PDA

View Full Version : With auto updates for apps turned on, is there a way to see release notes?

KTK1990
Jun 10, 2013, 04:20 PM
With the apps auto updating themselves, is there any way to view release notes of the app before or after the app gets updated?

Most of the time I find cool new features that are in the update only because they are mentioned in the notes. Or know not to update if they have a major bug or feature removed.

mwxiao
Jun 10, 2013, 04:22 PM
With the apps auto updating themselves, is there any way to view release notes of the app before or after the app gets updated?

Most of the time I find cool new features that are in the update only because they are mentioned in the notes. Or know not to update if they have a major bug or feature removed.

That's exactly why I am not so excited about auto-update. I assume there is an option to turn it off, meaning the old way to manually update the apps.

I like to know which app has an update and what has been updated.

cualexander
Jun 10, 2013, 04:25 PM
That's exactly why I am not so excited about auto-update. I assume there is an option to turn it off, meaning the old way to manually update the apps.

I like to know which app has an update and what has been updated.

I agree. I hope it can be turned off, it would be a shame to have an app force updated and functionality pulled from it or bugs introduced. Auto updating is not good if they are forcing it.

hovscorpion12
Jun 10, 2013, 04:29 PM
I'm sure like android you can see/ tweak some changes to specific apps.

Marbles1
Jun 10, 2013, 05:02 PM
Agreed this is a concerning feature.

Some games receive whole new level packs for free with an update.

Some TV/Media apps e.g. 'Sky Go' receive new channels, new on-demand functionality.

Some apps REMOVE features with an update and tell you not to update if you don't want to (e.g. GoodPlayer).

I can't see me wanting to enable auto-update if I'm not forced.