PDA

View Full Version : New mission control background?

Drew017
Jun 10, 2013, 05:00 PM
I noticed in the keynote that the Mission Control background seems to have (finally :D) lost the tiled linen image. Could someone please post a few pics of what it looks like now? And what does Notification Center look like? Has it lost linen as well? Thanks!

cambookpro
Jun 10, 2013, 05:40 PM

From their website. Kind of a flatter grey look. I liked the linen, but this looks as good.

unobtainium
Jun 10, 2013, 05:47 PM

From their website. Kind of a flatter grey look. I liked the linen, but this looks as good.

I preferred the linen, honestly. It didn't actually look like "linen" to me, but it was a nice clean textured background. I'm happy they got rid of the fake leather and stitching in other apps, but it's a shame the "linen" got thrown out too. Flat grey just isn't as nice too look at, especially on a huge screen.

Drew017
Jun 10, 2013, 06:17 PM
That does look quite nice… maybe someone with the dev preview can post the background. I'd kinda like to try it on ;)

east85
Jun 10, 2013, 06:21 PM
I prefer the linen as well. Not really happy that it's gone, but that's a minor thing.

cohenmatt
Oct 23, 2013, 03:03 PM
I prefer the linen as well. Not really happy that it's gone, but that's a minor thing.

it is minor but i want the linen back

on my 27" iMac the gradient of gray is kinda UGLY and doesn't fit