PDA

View Full Version : [General] iOS 7 beta 1 thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Knockoutjosie
Jun 10, 2013, 02:06 PM
Will be testing it on iPhone 4 shortly.
This thread will be for the Ios 7 Beta 1. Inform us what is glitchy or buggy. Thanks!

If Possible this thread will also be for the upcoming betas to avoid other threads with confusion.

AbSoluTc
Jun 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
Developer site down.

nooaah
Jun 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
How much do I have to pay to get a dev account? $99 still?

Tander
Jun 10, 2013, 02:08 PM
Yup just tried - site is down.
Will give it another go in a few hours.

DAMNiatx
Jun 10, 2013, 02:08 PM
it is still $99

Tander
Jun 10, 2013, 02:09 PM
How much do I have to pay to get a dev account? $99 still?

Yup.

If you just want the iOS and aren't a developer - just wait until public release.

Orlandu
Jun 10, 2013, 02:11 PM
You can sign up as a developer account for free, but you have to pay the $99 fee to get early release downloads and more.

iPhone4UK
Yup.

If you just want the iOS and aren't a developer - just wait until public release.

We all know people wont wait.

OneMike
^ or have a dev add you to their acct

actually I don't even think you needed UDID for ios 6 beta. just for the beta software

iPhone4UK

That's the plan ;)

Risco
No love for Apple TV apparently?

nooaah
Jun 10, 2013, 02:14 PM

actually I don't even think you needed UDID for ios 6 beta. just for the beta software

Oh yeah! Just sent my buddy a msg :D

AbSoluTc
Jun 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
Trying to sign up for a dev account and paying for it right now would be a waste. They are going to be overloaded. I learned that a few years ago.

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 02:15 PM
Do not do this. You need to have your UDID registered or it will mess your phone up.

last year when iOS 6 was in betas you didnt need to have your UDID registered. because i did it like that.

Fed
Jun 10, 2013, 02:16 PM
I have never felt the need to run the Beta, but will this time. Are there any cautions I should be aware of? i.e. apps interference or incompatibility.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 10, 2013, 02:16 PM
Do not do this. You need to have your UDID registered or it will mess your phone up.

It will not! What are you talking about lol..I downloaded the beta last year!!

LucasG
Jun 10, 2013, 02:18 PM

It was fine last year with iOS 6.

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 02:18 PM
Is beta 1 already released?

iPhone4UK
Jun 10, 2013, 02:19 PM
Well rather you than me.

Jest3r
Jun 10, 2013, 02:19 PM

He is correct. The GM is the only beta that will work on a device that is not registered on a developer account. All betas before the GM will only run on a registered device.

gmanist1000
Jun 10, 2013, 02:20 PM
I have never felt the need to run the Beta, but will this time. Are there any cautions I should be aware of? i.e. apps interference or incompatibility.

Yes, it's a beta. Everything might not even work. Expect nothing to work correctly.

iPhone4UK
Jun 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
He is correct. The GM is the only beta that will work on a device that is not registered on a developer account. All betas before the GM will only run on a registered device.

Someone is speaking sense.

Am3r1ca16

so how is it that last year i ran ios 6 beta 1 to GM without having registered my UDID?

jacobss

I'm sure there is a way around for that.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 10, 2013, 02:22 PM

Well he should have been more specific. I ran a beta, more than likely GM, and it worked fine!

AHDuke99
Jun 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
I'll wait to see what others say before I install it on my phone. But it's tempting to this year....

iPhone4UK
Jun 10, 2013, 02:23 PM
Well he should have been more specific. I ran a beta, more than likely GM, and it worked fine!

GM isn't a beta. It's the golden master.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 10, 2013, 02:24 PM
GM isn't a beta. It's the golden master.

Whatever, what I am saying is I ran a beta of iOS6 last year and it WORKED fine! Meaning my phone didnt blow up or anything like that!

iPhone4UK
Jun 10, 2013, 02:25 PM
Whatever, what I am saying is I ran a beta of iOS6 last year and it WORKED fine!

Ok. Thanks bro.

apollo1444
Jun 10, 2013, 02:26 PM
where the hell is my threaD?

Jest3r
Jun 10, 2013, 02:26 PM
so how is it that last year i ran ios 6 beta 1 to GM without having registered my UDID?

Well, either 1: You didn't, or 2: Your UDID was registered.

This isn't rocket science.

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 02:27 PM
When will the Apple Developer website be up again?

Krissypantz2828
Jun 10, 2013, 02:28 PM

There are download links that become available to download the beta...I dont know whats so hard to understand about this. I dont think they are up now though!

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 02:29 PM

There are youtube videos that prove it. Search up dinozamba in youtube. he did a tutorial on how to get iOS 6 beta 1 WITHOUT registering your UDID. So stop thinking you are right.

What's so hard to understand? yeah it isn't rocket science but you are making seem like it is.

flipshot
Jun 10, 2013, 02:30 PM

Probably in a few hours, the fact it is down completely rather than showing a we'll be back message seems to suggest it has buckled under the load.

DDustiNN
Jun 10, 2013, 02:31 PM
Is beta 1 already released?

Not exactly... the dev page won't even load :(

Jest3r
Jun 10, 2013, 02:31 PM
There are download links that become available to download the beta...I dont know whats so hard to understand about this. I dont think they are up now though!

Let me break this down for you. IF you install iOS 7 Beta 1 from an IPSW that you downloaded from the Internet, found on the sidewalk, OR got directly from the Apple developer website, upon installation the device will check with Apple's developer server and verify your UDID is on a registered developer's account. Until that verification is completed with Apple, you have a nice, shiny, expensive paperweight.

If you want to install 7 on a non registered device, be my guest... The reason I am replying in the first place is so that your misinformation does not brick someone's device that doesn't know better.

Enjoy the site.

agtprvctr
Jun 10, 2013, 02:32 PM
Does anyone remember if all the betas of iOS 6 were downgradable? I remember the first couple versions were but I do not know about the rest..

hobsgrg
Jun 10, 2013, 02:33 PM

In every previous year your UDID had to be registered however for iOS 6 the UDID check wasn't applied for any of the builds so people could just download the IPSW file from any of the many unofficial hosting sites and update without paying $99 or money to register their device with someone who does have a developer account. So it's possible people might be able to download and update without being registered for iOS 7 we don't know yet

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 02:34 PM
Let me break this down for you. IF you install iOS 7 Beta 1 from an IPSW that you downloaded from the Internet, found on the sidewalk, OR got directly from the Apple developer website, upon installation the device will check with Apple's developer server and verify your UDID is on a registered developer's account. Until that verification is completed with Apple, you have a nice, shiny, expensive paperweight.

Lmao, so how come I had the iOS 6 betas? I don't have a dev account or a friend with one either

TacticalDesire

They didn't call and say.

Krissypantz2828

Oh ok than! Thats why I was able to successfully do it last year! Fail!

Sven11
The Apple Developer website is back up. More or less.

We'll be back soon

Krissypantz2828
Lmao, so how come I had the iOS 6 betas? I don't have a dev account or a friend with one either

Apparently we must have been dreaming this all up!

AbSoluTc
Jun 10, 2013, 02:37 PM
The Apple Developer website is back up. More or less.

Nah, still not loading.

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 02:41 PM
Nah, still not loading.

Yeah, it's back down again.

eddyecb
Jun 10, 2013, 02:41 PM
So much misinformation, yes ios 6 beta ran on non reg iphones, but that was a glitch and no, attempting to install a beta on a non reg device WILL NOT BRICK YOUR DEVICE, before it can even begin it will throw you a message saying youre device is not eligable blah blah.

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
Someone be a brave, brave soul and make a video showing how to get it so those of us not so high on cash right now can try it lol.

Sonnestah
Jun 10, 2013, 02:44 PM

Hold on, let me ask Tim Cook and I will get back to you shortly

AbSoluTc
Someone be a brave, brave soul and make a video showing how to get it so those of us not so high on cash right now can try it lol.

You don't want to do that honestly.

travisbrowning

If you want to install 7 on a non registered device, be my guest... The reason I am replying in the first place is so that your misinformation does not brick someone's device that doesn't know better.

Enjoy the site.

Do not listen to this just yet. If it's anything like the iOS 6 beta, then you'll be fine.

jacobss
Jun 10, 2013, 02:45 PM
Not exactly... the dev page won't even load :(

Does that mean it was released and everyone is downloading it from the servers?

Defender2010
Jun 10, 2013, 02:46 PM

Enjoy the site.

During iOS 6 betas if you "updated" in iTunes without the device being registered it worked fine. If you tried to "restore" without the device being registered it failed. Plus, there are no paperweights, you can downgrade quite easily if you know how. Get your facts straight before being so opinionated!

tymaster50
You don't want to do that honestly.

What's the worst that could happen?

Krissypantz2828
Well if you download the beta from an unreliable source than yes you will probably sc**w up your device. Other than that it is safe!

the_insider

no it means everyone is still trying to refresh the main page in hopes of downloading.

tymaster50

Krissypantz2828
Jun 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
during ios 6 betas if you "updated" in itunes without the device being registered it worked fine. If you tried to "restore" without the device being registered it failed. Plus, there are no paperweights, you can downgrade quite easily if you know how. Get your facts straight before being so opinionated!

+1

3bs
Jun 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
What's the worst that could happen?

You get banned from this website.

eddyecb
Jun 10, 2013, 02:48 PM
During iOS 6 betas if you "updated" in iTunes without the device being registered it worked fine. If you tried to "restore" without the device being registered it failed. Plus, there are no paperweights, you can downgrade quite easily if you know how. Get your facts straight before being so opinionated!

exactly, QFT

travisbrowning
Jun 10, 2013, 02:49 PM

Exactly! :apple:

Sonnestah
Jun 10, 2013, 02:51 PM
Well if you download the beta from an unreliable source than yes you will probably sc**w up your device. Other than that it is safe!

Safe but unable to restore if its all buggy and messing up your device :D

Stuke00
Jun 10, 2013, 02:52 PM

The first beta worked that way, but when I tried to install beta 4 it failed.

apollo1444
Jun 10, 2013, 02:52 PM

Enjoy the site.

you have no clue what you are saying, there were ways to bypass activation and getting ios 6 without a developer account

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
So much misinformation, yes ios 6 beta ran on non reg iphones, but that was a glitch and no, attempting to install a beta on a non reg device WILL NOT BRICK YOUR DEVICE, before it can even begin it will throw you a message saying youre device is not eligable blah blah.

You can always DFU mode to restore. And you wont have that fancy Paper weight

HaniKingWeb
Jun 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
Dev website is down :mad:

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 02:57 PM
Macrumors is pretty slow too. Well at least I found a back up site when the ipsw's finally get updated. Wonder if it's gonna be the shift update or dfu restore method this time aha

chilibball
Jun 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
Macrumors is pretty slow too. Well at least I found a back up site when the ipsw's finally get updated. Wonder if it's gonna be the shift update or dfu restore method this time aha

What website is this? Assuming you're allowed to share.

Kevin

apollo1444
Jun 10, 2013, 03:00 PM

can i get a pm with the links? :D

chrf097
Jun 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
What website is this? Assuming you're allowed to share.

Kevin

Probably http://www.google.com since literally hundreds of sites will link to it. :rolleyes:

naltst*
Jun 10, 2013, 03:09 PM
Wow what a crazy argument? People are actually arguing about whether you nedd your UDID registered for a beta that noone has downloaded yet! iOS 5 you did, iOS 6 you didn't, iOS 7 who knows?

springsup
Jun 10, 2013, 03:09 PM

Really, I'd advise against it. It isn't ready.

The reason Apple have these developer preview releases is so that developers can write apps that take advantage of the new APIs. That means that when it's released to the public, they'll have apps that integrate with the look of the system and take advantage of the new features from day one. It's also important for finding bugs (and believe me, there can be big ones!)

That said, the preview releases (especially the earlier ones) are typically really buggy. Don't be surprised if it crashes every time you try to make a call, WiFi doesn't work, or any other catastrophic things like that. If it was ready it would be shipping today.

At the very least, you should wait to hear what the stability of the preview is like before installing.

chilibball
Jun 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
Probably http://www.google.com since literally hundreds of sites will link to it. :rolleyes:

Good call. My Apple mind is present, not my intelligent mind!

Kevin

JCCL
Jun 10, 2013, 03:10 PM

The reason Apple have these developer preview releases is so that developers can write apps that take advantage of the new APIs. That means that when it's released to the public, they'll have apps that integrate with the look of the system and take advantage of the new features from day one. It's also important for finding bugs (and believe me, there can be big ones!)

That said, the preview releases (especially the earlier ones) are typically really buggy. Don't be surprised if it crashes every time you try to make a call, WiFi doesn't work, or any other catastrophic things like that. If it was ready it would be shipping today.

At the very least, you should wait to hear what the stability of the preview is like before installing.

I don't know why people get so scared about this, you can always downgrade from a Beta to the last stable reléase........

3bs
Jun 10, 2013, 03:12 PM
I don't know why people get so scared about this, you can always downgrade from a Beta to the last stable reléase........

Are you sure about that? How would you be when it's not out yet?

bumblehat
Jun 10, 2013, 03:13 PM

This is mostly balderdash. I've had a developer account since the beginning, and loaded the betas immediately upon release. There are bugs here and there, but I've never had an issue with any of the core functionalities (phone, text, email) or core apps.

It's a beta release, not an alpha or pre-alpha build. It's pretty much > 75% of the way of being a final release, and most people can deal with a little bugginess as a trade off for the vastly improved (and long overdue) OS overhaul.

mwxiao
Jun 10, 2013, 03:16 PM

Very fair statement.

inselstudent
Jun 10, 2013, 03:18 PM

dunno if jccl is, but I am definitely sure. you can install versions of ios as long as they are still being signed by apple, and ios 6.1.3/4 will stop being signed on the day of the public release of ios 7, which will take quite some time (2-3 months?)...

apollo1444
Jun 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
guys does anyone know if I can carry over my contents from iOS 6? to iOS 7? or do I have to set it up as new?

JCCL
Jun 10, 2013, 03:19 PM

COnsidering that was doable in iOS 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6......don't see why it wouldn't be.....Some people think that updating to a Beta OS is more dangerous than running in a bad neighborhood with 10K in cash in hand, but whatever.....Most of the times is completely reversible.

gmanist1000
Jun 10, 2013, 03:21 PM

iOS 6 had one of the most stable beta's out of all the beta's. Who knows though with iOS 7. Guess we will find out soon.

----------

guys does anyone know if I can carry over my contents from iOS 6? to iOS 7? or do I have to set it up as new?

You should be able to restore from a backup.

Boofster
Jun 10, 2013, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have the beta ipsw on Akamai or a file sharing site?

Dev is down :(

(Still needs beta account to activate so don't everyone yell at me)

yanki01
can you put the newsstand app in a folder?

springsup
This is mostly balderdash. I've had a developer account since the beginning, and loaded the betas immediately upon release. There are bugs here and there, but I've never had an issue with any of the core functionalities (phone, text, email) or core apps.

It's a beta release, not an alpha or pre-alpha build. It's pretty much > 75% of the way of being a final release, and most people can deal with a little bugginess as a trade off for the vastly improved (and long overdue) OS overhaul.

Not at all - here's just one thread about issues people had with iOS 6 b1 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1384604). Here's one random guy's post (from p11):

1. The main issues is that every time I try and make or receive a call it'll immediately go into Speaker Phone mode (icon is blue) but sound will not come from the speaker, or from the earpiece. I switch speaker phone off and the same problem. This happens about 90% of the time. I thought it was a hardware fault but its not.

2. Battery is super fast to drain away. 100% will last only about 6 hours when doing nothing on the phone.

3. Phone is very hot sometimes. not to hot to touch but getting there.

Whereas others claim no issues at all. The point is that it's very inconsistent. That's why it's a beta. Stop promising people stability - even if it seems fine to you, it won't necessarily be like that for others.

ct2k7
Jun 10, 2013, 03:23 PM
Does anyone have the beta ipsw on Akamai or a file sharing site?

Dev is down :(

(Still needs beta account to activate so don't everyone yell at me)

No.

zemaker
Jun 10, 2013, 03:24 PM
Are the links out yet? I can't get Apple Developer site to load.

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 03:24 PM
Nobody can even get on the site now. People need to stop trying!

Hustle
Jun 10, 2013, 03:25 PM
I've been trying to get onto the dev center to download iOS 7 but the servers have buckled under the load.

Guess it'll be a while before most get to download and install it.

JCCL
Jun 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
Not at all - here's just one thread about issues people had with iOS 6 b1 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1384604). Here's one random guy's post (from p11):

Whereas others claim no issues at all. The point is that it's very inconsistent. That's why it's a beta. Stop promising people stability - even if it seems fine to you, it won't necessarily be like that for others.

And if you don't get stability, you just downgrade back to the previous stable versión, no harm done.......

nooaah
Jun 10, 2013, 03:26 PM
Nobody can even get on the site now. People need to stop trying!

It just loaded for me. Sort of. No links.

bumblehat
Jun 10, 2013, 03:30 PM
Not at all - here's just one thread about issues people had with iOS 6 b1 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1384604). Here's one random guy's post (from p11)

You're citing "one random guy's post" as evidence that the iOS 6 beta was unstable? Ha. It was one of the most stable betas I have ever seen (and I, for my part, had zero issues - so now we have matching sample sets to draw inferences from.)

Where did I "promise" stability? Obviously, a beta is a beta. The bottom line is that most people, developers or otherwise, will take the trade off of a few bugs in exchange for the new OS.

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 03:32 PM
It just loaded for me. Sort of. No links.

and back down now lol. Ima just try it at like 8pm when all the sites have the ipsw up. Like Cydia when evasi0n came out, if you even got to download the program, cydia would be slow as balls

nooaah
Jun 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
and back down now lol. Ima just try it at like 8pm when all the sites have the ipsw up. Like Cydia when evasi0n came out, if you even got to download the program, cydia would be slow as balls

I just got in. The full page loaded. Just takes a half hour!

https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

retrospek
Jun 10, 2013, 03:35 PM
Everyone - can you get off of the developer site - I need to get in :D

tymaster50
Jun 10, 2013, 03:35 PM
I just got in. The full page loaded. Just takes a half hour!

https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

no beta links up?

rmwebs
Jun 10, 2013, 03:39 PM
Everyone - can you get off of the developer site - I need to get in :D

Join the queue and take a ticket :P

Gutwrench
Jun 10, 2013, 03:42 PM
Yup.

If someone from the general public wants to sign up and pay the fee just like a developer, it's no skin off my nose. Who cares?

limesmoothie
Jun 10, 2013, 03:45 PM
can you put the newsstand app in a folder?

Forget that, can you delete the Stocks app?

masti13harsh
Jun 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
Just recently joined the apple developer program for iOS (paid) and have. Started to make some basic apps... Would like to try out the new beta but can I just revert back to 6.1.4 iPhone 5 after just trying??

JCCL
Jun 10, 2013, 03:50 PM
Just recently joined the apple developer program for iOS (paid) and have. Started to make some basic apps... Would like to try out the new beta but can I just revert back to 6.1.4 iPhone 5 after just trying??

Most likely yes.

unobtainium
Jun 10, 2013, 03:51 PM

Enjoy the site.

You keep saying this but it hasn't been confirmed. People keep trying to tell you that iOS 6 betas didn't require UDID registration (I can confirm that). Apple may have decided they'd rather not have a bunch of bricked devices carried around by fanboys. Or maybe they'll reinstitute the UDID check this year. No one knows yet. (My guess is they won't.)

masti13harsh
Jun 10, 2013, 03:51 PM
Most likely yes.

Is it just like a click on the restore in iTunes or have to take a different way??

AbSoluTc
Jun 10, 2013, 03:52 PM
If anyone is able to download the iPhone 5 iOS 7 beta - can you link me/message me? I know some are getting it, most are not. I am only so patient! :D lol

Developer here.

Hustle
Jun 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
I'm a new'ish registered developer. My UDID is registered.

Can only direct me where to go on the dev center to download the iOS 7 file? It's too slow to click around looking for it, and I've never downloaded an iOS file before.

Thanks. :)

unobtainium
Jun 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
If someone from the general public wants to sign up and pay the fee just like a developer, it's no skin off my nose. Who cares?

Yes, exactly - and if they brick their device or screw something up and come whining to the forums for help, either help them or don't.

Every single year during beta season I get sick of the continual smug comments from devs about non-devs using betas. It's gonna happen, might as well just shrug your shoulders.

c0mm0n
Jun 10, 2013, 03:56 PM
It's not out, chill out

yanki01
Jun 10, 2013, 03:57 PM
Forget that, can you delete the Stocks app?

that too.

jozeppy26
Jun 10, 2013, 03:57 PM
Yes, exactly - and if they brick their device or screw something up and come whining to the forums for help, either help them or don't.

Every single year during beta season I get sick of the continual smug comments from devs about non-devs using betas. It's gonna happen, might as well just shrug your shoulders.

Same here.

xero9
Jun 10, 2013, 03:59 PM
I'm a registered dev but can't even access developer.apple.com :/

Can't find anything on the groups or torrents either. /sigh

Vundu
Jun 10, 2013, 04:01 PM

If your a dev just wait for apple.com :rolleyes:

AbSoluTc
Jun 10, 2013, 04:01 PM

Yeah, same here. Site is dead for me anyways.

haXis
Jun 10, 2013, 04:04 PM
Am I the only one who is more interested whats new in the Xcode? :D

Garrett67
Jun 10, 2013, 04:05 PM
Nevermind..

Its probably against the rules to post that.

JCCL
Is it just like a click on the restore in iTunes or have to take a different way??

Pretty much the sense, you can just put the iPhone in recovery mode and restore in iTunes. It will install the latest official release if it is anything like last betas.

3bs
If your a dev just wait for apple.com :rolleyes:

Read post #111 in this thread.

cualexander
Jun 10, 2013, 04:09 PM
People who advocate upgrading to the latest iOS 7 build without paying $99 are advocating theft. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with the price or whatever justification you try to come up with, it's still theft. I wish Apple would brick the phones of people who try that because they would have absolutely no right to complain about it.

TouchMint.com
Jun 10, 2013, 04:10 PM
With iOS 6 beta you couldnt test apps on xcode unless you upgrade to the xcode beta. Once you upgraded to the xcode beta you couldnt submit apps to the store. So in summary it was anti development to test beta unless you had an extra testing device.

jozeppy26
Jun 10, 2013, 04:10 PM
People who advocate upgrading to the latest iOS 7 build without paying $99 are advocating theft. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with the price or whatever justification you try to come up with, it's still theft. I wish Apple would brick the phones of people who try that because they would have absolutely no right to complain about it.

No right to complain? I agree. You wish apple would brick their phones? Get off your high horse.

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 04:12 PM

Let people do what they want. You live YOUR life and stop worrying about others.

KattDaDon
Jun 10, 2013, 04:13 PM
You guys are all wrong. You can install beta iOS on you device without registering by holding the atl/option key and select check for updates not restore. When you hold the atl/option key and select restore after it installs it will not activate because it will tell you have to be a developer

Vundu
Jun 10, 2013, 04:14 PM

Quick chaps the internet police are here.

slapguts
Jun 10, 2013, 04:16 PM

"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas."-Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds (1996)

rmwebs
Jun 10, 2013, 04:18 PM
Anyone had any luck getting on the dev site yet? Not managed to load it at all since the keynote.

stephen1108
Jun 10, 2013, 04:18 PM

Get outta here with that mess.

http://i.minus.com/i7nZPKD31rZLg.gif

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 04:19 PM
Anyone had any luck getting on the dev site yet? Not managed to load it at all since the keynote.

Was able to load it 10 times but couldn't go anywhere,not even login,when they said it was released today they meant it 11:59pm didn't they?

cualexander
Jun 10, 2013, 04:20 PM
Quick chaps the internet police are here.

I'm not saying don't do it. You can do it if you want. Just don't pretend like it is a moral thing to do or complain when you screw up your phone.

gmanist1000

I don't think anyone has gotten in yet.

KattDaDon

Enjoy the site.

Well let me break it down to you mr. know it all that only applies to holding the shift for windows or atl/option key on mac and selecting restore to the updated beta. When you hold the atl/option key and check for updates it updates your software and baseband and there you have iOS beta software on your phone but if you do run into problems and have to restore you will not be able to active your phone or use it because after it restore it will then realize your not a register user. Like how many beta iOS software do we have to go through this topic. Like seriously

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 04:21 PM
Was able to load it 10 times but couldn't go anywhere,not even login,when they said it was released today they meant it 11:59pm didn't they?

Who knows? Maybe it's released but since we all won't stop refreshing that web page (and I'm not saying we should) it can't appear

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 04:22 PM
Is is still worth waiting for the Dev website to come back up again or will it take hours?

chekz0414
Jun 10, 2013, 04:23 PM
Still waiting for it to come back up... -_-

KattDaDon
Jun 10, 2013, 04:24 PM
+1

1+

hovscorpion12
Jun 10, 2013, 04:26 PM
I see the we'll be back soon page. It should beautiful live in a few hours.

dspalton
Jun 10, 2013, 04:27 PM
showing back soon now

Dave

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 04:28 PM
well, let's all watch the BF4 multiplayer event

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 04:29 PM
Showing failed to open page for me.

chekz0414
Jun 10, 2013, 04:29 PM
Do you guys think that beta 1 will be out for iPhone AND iPod touch today? because then we would be waiting on iPad ones later

KattDaDon
Jun 10, 2013, 04:30 PM
I believe we can do whatever we want with our phone. Wether it's install beta software or customize it, jailbreak it or whatever so stop with the none sense please

AbSoluTc
Jun 10, 2013, 04:31 PM
well, let's all watch the BF4 multiplayer event

Only saw the single player - did they show multiplayer?

AnthonySmith
Jun 10, 2013, 04:35 PM
I'm getting "We'll be back soon."

Sven11
Ok, showing we'll be back soon for me as well now. But when is soon?

DMH3006
Developer website is up and shows iOS and Mavericks

edit:crap down again.

cualexander
Jun 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
I believe we can do whatever we want with our phone. Wether it's install beta software or customize it, jailbreak it or whatever so stop with the none sense please

What is none sense exactly? Please do explain.

Sonnestah

obviously :D

gmanist1000

edit:crap down again.

Got me excited...

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 04:37 PM

Yeah, but Dev center is down.

ECUPeeDee14
Jun 10, 2013, 04:37 PM
Any word on if there is a quick reply system or not? Pretty much every functional jailbreak tweak as been integrated at this point.

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 04:39 PM
Any word on if there is a quick reply system or not? Pretty much every functional jailbreak tweak as been integrated at this point.

No one has even been able to start downloading the ipsw so they can't answer any questions.

KattDaDon
Site is up and running but i'm getting a we'll be back soon

ionjohn
It'll be up in less than 2 hours

Lunfai
Jun 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
Developer is up!

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
It'll be up in less than 2 hours

Where did you get that information from?

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
Where did you get that information from?

sorry, just guessing

Redbeard25
Jun 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
So where can I get the ipsw for an iPhone 4S?

Not that I'd be trying to install it today or anything... :)

Am3r1ca16
Jun 10, 2013, 04:43 PM
Developer is up!

Are you Able to download ios 7 beta?

Lunfai
Jun 10, 2013, 04:43 PM
Are you Able to download ios 7 beta?

Nope. Some pages are still being maintained.

XboxMySocks
Jun 10, 2013, 04:45 PM
Wait... so it's compatible with A4 and higher? I thought it was only for A6 devices...

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
Wait... so it's compatible with A4 and higher? I thought it was only for A6 devices...

iPhone 4 and up,iPad 2 and later and last gen iPod Touch(basically any device with 512MB of RAM or more)

cualexander

Certain features are only compatible with the newer devices is my understanding

Lunfai

AirDrop is A6 only.

HaniKingWeb
Apple Developer Center Now
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=416362&stc=1&d=1370900765

lsutigerfan1976
Developer is up!

Are you sure? I finally load the site, but when you try to log in or anything. It shows a We'll be back soon page for me?

JWalker1995
Jun 10, 2013, 04:48 PM
THE MAIN DEVELOPER PAGE IS NOW ACTIVE

http://i39.tinypic.com/312cvog.png

all the links do not work as of yet

EDIT

THE MAVERIC PAGE NOW WORKS!

http://i42.tinypic.com/kdabz8.png

iOS 7 aswell

http://i44.tinypic.com/eknero.png

Enjoy!

DMH3006
AirDrop is A6 only.

iPad mini is A5 and so is the iPod Touch 5th gen and they're able of Air Drop,Air drop is restricted to devices launched in late 2012(those with the 5Ghz wifi antenna I think)

eddyecb
apparently devs who were at wwdc were able to download the beta and install it

Tubamajuba
Jun 10, 2013, 04:49 PM
Alright, here's the deal. Lots of misinformation from both sides.

iOS 5 and iOS 6 both had a relatively smooth and stable beta process. It's likely that iOS 7 will continue this trend. I know I personally had zero major issues with either iOS 5 or 6, even in beta 1.

Either way, you are assuming a certain amount of risk by installing a beta version of iOS on your phone. Apple is not responsible for any data loss that may occur, nor are app developers responsible for fixing any bugs that pre-release iOS 7 users may experience. If you install iOS 7 beta 1, expect a very good, polished experience- but be prepared for bugs and app crashes everywhere. We just don't know at this point.

TL;DR- Install iOS 7 at your own risk. It's probably okay to use, but don't get upset if it isn't.

Lunfai
Jun 10, 2013, 04:49 PM
Are you sure? I finally load the site, but when you try to log in or anything. It shows a We'll be back soon page for me?

the iOS page is loading slow and disconnecting, but here's:

http://cl.ly/image/1e3I1v1B0g09/hmm.png

Hustle
Jun 10, 2013, 04:50 PM
I'm in!

Sven11
Downloading ipsw now!!!!!!

Edit: Wrong one. iOS 7 still not downloadable.

Edit 2: Found it!

Reach9
I really like the overall functionality and UI of iOS 7.

But they did a bad job with the icons, like really? Even I can do a better job at designing Flat UI icons. What were they thinking?

The icons that i cannot stand are:

-Photos
-Camera
-Reminders
-Stocks
-Newsstand
-Settings
-Safari

Also, did anyone else feel like the back arrow button in the UI was too big compared to the text?

These icons look like they were done years ago. Nothing modern about it. It's very much possible to make a modern looking minimal flat UI.

I beg every single developer to complain to Apple about the icons! Please share this with any developers you know who feel the same!

---

Also, are the wallpapers live? Like the Nexus ones?

mmomega
Jun 10, 2013, 04:51 PM
and we're off...

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 04:52 PM
iOS 7 page now works

Lunfai
Jun 10, 2013, 04:52 PM
Works now.

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
guys post links

bindle
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/7669/screenshot20130610at252.png

robE89
Upload the ipsw for the mortals also :(

chrismarle
and we're off...

is it an AT&T link? If so, can you provide the link in PM?

I'll gladly give you a proof that I'm a dev.

jafingi
Jun 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
Downloading beta for iPhone 5 now.. 2 minutes remaining!

DMH3006
Upload the ipsw for the mortals also :(

Screw the upload,just post links:D

Sven11
Download taking forever of course. But maybe it's just my WiFi.

KattDaDon
Downloading now :D:D:D

jpitcairn
Jun 10, 2013, 04:55 PM
just installed the mobile device installer file. Not sure what it done though....

cyda
Jun 10, 2013, 04:56 PM
link please guys:(

XboxMySocks
Jun 10, 2013, 04:57 PM
Alright, here's the deal. Lots of misinformation from both sides.

iOS 5 and iOS 6 both had a relatively smooth and stable beta process. It's likely that iOS 7 will continue this trend. I know I personally had zero major issues with either iOS 5 or 6, even in beta 1.

Either way, you are assuming a certain amount of risk by installing a beta version of iOS on your phone. Apple is not responsible for any data loss that may occur, nor are app developers responsible for fixing any bugs that pre-release iOS 7 users may experience. If you install iOS 7 beta 1, expect a very good, polished experience- but be prepared for bugs and app crashes everywhere. We just don't know at this point.

TL;DR- Install iOS 7 at your own risk. It's probably okay to use, but don't get upset if it isn't.

Like someone else said, "Assume that nothing will work correctly."

startoz
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_5_model_a1428__11a4372q.dmg
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_5_model_a1429__11a4372q.dmg
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4s__11a4372q.dmg
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4_gsm_rev_a__11a4372q.dmg
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4_gsm__11a4372q.dmg
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4_cdma__11a4372q.dmg
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__ipod_touch_5th_generation__11a4372q.zip
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/mobiledevice_installer_package_mac.dmg

Lunfai
Installing..... zzzz

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 04:58 PM
iPhone 5 1428: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_5_model_a1428__11a4372q.dmg

iPhone 5 1429: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_5_model_a1429__11a4372q.dmg

iPhone 4S: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4s__11a4372q.dmg

iPhone 4 GSM Rev A: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4_gsm_rev_a__11a4372q.dmg

iPhone 4 GSM: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4_gsm__11a4372q.dmg

iPhone 4 CDMA: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_4_cdma__11a4372q.dmg

iPod: https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__ipod_touch_5th_generation__11a4372q.zip

Hustle
Model A1428 iPhone 5
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_5_model_a1428__11a4372q.dmg

Model A1429 iPhone 5
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2013/ios_7_beta/ios_7_beta__iphone_5_model_a1429__11a4372q.dmg

Might not work if you're not logged into dev center.

gmanist1000
Download taking forever of course. But maybe it's just my WiFi.

Probably your Wi-Fi. I'm getting a constat 2.2 Mbps

rezzo
Jun 10, 2013, 04:59 PM
It's like xmas! :D

KattDaDon
Jun 10, 2013, 04:59 PM
imodzone is back :D:D:D for my non devs

Lunfai
Jun 10, 2013, 05:00 PM

Agree, mine was downloading at 3100 kbps.

Am3r1ca16
Now that you're able to download iOS 7 beta 1 can someone confirm if you're able to install the beta without registering your UDID?

Shockwave78
are any of these the verizon iphone 5???

Fed
Hm, can't see my iPhone 5 model.

From my Settings: MD298B/A. On Vodafone UK.

Arline
can we install these without registering the UDID with a developer account?

I'm getting access denied for the download links.

Lunfai
Now that you're able to download iOS 7 beta 1 can someone confirm if you're able to install the beta without registering your UDID?

Nope, you will need to have a registered UDID.

Sven11
Jun 10, 2013, 05:01 PM

Getting 1 Mbps.

Shockwave78
Jun 10, 2013, 05:01 PM

just register dude, its like $3-$5 at a number of places...

PlatinuM195
Jun 10, 2013, 05:02 PM
Could someone post a screenshot of what notifications look like? They didn't seem to show any in the keynote.

Also, there wouldn't happen to be a quick reply for iMessage would there? Similar to what they demoed for OS X.

DMH3006
are any of these the verizon iphone 5???

Choose the A1429 version.

itismadhan
imodzone is back :D:D:D for my non devs

Doesn't have download links though

ionjohn
Jun 10, 2013, 05:03 PM
anyone got links outside of apples?

KattDaDon
Jun 10, 2013, 05:03 PM
Doesn't have download links though

Not yet but its an alternative for non devs

Spartan23R
Jun 10, 2013, 05:05 PM
What version do I need to download for the iPhone 5 gsm version? (holland)

// nvm, i need A1429

FrankieG889D
anyone got links outside of apples?Probably going to be a few minutes, gotta be downloaded then uploaded somewhere.

apollo1444
Hm, can't see my iPhone 5 model.

From my Settings: MD298B/A. On Vodafone UK.

it's on the back of you phone...

----------

can you PM me one of those placeS? I know there are plenty but they look kind of shady

Hustle
Jun 10, 2013, 05:06 PM
Download complete.

Lets get this installed! :)

Nikos
Almost finished installing! :D

Reach9
Can anyone post the .PSD of the entire UI? or is that not allowed?

Fed
it's on the back of you phone..

Didn't know that. Thanks.

bindle
Jun 10, 2013, 05:07 PM
...and we're in!

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/9172/img0001dd.pnghttp://imageshack.us/a/img856/6718/img0002yz.png

blasto2236
ZOMG, even the loading bar looks flatter! :eek:

Seriously though, it does. Installing now!

Brian Y
You need your UUID registered.

What's odd is that you don't need a new version of iTunes, but there is a MobileDevice Installer update. Seems like an odd way of doing it.

Am3r1ca16

I did. Im waiting for them to register my UDID . But I want to know if you can install it anyways

KattDaDon
What version do I need to download for the iPhone 5 gsm version? (holland)

// nvm, i need A1429

If your iPhone is GSM you select version A1428 not A1429

ionjohn
...and we're in!

Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img802/9172/img0001dd.png)Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img856/6718/img0002yz.png)

thanks dude!

chembox
Jun 10, 2013, 05:09 PM
...and we're in!

Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img802/9172/img0001dd.png)Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img856/6718/img0002yz.png)
Ugh, I thought Apple was going to remove the Carrier name, it takes up so much space and who needs to remember/know they're signed up for T-Mobile?

Spartan23R

Back of my iphone says A1429 tho ?

DMH3006

Wrong,if is phone is GSM but he is not in the US he chooses A1429(international GSM)

Hustle
Jun 10, 2013, 05:10 PM

I thought all UK iPhone networks are GSM, but my phone is A1429...

BigBeast
Jun 10, 2013, 05:10 PM
Is there anyone willing to add a long time, non-troll, Apple respecting, macrumors forum helping, all around nice guy (me) to their dev acc for iOs and Mac OS X?

Background: I'm a 30 y/o non-trad premed major reaching his senior year, that's responsible, follows rules, and has common sense. I love tech and want to explore deeper into developing/debugging for Mac OS X and iOS, but probably won't ever go past the hobby phase.

If anyone is feeling generous, I'd appreciate it. Just PM me. If not, try not to flame me too hard for being broke, but still wanting to try something new. ;)

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 05:11 PM
Is there anyone willing to add a long time, non-troll, Apple respecting, macrumors forum helping, all around nice guy (me) to their dev acc for iOs and Mac OS X?

Background: I'm a 30 y/o non-trad premed major reaching his senior year that's responsible, follows rules, and has common sense. I love tech and want to explore how it feels to try digging deeper into developing/debugging for Mac OS X and iOS, but probably won't ever go past the hobby phase.

If anyone is feeling generous, I'd appreciate it. Just PM me. If not, try not to flame me too hard for being broke, but still wanting to try something new. ;)

2012 retina MBP and you claim to be broke? I must be beneath broke level then :D

KattDaDon
Wrong,if is phone is GSM but he is not in the US he chooses A1429(international GSM)

Oh didn't know you had an international GSM iphone sorry :confused:

ionjohn

Background: I'm a 30 y/o non-trad premed major reaching his senior year that's responsible, follows rules, and has common sense. I love tech and want to explore how it feels to try digging deeper into developing/debugging for Mac OS X and iOS, but probably won't ever go past the hobby phase.

What the hell? It's like $2, there's broke and there's freaking poor or doesn't want spend ****

humar
Can I install iOS 6 after installing iOS 7 Beta 1 if something went wrong?

Tubamajuba
Jun 10, 2013, 05:12 PM
Like someone else said, "Assume that nothing will work correctly."

I saw that, and I agree with the sentiment. I just wanted to point out that even though that's the mentality you should assume when you go into this process, most things will work just fine, in all likelihood.

Nikos
http://www.nikostoscani.com/random/settingsios7.PNG

Settings.

Sven11
Download complete. Installing now.

davidnyjets
Can I install iOS 6 after installing iOS 7 Beta 1 if something went wrong?

I don't think you can revert back to any iOS 6 version.

redman042
Jun 10, 2013, 05:13 PM
Nice!

Is Spotlight still there?

msuman
Jun 10, 2013, 05:13 PM
Looks like some customization for control centre.

DDustiNN
Jun 10, 2013, 05:14 PM
Wow... downloading EXTREMELY slow for me :(

I'm getting about 60 KB/s. Usually I get 2 MB/s.

And it's not my wi-fi, because I just looked on speedtest.net and it gives me 14 Mbps speed.

c0mm0n

You can with xcode. Apple clearly say otherwise on the download page.

Hustle

Background: I'm a 30 y/o non-trad premed major reaching his senior year, that's responsible, follows rules, and has common sense. I love tech and want to explore deeper into developing/debugging for Mac OS X and iOS, but probably won't ever go past the hobby phase.

You sound like a nice guy..... ;)

shoes222

That is not true. You can go back to iOS 6.1.3 at any time, as Apple is still signing it.

DDustiNN
Jun 10, 2013, 05:15 PM

It always says that on the site, simply because Apple is dismissing responsibility for anything that may go wrong. But last year plenty of people were downgrading with zero issues.

The only way to know this time is to wait and see if anyone is able to downgrade successfully.

davidnyjets
Jun 10, 2013, 05:15 PM
That is not true. You can go back to iOS 6.1.3 at any time, as Apple is still signing it.

Good news then. Thanks for the update.

humar
Jun 10, 2013, 05:16 PM
Good news then. Thanks for the update.

thanks!

Reach9
Jun 10, 2013, 05:17 PM
Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img856/6718/img0002yz.png)

Just when i thought it couldn't look worse. But i'm hoping that the final build looks much better than this.

Nice!

Is Spotlight still there?

I was wondering the same, what happened to it?

ihonda
so much for the carrier logo not being there

Shockwave78
People...use your brain....where is the most obvious place on earth to buy something...

KattDaDon
Jun 10, 2013, 05:18 PM
nevermind

imodzone or atfdl

cambookpro
Jun 10, 2013, 05:19 PM
Image (http://www.nikostoscani.com/random/settingsios7.PNG)

Settings.

Can you post the Wallpaper pane of Settings? Want to see what new ones they've included :p

Thanks

nhlfreak98
...and we're in!

Isn't it supposed to hide the carrier name? And can you put up a pic of the inside of the settings app

Bill Killer
People...use your brain....where is the most obvious place on earth to buy something...

Torrents?

limesmoothie
Jun 10, 2013, 05:20 PM
If only there were some sort of website, where people may trade goods in exchange for payment...:rolleyes:

BigBeast
2012 retina MBP and you claim to be broke? I must be beneath broke level then :D

It was a gift- a very generous one. Thankfully, my family has been helping me through.

What the hell? It's like $2, there's broke and there's freaking poor or doesn't want spend ****

I thought it's $99/ year for each- iOS and Mac OS X? Where can I get it for $2?

Dwalls90

Yes you can.

dhy8386
You will need your udid registered. Saw a twitter post that showed ios7 activation error screen cause iphone not registered