PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 on a Black iPhone 5

`ShawnD
Jun 10, 2013, 03:38 PM
We all saw how iOS 7 would look on a white iPhone today at WWDC. However, the white shown would contrast horribly with a black iPhone. Does anyone have any screenshots of iOS 7 on a black iPhone?

ct2k7
Jun 10, 2013, 03:40 PM
This is what I'm thinking as well. Is it going to work for me?

jameslikeness
Jun 10, 2013, 03:48 PM
Here ya go.

JoEw
Jun 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
Here ya go.

Well this makes me glad I have black Apple products.

lewismayell
Jun 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
Of course, I don't think they'd design it with only white in mind, black has always been their primary colour

jameslikeness
Jun 10, 2013, 03:52 PM
My post was actually kind of a joke. I think the OP is wanting to see what one of the heavily white screens would look like on the black iPhone.

kmj2318
Jun 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
I'm wondering if there will be a black mode. Every app is predominately white, and it would be very easy to invert the icons and font with the white backgrounds.

Thinking of the rumor "black, white, and flat allover," maybe we only seen the white and flat part. There was no black to mention. So... Hmm. :)

NiKeZz
Jun 10, 2013, 03:57 PM
I was curious of this as well. All of the videos/renderings show the iOS on a white iPhone, but not a black one. Kinda leaves me violated. :o

3rdiguy
Jun 10, 2013, 04:52 PM
I remember the rumor about a "black" version. Everything they showed today appealed to having a white iPhone. I want to see how it pops on a black model as well. Upgrading to iOS 7 is a no-brainer for me tho.

NiKeZz
Jun 10, 2013, 06:00 PM
In the Airdrop feature portion of the Keynote, they actually used a black iPhone 5 in the presentation. It was only displayed for 15 seconds and quickly gone after that. I grabbed a screenshot if you want it, but you can always go back and watch it. :cool:

Diastro
Jun 10, 2013, 06:21 PM
That's quite interesting! It's okay on a black iPhone I have one myself but the white on white iPhone definitely looks better. It makes more sense from a design standpoint as well.

I'm curious to see the possibility of a black on black version of iOS 7.

Moreover, you guys know how when you're using a navigation app at night, the UI and maps change to a dark color scheme?

I use iOS during the day of course, but I like to end my evening checking my YouTube subscriptions, under a dimmed night light. Wouldn't it be great to have time-specific UI colorization?

spacehog371
Jun 10, 2013, 06:23 PM
Moreover, you guys know how when you're using a navigation app at night, the UI and maps change to a dark color scheme?
[/B]

I'm not aware of that feature on iOS 6. Are you saying it exists in iOS 7?

redman042
Jun 10, 2013, 06:24 PM
We don't know yet whether the icons will change on a black iPhone. Apparently they do not now, but this is only Beta 1.

kramjam
Jun 10, 2013, 06:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dwYthjr.jpg

Also, I went to the Apple website on my iPhone and watched the quick in action iOS7 videos and it looked pretty good.

Diastro
Jun 10, 2013, 06:28 PM
I'm not aware of that feature on iOS 6. Are you saying it exists in iOS 7?

It's built-in to several navigations apps like Navigon, TomTom, etcetera.
When you drive somewhere in the evening, the app uses a darker color scheme, and usually there's night time sky graphics and stuff.
Also, in iOS 6, the top bar changes color based on the app that's currently running. Or maybe it's an API, I'm not a developer.

Nikos
Jun 10, 2013, 06:37 PM
I was also wondering how it would look, but it looks great on mine. Never even thought about it twice.