PDA

View Full Version : Would it be unreasonable to cry?

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 02:30 PM
I am so happy right now. :o iOS 7 is everything that it should be. People can argue and say we should've had X and Y years ago; it's here now. :apple:

Nikos
Jun 10, 2013, 02:39 PM
I was literally ecstatic during the reveal video.

luminouslight
Jun 10, 2013, 02:39 PM
I am so happy right now. :o iOS 7 is everything that it should be. People can argue and say we should've had X and Y years ago; it's here now. :apple:

Not til Fall to be exact, which seems sooo far off now ugh. I was hoping they'd say coming next week! lol.

1member1
Jun 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
well i'm not with jailbreak since ios 6 but ios 7 just gave me everything i needed from the jailbreak (sbsettings).

7enderbender
Jun 10, 2013, 02:43 PM

Really? How do you know that? Yeah, they've changed the look of it (not for the better but who cares) and added a few relatively useless gizmos.

I've yet to see any significant changes to the stuff that bugs me - like the Apple mail app. Meanwhile I'll just wait and see.

Is there a way to block my iPhone 5 from automatically updating to this? I'd rather have other people test this first while I remain operational (as much as that can be said with respect to the mail app and the ups and downs of iCloud push...)

johndallas999
Jun 10, 2013, 02:45 PM

Ummm...seriously? No wonder people make fun of Apple users.

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
Ummm...seriously? No wonder people make fun of Apple users.

I don't care what people think of me to be frank. And while this post was made in jest, I am extremely excited about it. Things *I* care about were adressed. Easy toggles, UI overhaul, better Siri.

Do not chastise me for being passionate about what I love. Thanks. :apple:

davidjearly
Jun 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
I don't care what people think of me to be frank. And while this post was made in jest, I am extremely excited about it. Things *I* care about were adressed. Easy toggles, UI overhaul, better Siri.

You're not alone! That's why we're here; a passion for technology and design.

carfac
Jun 10, 2013, 03:02 PM
I like the technical additi0ns to ios 7... but the design is boring. Getting older and mist wear glasses now, font hard to read. honestly, looks like design from the web in 1996-7

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
I like the technical additi0ns to ios 7... but the design is boring. Getting older and mist wear glasses now, font hard to read. honestly, looks like design from the web in 1996-7

They claim it's easier and bigger to read. Perhaps a physical preview will alter your opinion.

Edit: #dyslexic

carfac
Jun 10, 2013, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=iBreatheApple;17385043]They claim it's easier and bigger to read. Perhaps a physical preview will alter your opinion.

its thinner. It blurs easier. Trust me, harder to read for old eyes...

Tarzanman
Jun 10, 2013, 03:32 PM
I can see it both ways.

On the one hand, some of the new features are helpful improvements... and improvements are always welcome.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who yearn for the days when iOS was the most powerful option available for a mobile computing device, making it hard to be satisfied by the lack of additions that leapfog offerings from Android.

KUguardgrl13
Jun 10, 2013, 03:37 PM
Is there a way to block my iPhone 5 from automatically updating to this? I'd rather have other people test this first while I remain operational (as much as that can be said with respect to the mail app and the ups and downs of iCloud push...)

Updates don't automatically happen. Lots of people waited on iOS 6. I was in the apple store a while back and some lady hadn't updated her iPhone since iOS 5.

7enderbender
Jun 10, 2013, 03:44 PM
Updates don't automatically happen. Lots of people waited on iOS 6. I was in the apple store a while back and some lady hadn't updated her iPhone since iOS 5.

That's good to know. Thanks

VulchR
Jun 10, 2013, 03:47 PM

Must. Get. Perspective.

GenesisST
Jun 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
In the grand scheme of things, it's just a freaking phone/tablet os...

That said, other than the safari icon, I do like what I saw.

GoCubsGo
Jun 10, 2013, 03:50 PM
Must. Get. Perspective.

Absolutely!

While excited, I am not moved ... not even a little. I guess logic rules me.

7enderbender
Jun 10, 2013, 03:52 PM

That's exactly it. Not that I care much about design in this sense and simpler is better. But still. This does look dated indeed.

IsaacM
Jun 10, 2013, 03:58 PM
It truly is a victorious moment for all iOS fans :apple: Android and Blackberry are done.

MacBookPro13"
Jun 10, 2013, 04:10 PM

Logged in just so I could up-vote this post.

iBreatheApple
Jun 10, 2013, 04:12 PM
Logged in just so I could up-vote this post.

Thanks for the support. :):apple:

desertman
Jun 10, 2013, 04:17 PM
Would it be unreasonable to cry?
Not at all, but for different reasons. I think it is a shame that there are still no multiple user accounts and no free choice of default apps.

virginblue4
Jun 10, 2013, 04:19 PM

I agree. I was so happy watching them unveil everything, I believe it is the perfect OS.

And do you know what? Stuff all the haters here. You're entitled to your own opinion and I fell the same way you do.

desertman
Jun 10, 2013, 04:20 PM
Getting older and must wear glasses now, font hard to read.
Second that!

DMH3006
Jun 10, 2013, 04:24 PM
Not at all, but for different reasons. I think it is a shame that there are still no multiple user accounts and no free choice of default apps.

multiple user accounts on a phone? do you happen to share your phone with anyone on a daily basis? and i don't mean letting someone text a friend or make a call,i mean share it like people share computers.

desertman
Jun 10, 2013, 04:25 PM
Multiple user accounts on a phone?
For sure a good thing on an iPad, and why not having the option on an iPhone as well?

cclloyd
Jun 10, 2013, 04:26 PM
well i'm not with jailbreak since ios 6 but ios 7 just gave me everything i needed from the jailbreak (sbsettings).

Sadly, I made a list of tweaks I still need, and there are way too many. Looks like I'll have to stay with tweaks that mimic iOS 7 until then.

Stuke00
Jun 10, 2013, 04:28 PM
multiple user accounts on a phone? do you happen to share your phone with anyone on a daily basis? and i don't mean letting someone text a friend or make a call,i mean share it like people share computers.

Well, iOS 7 also runs on an iPad which makes more sense for multiple account features.

Mrbobb
Jun 10, 2013, 06:56 PM
Showing our feminine side aren't we? ^)

IsaacM
Jun 10, 2013, 07:03 PM
multiple user accounts on a phone?

I know, right? It's an iPhone, not a wePhone. :D