID isn't registered although I've entered it into my Dev account.

Any ideas?

Does it tell you this before the install or afterwards on the phone screen?

BryanLyle
Find it odd that only the native apps show the new keyboard. The other apps show the default iOS keyboard. I thought that was something that would change across the board immediately.

gpsouza

see how this works out

Where did you downloaded it?

shan916
New Scan button in Passbook. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for some reason.

schaudhr
Jun 10, 2013, 07:40 PM

Any ideas?

I'm still in the same boat as you. I've tried the iTunes restore as well as using xcode and to no avail...

jkun
Jun 10, 2013, 07:40 PM
Are the twitter and weather widgets gone for anyone else? I don't really care for the weather one... but my twitter one!! T_T

cmjars
Jun 10, 2013, 07:41 PM
found it

Delorean2006
Jun 10, 2013, 07:41 PM
Jesus christ. 4 minutes to download remaining. *stares intensely at computer* everybody in my house needs to get off the wifi (reference to apple events in which the wifi is notoriously slow)

Exactly what's happening to me right now, longest two minutes of my life!

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 07:42 PM
More streamlined look.

Am3r1ca16
that's exactly the way i did it.

hey can you pm me where you downloaded the beta from? plz

Reelknead1
Does it tell you this before the install or afterwards on the phone screen?

I'm getting the message on the iPhone after the install. Double checked my UDID and everything is correct.

Ryan Burgess
Jun 10, 2013, 07:43 PM
Just so it's clear you must be registered as an Apple Developer to install iOS 7. I thought I would check on an old phone just to let everyone here know.
(sorry if this is a double post, I didn't feel like reading through all 22 pages of this thread lol)

It simply displays this message:
"This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program. If you are a member of the program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal at http://developer.apple.com/iphone/

Am3r1ca16

hey can you pm me the link where you downloaded the beta from? plz

marcococo
Anyone getting '"We’re unable to complete your activation.
This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal." ???? I've added my UDID on my Apple Dev account about an hour ago :confused::confused:

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 07:44 PM
OMG you can put Newsstand in a folder. :''''''')))

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm getting the message on the iPhone after the install. Double checked my UDID and everything is correct.

Same here. My phone is essentially useless. If I plug it back into iTunes I am getting the same message and NO iTunes functionality. Just a grey screen. So there is no way to go back to iOS 6. WTF?

lrsone
'm getting a waiting for iPhone on iTunes... What's that about?

jayem1234
If I don't like the beta or it's not working well, can i revert back to iOS 6.1.3?

Antoni Nygaard
New Scan button in Passbook. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for some reason.

Its opening the camera on mine, and has a little animated frame to centre the code in

Reelknead1
Jun 10, 2013, 07:46 PM
This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal." ???? I've added my UDID on my Apple Dev account about an hour ago :confused::confused:

Currently having that issue as well. If I can't get my phone activated by bed time i'll have to restore back to ios6 so i have a working phone for tomorrow.

lsutigerfan1976
For anyone that has a developer account and has their udid legitimately registered. I can confirm that holding update and shift instead of restore did the trick. It seems to be activated and working for me now. Again i was able to do it this way, but i do have a developer account. I don't know what will happen if you try this without one.

Jacoblee23

You would be my hero forever if you pm'd me the link. Lol. Please.

Anti-Lucifer
Jun 10, 2013, 07:47 PM
Wow, you get a new lightning charging icon to the right of the battery indicator when plugged in and charging. You also get a shutdown animation too when you swipe to turn off. The fading of each screen to blackness is very smooth as well.

Overall, i love the look!

AbSoluTc
Anyone figure out how to organize icons in a folder from one page to another? For now I have to take them out and such. Not very intuitive.

batting1000
App Store tells you the app updates size.

unobtainium
Same here. My phone is essentially useless. If I plug it back into iTunes I am getting the same message and NO iTunes functionality. Just a grey screen. So there is no way to go back to iOS 6. WTF?

Hold down home button and power button simultaneously until it restarts then connect to iTunes. See if that lets you restore to iOS 6.

ECUPeeDee14
If I don't like the beta or it's not working well, can i revert back to iOS 6.1.3?

No, it would have to be 6.1.4 (assuming you're using an iPhone 5.)

marcococo
Currently having that issue as well. If I can't get my phone activated by bed time i'll have to restore back to ios6 so i have a working phone for tomorrow.

It's nearly 2AM here in London.. I don't know if I should just restore to iOS 6? as I am working tomorrow (later) and I need a working phone :( I'm getting a little frustrated now :(

Anti-Lucifer
Jun 10, 2013, 07:48 PM
For anyone that has a developer account and has their udid legitimately registered. I can confirm that holding update and shift instead of restore did the trick. It seems to be activated and working for me now. Again i was able to do it this way, but i do have a developer account. I don't know what will happen if you try this without one.

when did you do this? There seems to be activation issues at the moment with the authentication servers....

Eeko
Jun 10, 2013, 07:49 PM

This. I added my UDID under devices and I can't get past setup. Both iTunes and my iPhone are both coming up with this message. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know!

jayem1234
Jun 10, 2013, 07:49 PM
No, it would have to be 6.1.4 (assuming you're using an iPhone 5.)

iPhone 4s. I mean whatever the latest firmware is. So I can revert back to it if I want to?

marcococo
Jun 10, 2013, 07:50 PM
Has anyone tried restoring back to iOS 6 yet? I don't want to brick my phone..

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 07:51 PM
Hold down home button and power button simultaneously until it restarts then connect to iTunes. See if that lets you restore to iOS 6.

Thanks for the idea. Didn't work though. My phone is bricked?

tom2847
I am getting ready to purchase a developer account for iOS 7 betas and use this on my main phone but questions.

Is it stable as far as you can see so far for the primary phone use day to day?

Battery life ok?

All apps work like Facebook,twitter, and most importanly Find my friends and Find my iPhone? Please check!

bertishere
new notification banners
http://i.imgur.com/9tGMBA8.png

new ringer is ugly:
http://i.imgur.com/6ugGGPn.png

to delete messages in the messages app, you select the message and click more and then you can delete
http://i.imgur.com/Ej7aoVD.png
http://i.imgur.com/FsXmSop.png

basic text view
http://i.imgur.com/td20REN.png

lockscreen inbound text
http://i.imgur.com/9Ci3KNe.png

notes
http://i.imgur.com/ZsqoJO6.png

spotlight search
http://i.imgur.com/fJ0QLBs.png

lsutigerfan1976
when did you do this? There seems to be activation issues at the moment with the authentication servers....

I was able to do it about fifteen mins ago. Shift plus update worked for me. But i had to try over and over till it worked.

Spartan23R
With or without UDID registration?

without

ECUPeeDee14
Jun 10, 2013, 07:52 PM
iPhone 4s. I mean whatever the latest firmware is. So I can revert back to it if I want to?

Yes.

spacehog371
Jun 10, 2013, 07:52 PM

I've read that the information you put in needs to be the same as when you first activated the phone.

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 07:53 PM
hey can you pm me where you downloaded the beta from? plz

can't PM. hit me up on twitter and i'll give you the link @countonalex

bassanoclapper
Jun 10, 2013, 07:56 PM

Several times. After 2 restores, finally got it to work.
Am guessing the UDID registration might be a little jammed

CanadaEh
Jun 10, 2013, 07:57 PM
Currently running iOS7 right now. Love the look!

goonie4life9
Jun 10, 2013, 07:57 PM
I'll add to the chorus. I did all of this on my Mac. My UDID is registered but I received the , "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program." I did a DFU restore to 6.1.4, activated with 6.1.4, then did the Option + Update and iOS 7 was up and running within 5 min. For those with registered UDIDs who are having activation issues, I would recommend this method - the problem is on Apple's end, not yours.

HankHowdy
Jun 10, 2013, 07:59 PM
Does the messages app have quick reply like bitesms?

marcococo
Jun 10, 2013, 08:00 PM
I'll add to the chorus. I did all of this on my Mac. My UDID is registered but I received the , "This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program." I did a DFU restore to 6.1.4, activated with 6.1.4, then did the Option + Update and iOS 7 was up and running within 5 min. For those with registered UDIDs who are having activation issues, I would recommend this method - the problem is on Apple's end, not yours.

Just finished reverting to iOS 6... Will try this method!

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
I'm not liking how in the music app after clicking on an artist you get all the songs right under the album names. I prefer to choose an album and view the songs there.

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
pc froze and itunes was stuck with my phone on a grey screen so I exited it out and it put my iphone in the "connect to itunes now" restored to ios 7... didn't work. So yeah i lost my jb and now i'm restoring to 6.1.4, hopefully the shift update works

sfwalter
Jun 10, 2013, 08:02 PM
2 quick observations:

1. Beta 1 is totally usable just a bit laggy
2. Some of the UI doesn't seem very Apple like. Almost seems rushed.

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 08:03 PM

Please help - how do I do the DFU restore?

unobtainium
Jun 10, 2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the idea. Didn't work though. My phone is bricked?

Sorry, I didn't explain it properly. Follow the directions here:
http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/24/iphone-dfu-mode-explained-and-how-to-enter-dfu-mode-on-your-iphone/

Hope it works!

applefanDrew
Jun 10, 2013, 08:04 PM
new notification banners
Image (http://i.imgur.com/9tGMBA8.png)

new ringer is ugly:
Image (http://i.imgur.com/6ugGGPn.png)

to delete messages in the messages app, you select the message and click more and then you can delete
Image (http://i.imgur.com/Ej7aoVD.png)
Image (http://i.imgur.com/FsXmSop.png)

basic text view
Image (http://i.imgur.com/td20REN.png)

lockscreen inbound text
Image (http://i.imgur.com/9Ci3KNe.png)

notes
Image (http://i.imgur.com/ZsqoJO6.png)

spotlight search
Image (http://i.imgur.com/fJ0QLBs.png)

Is notes organized any better? Any kind of tagging, folders, etc?

robwilson
Jun 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
Just updated via Xcode....phone seems a bit hot....but it looks great!

Chodite
Jun 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
Anyone successfully go from a Jailbroken iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1) to iOS 7 tonight?

bassanoclapper
Jun 10, 2013, 08:06 PM
Please help - how do I do the DFU restore?

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/24/iphone-dfu-mode-explained-and-how-to-enter-dfu-mode-on-your-iphone/

darthcees
Jun 10, 2013, 08:07 PM
is there a way to turn off the live wallpaper/fake 3D effect??

Ryan Burgess

Yes. But make sure to restore to iOS 6.1.4 then update to iOS 7, just in case.

EJ8
Sorry, I didn't explain it properly. Follow the directions here:

Hope it works!

Sheww! It's restring back to iOS 6 now. Thanks man.

marcococo
Jun 10, 2013, 08:08 PM
It worked!! Opt + Update method works!!! Yay! thanks guys :)

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 08:09 PM
Is notes organized any better? Any kind of tagging, folders, etc?

nope.

----------

anymore questions or pics people want?

i was unable to get a pic of the incoming call or power shut down screens.

gonna go back to iOS 6 in 20minutes. this is too unstable for me.

tuukka87
Can anyone PM a link to download the beta for iphone 5 model A1428 ? and instructions on how to install it ? Thanks :o

Jacoblee23
It worked!! Opt + Update method works!!! Yay! thanks guys :)

What method is this?

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 08:10 PM

Thanks man. I'm getting my phone back! 30 minute to download 6 now though. argh. then to try the Option + Update method.

Anti-Lucifer
Jun 10, 2013, 08:11 PM
Yes. But make sure to restore to iOS 6.1.4 then update to iOS 7, just in case.

I didn't that at all. So when it was at the "bar" screen where you see the logo and a tiny progress bar, it froze there forever while iTunes didn't 'even show the device is connected when it was.

So I just unplugged the iphone 5 and it reset itself to the "restore from iTunes" screen (which is also new now).

Then I proceeded to update the iphone 5 with ios 7 and it worked.

ZacNicholson
Jun 10, 2013, 08:12 PM
Can anyone PM a link to download the beta for iphone 5 ? and instructions on how to install it ? Thanks :o

i cant pm you but you can look on my twitter for the link:D

Powertoola
Jun 10, 2013, 08:12 PM
is there a way to turn off the live wallpaper/fake 3D effect??

Settings >> general >> accessibility >> reduce motion

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 08:13 PM
In the past if your UDID wasn't registered iTunes stopped before installing the OS. Now it installs it and then tells you? with no normal way out of the situation? WTF?

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 08:14 PM

Thanks, I was looking for this too.

tuukka87
Jun 10, 2013, 08:15 PM
i cant pm you but you can look on my twitter for the link:D

So I downloaded it, I click option and restore and presto ? Also will I be able to backup to go back to ios 6 if I dont like it ? and can I restore from icloud backup once Im on ios 7 to get my apps and contacts ?

ihonda
Jun 10, 2013, 08:16 PM
no share widget
itunes radio only streams CLEAN ver of songs
old keyboard shows up inside of apps
if use siri it cuts out all system volume and i have to restart.
various other bugs but all in all decent thus far

nooaah
Jun 10, 2013, 08:17 PM

Yup, I just did. It was a breeze. And my dB reading for my cell reception carried over again. :D

WDE87

Lots of issues with the dynamic backgrounds, glitches/resets when in multitasking and control center, sometimes setting a dynamic background for the home screen just sets it to black, the Settings page for Wallpaper doesn't accurately reflect what the current wallpaper/lock screen are.

Also, noticed a change for iTunes match, if you're on a cellular network, you can only stream songs, not download. But as soon as you connect to WiFi, the option to download songs is available. I hope this gets changed...

I have never been aware of being able to stream songs at all on iTunes Match. I was actually upset to find out that I couldn't and this would be a very welcomed feature for me personally.

Am i incorrect on this?

ZacNicholson
So I downloaded it, I click option and restore and presto ? Also will I be able to backup to go back to ios 6 if I dont like it ? and can I restore from icloud backup once Im on ios 7 to get my apps and contacts ?

i dont know about all that. i just provide the links on my twitter. im not trying it out until i know its good to try.

Chodite
Jun 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
any more questions or pics people want?

Can you let me know what other Share options there are with photos? Besides FB, Twitter and Airdrop. From the presentation today, it looked like there were more apps available for sharing by swiping left. Please confirm.

DMH3006
In the past if your UDID wasn't registered iTunes stopped before installing the OS. Now it installs it and then tells you? with no normal way out of the situation? WTF?

normal way is to DFU restore to iOS 6,besides if you're installing a beta you're supposed to be registered ;) if you want to use something then learn how to,the activation process can only happen after you've installed the iOS on the device not before unless changes how the software activates.

5t3f4n
Does anyone know how you can make your wallpaper NON-dynamic?
If you have an image with perfect resolution for your screen, it will automatically be blown up (to allow panning around) and look like a blurry mess.

Anti-Lucifer
Yup, I just did. It was a breeze. And my dB reading for my cell reception carried over again. :D

you can keep that permanently if you'd like WITHOUT JB!

*3001#12345#* send

Then do the following:

Hold power button until the slide to shutdown comes up.
Then simply hold the home button down UNTIL the field test app closes.

Your field test dB will be there and you can switch between the bars and the dB readouts anytime by tapping the top.

Deputydog
Jun 10, 2013, 08:19 PM
Just to confirm a previous post, using option + update gets you past the unregistered device error. FYI I have an iPhone 5 with a registered UDID.

darthcees

Great thank you! For a guy that suffers from vertigo, turning off this feature was a must.

eyespii
I got it installed! Playing around with it now. I just skipped the "review agreement" page, and installed a copy I found online. I *supposedly* registered my UDID though, but I didn't see any confirmation of it anywhere...

M87
nope.

----------

anymore questions or pics people want?

Can you do a screen shot of the accessibility settings? I'm especially interested in zoom. Thanks!

spencers
Jun 10, 2013, 08:23 PM
Just installed. Awaiting reboot. :D

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 08:23 PM
ok I can confirm it works too. For maximum efficiency, download 6.1.4, restore your iphone to it, set it up as new, then shift + update to ios 7 beta 1. It just worked for me, skipping the whole activation process. now i'm gonna restore from back up

iphonehype
Jun 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
UDID Problem: ITs registered but iOS saying its not! You think Apple just getting hammered?

Warrenn
Jun 10, 2013, 08:26 PM
Downloaded iOS 7 but haven't installed yet, just wondering if Find My Friends is still working under iOS 7. Could anyone do a quick test and let me know? Thanks a lot.

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 08:27 PM
Can you do a screen shot of the accessibility options? I'm especially interested in zoom. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/tlN5iL0.png

setting panorama pics as wallpaper. when you tilt they move

http://i.imgur.com/O5nVMry.png
http://i.imgur.com/frKol6B.png

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 08:27 PM
UDID Problem: ITs registered but iOS saying its not! You think Apple just getting hammered?

just do the shift + update.

XboxMySocks
Jun 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
Do you have to update to the newest firmware before you can update to 7?

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
normal way is to DFU restore to iOS 6,besides if you're installing a beta you're supposed to be registered ;) if you want to use something then learn how to,the activation process can only happen after you've installed the iOS on the device not before unless changes how the software activates.

yea yea. I AM registered. just like many other people here having the same issue. and I have been stopeed at the itunes install part in previous years because my registration hadn't cleared yet. And so yes i have "learned" how to. I've done this many times. Perhaps this time it acted differently than I have ever experienced. Doesn't mean i don't know how to.

iphonehype
Jun 10, 2013, 08:30 PM
just do the shift + update.

Did they iPhone is updated but not activating because its not registered to developer account but the iPhone is!

upsguy27
Jun 10, 2013, 08:30 PM
I have never been aware of being able to stream songs at all on iTunes Match. I was actually upset to find out that I couldn't and this would be a very welcomed feature for me personally.

Am i incorrect on this?

You've always been able to since iOS 6, you can just tap the song even if it's not downloaded and it'll play, and still not be downloaded afterwards.

tuukka87
Jun 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
could this get our phones banned if we are not devlopers ?

Raftysworld
Jun 10, 2013, 08:32 PM
could this get our phones banned if we are not devlopers ?

Yes and potentially up to a $1000 fine and up to 1 year in jail.

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 08:32 PM

Are you on a PC? This doesn't work for me on a mac. Is it Option + Update on a mac?

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 08:33 PM
yea yea. I AM registered. just like many other people here having the same issue. and I have been stopeed at the itunes install part in previous years because my registration hadn't cleared yet. And so yes i have "learned" how to. I've done this many times. Perhaps this time it acted differently than I have ever experienced. Doesn't mean i don't know how to.

then it's because the server is down(probably being pounded relentlessly),still you can restore to iOS 6 in the way i mentioned,to the latest version available to public 6.1.3(6.1.4 on iPhone 5).

tuukka87
Yes and potentially up to a $1000 fine and up to 1 year in jail.

are you being serious or is that the real penalty ? :eek:

Eeko
I thought that waiting might help with the problem but still failing to activate.
I registered my device by copying the UDID from the system profiler.

billchase2
Jun 10, 2013, 08:34 PM
Has anyone figured out how to access HDR mode on the camera?

EJ8
then it's because the server is down(probably being pounded relentlessly),still you can restore to iOS 6 in the way i mentioned,to the latest version available to public 6.1.3(6.1.4 on iPhone 5).

I did thanks. But the only way to do that was the DFU mode which I had forgotten how to do. In fact I've never had to so that so I had to be reminded.

LSUtigers03
itunes radio only streams CLEAN ver of songs

Just noticed this. :mad:

WDE87
Jun 10, 2013, 08:35 PM
You've always been able to since iOS 6, you can just tap the song even if it's not downloaded and it'll play, and still not be downloaded afterwards.

Wow, thank you. I was pissed that i spent 24.99 and couldn't even stream (so i thought)

bertishere

you just press HDR and it turns blue.

iphonehype
I thought that waiting might help with the problem but still failing to activate.
I registered my device by copying the UDID from the system profiler.

same issue....anyone else? seems servers are shattered!

firstapple

Push "HDR" near the camera shutter button...

XboxMySocks
Again, I'll politely ask if you need to update to 6.1.4 before you can install this :3

Am3r1ca16
are you being serious or is that the real penalty ? :eek:

lol the chance of you been caught is just the same as downloading music for free. you have to be REALLY unlucky for that to even happen. LOL

5t3f4n
Jun 10, 2013, 08:36 PM

Simply tap the HDR-button above the shoot button.
It will turn blue when tapped.

Slowpc
Jun 10, 2013, 08:36 PM
Been getting a double notifications on my load on my iphone 5 but going to restore and start fresh on this build to see if that is the cause.

XboxMySocks
Jun 10, 2013, 08:38 PM
Are you on a PC? This doesn't work for me on a mac. Is it Option + Update on a mac?

You have to use Alt/Option and update. Are you on the newest software? (6.1.3/6.1.4)

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 08:38 PM
can someone pm me the wallpapers so I can have the moving ones?

billchase2
Jun 10, 2013, 08:39 PM
you just press HDR and it turns blue.

Ohh there it is. It was hard to see. Thanks!

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
if you have find my iphone on, you cannot restore the phone (i'm restoring back to 6.1.4 now). it will ask you to turn off find my iPhone.

when you attempt to turn it off in settings, you need to type in your appstore password

M87
Jun 10, 2013, 08:42 PM
Image (http://i.imgur.com/tlN5iL0.png)

Thanks for doing it! Looks like they didn't change it at all, unfortunately. Three finger tapping is not at all ideal on a phone. I was hoping they would make it possible to do with one finger as you can in Android.

Bobby Corwen
Jun 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
Im thinking of spending 100$ because I cant find anyone that will add me on their list.

I have a question thought from people who used previous betas:

Will this, being a beta, work functionally enough to use as a day to day phone for a few months?

Or is a beta so buggy usually that its a bad experience.

Is iOS7 usable for day to day in its current for by those of you who already are playing with it???

sk8r1230
Jun 10, 2013, 08:44 PM
hey guys anyone know if there is a way to change the icloud keychain phone number after its been setup? i didnt enter area code and I'm not able to get the text message to confirm my new device

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 08:46 PM
Im thinking of spending 100$ because I cant find anyone that will add me on their list.

Will this, being a beta, work functionally enough to use as a day to day phone for a few months?

Is iOS7 usable for day to day in its current for by those of you who already are playing with it???

it seems stable to me, I thought i was having wifi issues but that's cause my router is more than 10 years old lol

jozeppy26
Jun 10, 2013, 08:47 PM

Annnnnd here comes the annoying whiny developer comments.

unobtainium
Jun 10, 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm playing around with it now. It looked great in the keynote today, but now that I have it in my hands I have a few reservations :( It just feels...weird, and not in a new, exciting, fresh way. It doesn't feel like Apple.

I'm hoping I just need to get used to it. But for now I'm a little surprised to be disappointed.

bertishere
Jun 10, 2013, 08:51 PM

pay someone on ebay $5..

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 08:51 PM
Warning: Resetting the phone in any way that gets to the set up screen will make you have to restore back to 6.1.4 and re-update.

Bobby Corwen
Jun 10, 2013, 08:52 PM
it seems stable to me, I thought i was having wifi issues but that's cause my router is more than 10 years old lol

So I can expect to survive through these few months with usability without much hassle? Esspecially as the new betas come out?

I really gotta see this new design up close and personally in hand...

But if iOS 6 beta for example was all messed up and unusable, id be afraid to try this one so early?

jozeppy26
Jun 10, 2013, 08:52 PM
I'm playing around with it now. It looked great in the keynote today, but now that I have it in my hands I have a few reservations :( It just feels...weird, and not in a new, exciting, fresh way. It doesn't feel like Apple.

I'm hoping I just need to get used to it. But for now I'm a little surprised to be disappointed.

Definitely agree about the "weird" part. Almost finished downloading here so I'll see. From the Keynote though, it seems "flatter" was taken to an incredible extreme. Also, does this look like a windows phone now or is it me? lol

Powertoola
Jun 10, 2013, 08:55 PM
Great thank you! For a guy that suffers from vertigo, turning off this feature was a must.

you are welcome :)

Reelknead1
Jun 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
same issue....anyone else? seems servers are shattered!

I'm also still having activation issues. I have restored to iOS6.1.4 three times and tried iOS7 beta 3 times with no luck.

XboxMySocks
Jun 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
So I can expect to survive through these few months with usability without much hassle? Esspecially as the new betas come out?

But if iOS 6 beta for example was all messed up and unusable, id be afraid to try this one so early?

iOS 6 beta was one of the most stable betas out there.

WiiDSmoker
Jun 10, 2013, 09:01 PM
Would love to get attached to a developer account? Willing to pay $20. Any takers?

street.cory
Jun 10, 2013, 09:02 PM

iphonehype
Jun 10, 2013, 09:03 PM
I'm also still having activation issues. I have restored to iOS6.1.4 three times and tried iOS7 beta 3 times with no luck.

Have you tried clicking update? I am going back to iOS 6 and going to click update rather then restore and manually picking the file.

Knockoutjosie
Jun 10, 2013, 09:04 PM
Op here, dont forget to post and bugs and glitches you guys encounter. thanks

WiiDSmoker
Jun 10, 2013, 09:05 PM
PM me

Sent

LSUtigers03
Jun 10, 2013, 09:05 PM

There is some lag and the first time I tried Siri the phone went to the boot screen and back to the home screen but its been fine since then. It's good for a first beta. Also you can install it without a dev account or having your udid registered.

street.cory
Jun 10, 2013, 09:08 PM
Op here, dont forget to post and bugs and glitches you guys encounter. thanks

So far it seems fairly stable. At times when I've been playing music through the stock app and gone into multitasking mode and tried to quit, say the camera app, i've had a crash. Mainly any hangup or crash has been with the camera app so far.

unobtainium
Jun 10, 2013, 09:08 PM
Definitely agree about the "weird" part. Almost finished downloading here so I'll see. From the Keynote though, it seems "flatter" was taken to an incredible extreme. Also, does this look like a windows phone now or is it me? lol

I don't know how to phrase it exactly, but it feels like a ...cheaper phone, maybe? The icons look so Fisher-Price. The "old" Apple look was so detailed...so much thought was put into textures and the UI seemed incredibly rich. Now it feels a bit cheap and actually matches the hardware less. Which is surprising, since Ive is behind both.

I'm surprised to feel this way. I've been a big supporter of Apple's design choices, and maybe with time I'll come around to this one.

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 09:12 PM
Would love to get attached to a developer account? Willing to pay $20. Any takers?

$20? people do it for $5

Bobby Corwen
Jun 10, 2013, 09:13 PM
There is some lag and the first time I tried Siri the phone went to the boot screen and back to the home screen but its been fine since then. It's good for a first beta. Also you can install it without a dev account or having your udid registered.

What do you mean you can install it without a dev account?

Then why is everyone getting a dev account?

lsutigerfan1976
Jun 10, 2013, 09:14 PM
My zynga games dont load correctly. They either run reaaaallly slow, or just sit there at the main screen. One good thing i have seen was that running with friends runs super slow. Which makes it easier for me to play when it does load :D

WiiDSmoker
Jun 10, 2013, 09:15 PM
$20? people do it for $5

whaaa really? Where?

Bobby Corwen
Jun 10, 2013, 09:16 PM
My zynga games dont load correctly. They either run reaaaallly slow, or just sit there at the main screen. One good thing i have seen was that running with friends runs super slow. Which makes it easier for me to play when it does load :D

Wow, see stuff like that sounds like too much too handle.

I guess its easy enough to go back to 6 after I try it for awhile?

shearm
Jun 10, 2013, 09:17 PM
can you try google voice?
any bluetooth issues?

Just to echo what many have said, it's running 90% great on an iPhone 5. There are stutters here and there, but it's well worth the install if you're a registered developer. I am sitting 3 blocks away from the Moscone center while my brother gets to be inside and enjoying himself -_- I was very worried when I watched the keynote, but it really does look much better in person. It's just a very different OS visually, and it will take some time for people to get used to it. Command Center is probably the most useful change, but everything just feels more streamlined and beautiful. The keyboard is ultra responsive as ever, for anyone wondering. I can try to answer some specific questions if anyone has any, it seems that most that were asked have been answered in the thread so far.

mostlydave
Jun 10, 2013, 09:18 PM
Is there anywhere to download besides apple yet? can someone PM me a link? I'm having a hard time finding it

Will0827
Jun 10, 2013, 09:22 PM
what methods have you guys had success with to activate their phones.

XboxMySocks
Jun 10, 2013, 09:22 PM
whaaa really? Where?

Just download the right ipsw and Option+Update it. Will let you install without UDID registered.

iBLAKEE
Jun 10, 2013, 09:25 PM
Finally, finally upgrading. Can't wait!

sonicdissent
Ran into a bug on lastpass, when prompt came up to enter google authenticator results, I was unable to enter anything. Looks like that kind of pop-up might present a problem, not sure if its an app side thing or not. Some sluggishness in some places, some upgraded snappy in others. Liking it so far, but really apple? You implement quick reply in OSX, and quite well I might add, but not on iOS?

lsutigerfan1976
Wow, see stuff like that sounds like too much too handle.

I guess its easy enough to go back to 6 after I try it for awhile?

You can go back. Just not to an older version of ios 6.1xx. It has to be 6.1.4. I bricked my phone earlier. Had to reinstall 6.1.4 by putting it in dfu mode, and retry to install ios 7.

As a side note, i really am disliking the ios 7 theme, or however you want to put it. It is like they replicated something from google now, or a bad winterboard theme. With no option to change it. Am digging some of the new features. If this could get jailbroken, it would at least show some promise for me.

LSUtigers03
Jun 10, 2013, 09:26 PM
Has anyone noticed that their scrolling isn't as fast as the demo?

robertpolson
Jun 10, 2013, 09:27 PM
Installed iOS 7 and I can't see the podcast section in the Music app even if I don't install the Apple Podcast app.

Has anyone else figured out how to organize and listen to manually created podcast files?

Will0827
Jun 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
Does me still being on lion have anything to do with my inability to finish the installation im not running xcode 5 is it needed.

Cgdoc519
Jun 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
Installed iOS 7 and I can't see the podcast section in the Music app even if I don't install the Apple Podcast app.

Has anyone else figured out how to organize and listen to manually created podcast files?

Same issue. Opening the downloaded Apple podcast app causes my phone to freeze. Podcast do not show up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed by deleting and reinstalling the podcast app.

WiiDSmoker
Jun 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
Do I need a Mac to install iOS 7?

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
I am continuing to have the "registration" problem even thought I am using the Alt/Option + Update method. How can that be? I did it the correct way the first time using my registered device that didn't seem to be able to validate with Apple. I DFU'd and restored my device to iOS 6. At this point I did not enable iCloud or restore from iCloud. I just left my phone as a new setup with nothing on it but what comes on it. I then did the Alt/Option + Update and picked the .ipsw file again - and I got the same result! It says I am not registered. Arggggh! :confused: And I did this all over even again and the same thing happened. What the?

GSewall350
Jun 10, 2013, 09:34 PM
If I install the beta, but later want to switch back to iOS 6 until the final release of 7, is that possible?

jkun
Jun 10, 2013, 09:34 PM
Has anyone found the sharing widget or is it gone for good?

rezzo
Jun 10, 2013, 09:36 PM
If I install the beta, but later want to switch back to iOS 6 until the final release of 7, is that possible?
Yes.

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 09:38 PM
whaaa really? Where?

To be honest why do you want to register your UDID? to test out the betas? ypu dont need to be registered. Just download the iOS 7 beta 1 IPSW then go to itunes and shift click update and choose the iOS 7 beta 1. I just did it so i know it works

matty.p
Jun 10, 2013, 09:39 PM
Has anyone noticed that their scrolling isn't as fast as the demo?

Mine seems to depend on the app, the multitasking switcher is incredibly smooth but some apps are pretty rough. Messages for one is really rough, freezes a lot, and has some problems with deleting message threads. It's Beta 1 so not unexpected.

ThisIsNotMe
Jun 10, 2013, 09:39 PM
Seems *really* rushed lacking the *fit and finish* of usual Apple releases.
Hope they can get it cleared up by the release....and fix these go awful icons!

terryh703
Jun 10, 2013, 09:42 PM
can someone PM me a link to the beta please? :)

EJ8
Jun 10, 2013, 09:42 PM
To be honest why do you want to register your UDID? to test out the betas? ypu dont need to be registered. Just download the iOS 7 beta 1 IPSW then go to itunes and shift click update and choose the iOS 7 beta 1. I just did it so i know it works

yea they are legit but they seem to be jammed up. too many registrants. use another one.

better yet listen to Am3r1ca16. everyone seems to be able to upgrade without registering.

Cgdoc519
Jun 10, 2013, 09:43 PM

Fixed by deleting and reinstalling the podcast app. But still buggy and slow.

Ryan Burgess
Jun 10, 2013, 09:46 PM
After upgrading I've noticed several things...

Safari is MUCH slower on my iPhone 5. Pages take a lot longer to load, or the app closes all together.

There is a significant delay between pressing the home button and actually going home.

My phone is losing battery quite quick, and it is EXTREMELY hot. Like hard to hold hot. Literally, it's burning up.

radiotowers
Jun 10, 2013, 09:49 PM
Finding it to be quite laggy on a 4S. Not so much while using apps, but rather when launching an app and exiting back to the homescreen, bringing up the task switcher, opening a folder, etc. Basically anything that involves a transition animation. Had to turn off the wobbling wallpaper just for it to be usable at all.

I suspect this will be refined in future releases, and expect some performance issues at this stage - especially on older hardware - but I personally wouldn't suggest installing iOS 7 on your primary device. (Well, I'd suggest never installing any beta OS on your primary device, and that holds here.)

Other things:

* Noted elsewhere, but dock is not translucent on the 4S (apparently).
* Tap targets seem smaller overall. Or maybe tappable items aren't responding as quickly - I've had to tap a few times on several occasions to get it to respond.
* How do you force quit an app in iOS 7? The normal tap-and-hold in the switcher doesn't seem to do anything.

falconeight
Jun 10, 2013, 09:57 PM
The most laggiest part of my iPhone 5 with ios6 was looking through purchased apps in the app store. Its completely smooth now.

batting1000
Jun 10, 2013, 09:57 PM
* How do you force quit an app in iOS 7? The normal tap-and-hold in the switcher doesn't seem to do anything.

Swipe the "card" off the screen.

applefanDrew
Jun 10, 2013, 09:58 PM
Finding it to be quite laggy on a 4S. Not so much while using apps, but rather when launching an app and exiting back to the homescreen, bringing up the task switcher, opening a folder, etc. Basically anything that involves a transition animation. Had to turn off the wobbling wallpaper just for it to be usable at all.

I suspect this will be refined in future releases, and expect some performance issues at this stage - especially on older hardware - but I personally wouldn't suggest installing iOS 7 on your primary device. (Well, I'd suggest never installing any beta OS on your primary device, and that holds here.)

Other things:

* Noted elsewhere, but dock is not translucent on the 4S (apparently).
* Tap targets seem smaller overall. Or maybe tappable items aren't responding as quickly - I've had to tap a few times on several occasions to get it to respond.

To quit an app, swipe up on the app preview.

ericDylan
Jun 10, 2013, 09:58 PM
I am not a developer and just went with the alt/update method. Works really well and no real lag considering it is a beta 1. I am running it on an old iphone 5, so I am just using it to play around with. I have my actual iP5 jailbroken on 6.1.something

I don't think I will update until ios 7 is jailbroken... i need it to be less colorful... I like everything, but the thing I change is icon size (make them a lot smaller) and I make the icons greyscale... all I want to do.

Overall: 8/10

radiotowers
Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 PM
To quit an app, swipe up on the app preview.

Thanks! So... when I did that, the app "card"/preview stuttered up very slowly, in two stages, then the entire phone reset. Well, that's one way... :)

robertpolson
Jun 10, 2013, 10:01 PM
Same issue. Opening the downloaded Apple podcast app causes my phone to freeze. Podcast do not show up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Fixed by deleting and reinstalling the podcast app.

Where do the podcasts show up? In the Podcast app or in the Music app? Podcast app does not recognize manually created podcasts properly.

tekboi
Jun 10, 2013, 10:07 PM
I am running it on an old iphone 5,

:confused::confused:

So, there's a new iphone 5?

radiotowers
Jun 10, 2013, 10:08 PM
Had an Flickr update available in the App Store. Tapped update, the install process never went past "Waiting..."

But, in App Store, I can tap "Open" and bring up the Flickr app. But its icon on the homescreen is some kind of generic icon and does nothing when tapped.

UMRebel
Jun 10, 2013, 10:13 PM
Does a folder still hold the same number of app icons (16) or do folders work differently now?

Spartan23R
Jun 10, 2013, 10:18 PM
Does a folder still hold the same number of app icons (16) or do folders work differently now?

hold unlimited apps

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 10:20 PM

Completely different now,you swipe to the sides.

only lag on my iphone 5 is when opening the central app on the multitasking bar,if its centered its somewhat slow. otherwise its been pretty good.

Cgdoc519
Jun 10, 2013, 10:21 PM
Where do the podcasts show up? In the Podcast app or in the Music app? Podcast app does not recognize manually created podcasts properly.

Yea it's in the podcast app. But it's hit and miss. Very buggy.

southunder
Jun 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
Anyone can help me out? I'm stuck in limbo land with ios 7...can't go forward can't go backward.

Says not registered...help!

Ryan Burgess
Jun 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
Just did a Sunspider 1.0 test using safari on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0 beta 1. The result was 900.3 m/s. About the same as before.

rockyroad55
Jun 10, 2013, 10:29 PM
The notifications status pop up is a little too big and my phone has already rebooted on me once.

chilibball
Jun 10, 2013, 10:32 PM
if it works feel free to say it work in this post http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17392112#post17392112

lol

Yes Sir.

Kevin

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 10:36 PM
Clock icon is def live. It even has a live second hand (steady movement, not a ticker).

Jtc720
Jun 10, 2013, 11:06 PM
pleasee help when i press shift restore on windows in itunes it cant find the ios 7 file what do i do i know its on my computer

FPSDavid
Jun 10, 2013, 11:16 PM
Major annoyance: Calendar doesn't have dots under the days (in month view) to show that you have an event... why?!

mac00l
Jun 10, 2013, 11:27 PM
My thoughts so far:

Pros:
-It boots blazing fast.
-It plays well along with legacy apps. Meaning that for example twitbot doesn't feel like needing a redesing.
- The compass app is great.
- Now you can select what apps can use your mobile data.
- You can now select do not disturb to work even when the phone is unlocked.
- The unlock screen is not obvious at first. But once you get used to it is pretty obvious and handy to be able to unlock it with a swipe anywhere.

Cons:
-The facetime app is creepy with a ghostly image of yourself being pulled from the front cam.
- Greens and reds are extremely bright. Even with low brightness the green of the phone and messages app really is annoying.
- The learning curve is not as smooth as predicted, and at some point frustrating.

Fixable issues:
- The settings app tends to get stuck a lot.
- The phone gets extremely hot when using Facetime.
- The scrolling alphabet is too close clustered.
- Safari is painful slow.

Chodite
Jun 11, 2013, 12:02 AM
Running smooth as butter on iPhone 5. Small little quirks here and there, but very usable and I'm kind of digging it.

Garrett67
Jun 11, 2013, 12:05 AM
Running smooth as butter on iPhone 5. Small little quirks here and there, but very usable and I'm kind of digging it.

You're tempting me but I don't think I can live without my JB tweaks.

shan916
Jun 11, 2013, 12:34 AM
Its opening the camera on mine, and has a little animated frame to centre the code in

Yeah mine does too. I had meant that it wouldn't scan anything. I just learned that it's for scanning passbook barcodes. I had been trying with just regular barcodes.

Luuthian
Jun 11, 2013, 12:43 AM
I got my UDID ready and I'm good to go... But I have my reservations :/. Is the battery life really that bad? I'm running an iPhone 5 and I would love to try the beta, but only when it hits that point where it's useable for the most part.

I'm thinking now it might not get to that point for a month or two at least.

patrikr
Jun 11, 2013, 12:43 AM
Is it just me or is iTunes Match not working? I enabled it but my library is still empty.

FPSDavid
Jun 11, 2013, 12:48 AM
Things I've noticed:

Navigon crashes every time I open it
No dots under dates of Calendar in month-view. Hopefully just a bug.
Do Not Disturb doesn't show the moon icon in the top bar when enabled
Some of my music only shows if you go to Songs, but doesn't show under Artists. Won't play if you search for a song, but will if you choose it from the Songs menu.
Won't let me use my unlock pin as the iCloud Keychain pin, says its too easy to guess. Had to choose a complex password.
Can't delete songs that came from iCloud (or wherever this Jimi Hendrix song came from, not my synced music)

Knockoutjosie
Jun 11, 2013, 01:12 AM
iphone 4 here
it seems to take a while to downlaod apps. it is slow too. like unresponseive

jafingi
Jun 11, 2013, 01:26 AM
Notice any apps that don't work? I remember that Netflix had issues during previous betas.

The apps I've tried works fine. However, "old" apps doesn't use the new keyboard design. They still use the old design.

I guess developers will have to recompile it to the new API for it to work. But it doesn't make the OS feel streamlined.

Also, one thing that annoys me is that you no longer can dismiss notifications by swiping your finger right/left over it when it comes up... You'll have to wait for it to go away.

Also, even though iCloud is enabled, it apparently didn't sync my calendar appointments.. Have tried disabling it and re-enabling it, but doesn't work... Still an empty calendar.

Oh well.. It's a beta 1 of a complete redesign. LOTS will happen in the following months!

johnxttt
Jun 11, 2013, 01:28 AM
Netflix did have some issue at first, but after some time, it logged me in and is working fine.

staccato83
Jun 11, 2013, 01:35 AM
The apps I've tried works fine. However, "old" apps doesn't use the new keyboard design. They still use the old design.

I guess developers will have to recompile it to the new API for it to work. But it doesn't make the OS feel streamlined.

Also, one thing that annoys me is that you no longer can dismiss notifications by swiping your finger right/left over it when it comes up... You'll have to wait for it to go away.

Also, even though iCloud is enabled, it apparently didn't sync my calendar appointments.. Have tried disabling it and re-enabling it, but doesn't work... Still an empty calendar.

Oh well.. It's a beta 1 of a complete redesign. LOTS will happen in the following months!

You can dismiss notifications by swiping up.

jafingi
Jun 11, 2013, 01:51 AM
You can dismiss notifications by swiping up.

Great!

Ohh, and you can no longer bring up the delete button by swiping right on e.g. messages and emails. You have to swipe left now.

johnxttt
Jun 11, 2013, 01:53 AM
Anyone else getting the "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notifications" prompt when opening apps?? For ex, Instagram, Facebook, etc

arubinst
Jun 11, 2013, 01:56 AM
Is it just me or is iTunes Match not working? I enabled it but my library is still empty.

I have a problem with iTunes Match. It keeps telling me that I won't be able to use it for 90 days because I logged in using another account :rolleyes:

Even worst, iTunes thought I was using Match, so it wouldn't let me sync music. After a fight and a reboot, I finally got iTunes to sync my music manually. But iTunes Match still refuses to activate on my phone.

madmaxmedia
Jun 11, 2013, 02:08 AM
Anyone else getting the "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notifications" prompt when opening apps?? For ex, Instagram, Facebook, etc

I am getting that, and I have no idea what it means.

My 4S is actually connected to iTunes right now, and I still get that message pop up (in Mailbox app, which is also having some issues connecting right now.)

upsguy27
Jun 11, 2013, 02:11 AM

Update on the streaming/downloading iTunes Match issue, it seems it may just be incorrectly implemented rather than being a removed feature over 4G. I had Music randomly crash on me, and when I opened it up again, for about two minutes I had the ability to download songs as if I was on WiFi:

http://i.imgur.com/tZimiLK.png

However, after two minutes, the downloading option went away. :confused:

madmaxmedia
Jun 11, 2013, 02:15 AM
Yes it is.

Maybe by the end of the week I'll be accustomed, but I think this radical change may be a shock to many once they get their hands on the phone - sort off like what happened with Apple Maps.

Every single feature of iOS, and all its functionality is still there, but there is something unpleasant about it.

I just installed. My immediate impression, and this is coming from someone who loved what was shown at the keynote, is very similar to yours. It's very different, which is not bad, but it seems less immediately readable than before.

I didn't have an issue with iOS 6, in a way boring is good because everything is immediately known and obvious, that's not a bad thing for an OS in my opinion. But I was looking forward to iOS 7, and really liked what was shown.

But that's just my immediate first impression, I'm looking forward to giving it a few days. A couple of quickies off the top of my head-

1. The parallax effect on the home screen is more subtle than I thought it would be, its actually not that noticeable (although I understand why it would be that way.)
2. The folder background color is too light, I would prefer it be the same color as when you actually tap and expand a folder (where it then takes on the color of the background due to translucency.)
3. Overall it's not as smooth as iOS 6, not horrible either. Had I actually had a chance to play with this on someone else's phone first, I might have decided to wait on upgrading my own phone. But I don't really regret it either- again I'm looking forward to trying this out.

jafingi
Jun 11, 2013, 02:18 AM
Oh my god, the calendar has become the worst EVER!!

1) In month view (where you see all the days in the month), you can't see if there is an event on that day. All days looks the same (in iOS 6, there was a dot on that date if there was an event).
2) WHEN you click a day, it automatically turns to day-view, where you need to scroll up and down to view the events. Prior to iOS 7, when tapping a day, you got a list of all events that day. No longer! You have to scroll through the whole day to see the events.

This is just sad......

madmaxmedia
Jun 11, 2013, 02:26 AM
EBay app is crashing, gonna delete and re-install...okay that didn't work. Anybody else try the Ebay app?

Mailbox was not connecting, deleting and re-installing fixed that problem.

karter16
Jun 11, 2013, 02:56 AM
Loving the new "Level" feature of the compass app!

Knockoutjosie
Jun 11, 2013, 03:15 AM
Kik and eBay keep crashing

chembox
Jun 11, 2013, 03:22 AM
I find opening folders way too slow now, they need to speed up the animation. Overall it's pretty stable for a b1 release but see no sense in upgrading now.

ste1164
Jun 11, 2013, 03:58 AM
I see two downloads on the apple website for the iPhone 5. One for the A1429 CDMA and one for the A1428 GSM. I have the A1429 GSM, which do I install?

malevolant
Jun 11, 2013, 04:08 AM
I see two downloads on the apple website for the iPhone 5. One for the A1429 CDMA and one for the A1428 GSM. I have the A1429 GSM, which do I install?

A1429 is CDMA/GSM, so A1429

ste1164
Jun 11, 2013, 04:09 AM
A1429 is CDMA/GSM, so A1429

Oh derp thank you very much!

Gav183
Jun 11, 2013, 04:26 AM
Got it, love it :) Never been in on the ground floor before in regards to Beta, and I'm glad I put up the scratch. Query though, this is Beta, what is it missing or is it all here and they'll just tweak it for the GM? N00b question I know but I'm still learning.
Cheers
Gav

Fed
Jun 11, 2013, 04:32 AM
Got it, love it :) Never been in on the ground floor before in regards to Beta, and I'm glad I put up the scratch. Query though, this is Beta, what is it missing or is it all here and they'll just tweak it for the GM? N00b question I know but I'm still learning.
Cheers
Gav

In theory, it should possess all of the features the general release will have. But obviously their engineers can only do so much. So they release the Betas (sometimes Alphas, and etc) so the wider developer community can report bugs they haven't spotted, and to help third-party developers get their apps ready for the update.

inselstudent
Jun 11, 2013, 04:35 AM
Can't deny it's slow like hell on my 4, but battery seems alright

Gav183
Jun 11, 2013, 04:36 AM
In theory, it should possess all of the features the general release will have. But obviously their engineers can only do so much. So they release the Betas (sometimes Alphas, and etc) so the wider developer community can report bugs they haven't spotted, and to help third-party developers get their apps ready for the update.

Cheers mate, good to know.

Gav

guineapig
Jun 11, 2013, 07:01 AM
Things I've noticed:

Some of my music only shows if you go to Songs, but doesn't show under Artists.
Same here, I'm guessing it is more sensitive regarding the songs' Id3 tags. I have to check on iTunes if there's something messed up.

Zombiechow
Jun 11, 2013, 07:18 AM
Skype is a no go.

bushido
Jun 11, 2013, 07:19 AM
What do the push pop up bubbles look like on iOS7 by the way?

screenshot anyone? i cant imagine they r still those glossy blue bubbles which we had since like iOS2?