PDA

View Full Version : Any apps broken yet?

Pages : [1] 2

negativzero
Jun 10, 2013, 08:33 PM
I'm going to attempt to install Mavericks over my current ML install after I have my Time Machine backed up.
So far are there any apps broken in Mavericks???

happyslayer
Jun 10, 2013, 09:04 PM
Network Utility is gone!!! Dammit. I use that little app a lot. Guess I will need to find an app store alternative. Also, iMessages is giving me login issues... may be a thrashed/busy server issue though considering it's WWDC and it's new and all. Will wait and see.

chrfr
Jun 10, 2013, 09:16 PM
Network Utility is gone!!!
/System/Library/CoreServices

negativzero
Jun 10, 2013, 09:25 PM
What about 3rd party apps???

Also are games improved with the new OpenGL drivers???

w0lf
Jun 10, 2013, 09:31 PM
XtraFinder - broken
f.lux - memory leak

negativzero
Jun 11, 2013, 06:50 AM
Can't get the AirPort utility to update. When you click the update button, it takes you to the AppStore where it tells you there are no updates available.

Bear
Jun 11, 2013, 07:19 AM
I'm going to attempt to install Mavericks over my current ML install after I have my Time Machine backed up.
So far are there any apps broken in Mavericks???Is seems like Parallls doesn't work, but the latest released version of VMWare does work according to can anyone confirm whether vmware or parallels works fine under Mavericks? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593841)

Can't get the AirPort utility to update. When you click the update button, it takes you to the AppStore where it tells you there are no updates available.Are you sure Mavericks needs an update to the AirPort Utility? Also updates for software for Mavericks will not necessarily come at the same time as updates for released versions of OS X.

negativzero
Jun 11, 2013, 07:21 AM
Is seems like Parallls doesn't work, but the latest released version of VMWare does work according to can anyone confirm whether vmware or parallels works fine under Mavericks? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593841)

Are you sure Mavericks needs an update to the AirPort Utility? Also updates for software for Mavericks will not necessarily come at the same time as updates for released versions of OS X.

When you open the AirPort utility, it prompts you to update to 6.3. But when you get to the AppStore, there are no updates available :confused:

Edit - Nevermind, its on the AppStore now.

mrapplegate
Jun 11, 2013, 09:19 AM
Little Snitch is not working. Have not checked with the developer yet for a beta.

Lobwedgephil
Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 AM
Microsoft Office working okay?

Michael Goff
Jun 11, 2013, 09:36 AM
WebKit Nightly refuses to open

negativzero
Jun 11, 2013, 09:41 AM

I mostly use MS Word and thats working.
Haven't tried Powerpoint or Excel yet.

dbl90
Jun 11, 2013, 10:13 AM
Anyone tried the adobe suite CS6 and font explorer X?
And general use apps like spotify or vlc?

paul117
Jun 11, 2013, 10:35 AM
Viber isnt working... just crashes, had an issue with skype but seems fine now

ssn637
Jun 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
iStatMenu 4.0.5 is also crashing on startup. Not surprising I suppose but a real loss until a Beta version arrives.

negativzero
Jun 11, 2013, 11:06 AM
iStatMenu 4.0.5 is also crashing on startup. Not surprising I suppose but a real loss until a Beta version arrives.

Pretty sure iStat Menus 4.0.5 is working for me. No crashes whatsoever.

ssn637
Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks negativzero for the heads up, I'll give it another try

Cougarcat
Jun 11, 2013, 11:28 AM
Steam and games? The new OpenGL must be breaking something.

D A
Jun 11, 2013, 11:32 AM
Coolbook doesn't work. The kext needed (SleepEnabler.kext) causes a kernel panic when booting. With Spotlight indexing the temperatures are about 55-58 C. Not sure what the idle temps are yet.

w0lf
Jun 11, 2013, 11:44 AM
Steam and games? The new OpenGL must be breaking something.

Steam is working fine for me.

The510Kid
Jun 11, 2013, 12:15 PM
anyone else having issues with mplayerx and/or skype?

tengtengvn
Jun 11, 2013, 12:39 PM
So far, right after I upgrade:

-Viber
-Little Snitch
-Total Finder
-Carbon Copy Cloner
-CCleaner
-X-lite softphone

5pencer
Jun 11, 2013, 01:11 PM
Server no longer works!

Message simply says Server 2.2.1 is not compatible with this version of OSX.

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 01:20 PM
- iStat Menus (possibly due to dual displays on my Mac Pro)
- TotalSpaces
- XtraFinder
- BetterTouchTool
- Bartender - worked but noticed issues with dual menu bars
- LoginX

Everything else works perfectly

----------

-Carbon Copy Cloner

Works for me, odd.

----------

Anyone tried the adobe suite CS6 and font explorer X?
And general use apps like spotify or vlc?

CS6 Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. all work as does Font Explorer X and VLC. Don't use Spotify, sorry.

5pencer
Jun 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
PLEX Home Theater no longer works either. :(

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure iStat Menus 4.0.5 is working for me. No crashes whatsoever.

Was a bit dodgy for me, I uninstalled it. May be due to my 2 27" LED LCD's on my Mac Pro as the Menubar is much different with more than one display. I used Secondbar before with no hitch. Once I removed Bartender and iStat Menus, no issues. May reinstall it.

tengtengvn
Jun 11, 2013, 01:39 PM
- iStat Menus (possibly due to dual displays on my Mac Pro)

Mine works.

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mine works.

Gonna reinstall it then, comes in handy with system checks on beta's. Thanks! :)

moebis
Jun 11, 2013, 02:32 PM
Modo 701 and Final Cut Pro 10.0.8 both crash on 10.9 Mavericks.

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
Modo 701 and Final Cut Pro 10.0.8 both crash on 10.9 Mavericks.

FCPX 10.0.8 working here, in fact it flies! I couldn't believe how fast, 1-2 seconds compared to 30+ seconds in 10.8.4.

It did state it had to restart due to changes in my system. One thing: filters sometimes cause issues due to OS X sandboxing. FxFactory needed to update their filters as they caused FCPX to crash. Check your filters, the system may be blocking access.

modicharlie2003
Jun 11, 2013, 02:40 PM
Was a bit dodgy for me, I uninstalled it. May be due to my 2 27" LED LCD's on my Mac Pro as the Menubar is much different with more than one display. I used Secondbar before with no hitch. Once I removed Bartender and iStat Menus, no issues. May reinstall it.

I am newbee here in this form
How to uninstalled Mavericks & go back to Mountain Lion, i have few apps not working Parallel & total finder, loginox..
pls advice me ..
thanks

moebis
Jun 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
Also forgot to mention Flash does not work in Safari. You have to download the beta version from Adobe 11.8.800.75

----------

FCPX 10.0.8 working here, in fact it flies! I couldn't believe how fast, 1-2 seconds compared to 30+ seconds in 10.8.4.

It did state it had to restart due to changes in my system. One thing: filters sometimes cause issues due to OS X sandboxing. FxFactory needed to update their filters as they caused FCPX to crash. Check your filters, the system may be blocking access.

You're right! I uninstalled FxFactory and I only got some brief error about Audio Unit Plugin AUMatrixReverb needing an update. But it launched. Of course my projects are useless since they all use FxFactory plugins.... hmmm....

mrapplegate
Jun 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
Also forgot to mention Flash does not work in Safari. You have to download the beta version from Adobe 11.8.800.75

11,7,700,203 works fine on my system, the one that shipped with 10.9.
Guess I need to at least update to 11.7.700.225

Edit: Updated to 11.7.700.225, and it works fine as well.

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 02:58 PM
You're right! I uninstalled FxFactory and I only got some brief error about Audio Unit Plugin AUMatrixReverb needing an update. But it launched. Of course my projects are useless since they all use FxFactory plugins.... hmmm....

Which version are you running? I have 4.0.1 and it's working well. Sorry, just hoping I can help you out as I've been there, it's frustrating.

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
I am newbee here in this form
How to uninstalled Mavericks & go back to Mountain Lion, i have few apps not working Parallel & total finder, loginox..
pls advice me ..
thanks

Did you back your system up using "Time Machine"? If so, restart and press the "Alt/Option" and keep it held. This should show the volumes you may boot into. Now, it's been a while since I've had to do this, but I believe with 10.7 Lion things changed. I believe you need to boot into the Recovery partition which will display the backup points and the OS with each backup. Choose a backup with 10.8.x, select the drive, you may be warned that the drive will be erased and restored with the chosen backup. Let it run, reboot, and done.

If you do not have a backup, you may be able to reinstall 10.8 over 10.9. I'm not certain. You may have to get the InstallESD.dmg from the contents in the 10.8 installation file. If you right click on the 10.8 installation file, open "Contents", then "Resources", then "Shared Resources" you should see a file named "InstallESD.dmg", this is the installation file. You can copy this file to your desktop and restore it onto a USB drive using "Disk Utility". This creates a bootable installation for 10.8 that you can boot into and use to reinstall.

You don't really need TotalFinder and LoginX for 10.9. As for Parallels, I don't use it so I don't have any advice. If you can live without it for a bit, wait for more 10.9 beta releases as it may be fixed sooner than you think. :)

moebis
Jun 11, 2013, 03:10 PM
Which version are you running? I have 4.0.1 and it's working well. Sorry, just hoping I can help you out as I've been there, it's frustrating.

4.0.6 ....I ran Cleanmymac on 10.8 before I installed 10.9.... I'm wondering if it corrupted anything. When I have time later tonight I'm going to try to reinstall FXFactory 4.0.6 and Modo 701. If 4.0.6 doesn't work, I'll try 4.0.1 like you. Thanks for the info!

mjcharlton71
Jun 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
Airmail is pretty broken, from a display point of view.

Some of the requesters and dialogue boxes have font settings oversized for the buttons. List view of mailbox/folder contents seems to get gradually worse and has the same font problem above.

Giganews VyprVPN app doesn't seem to want to connect.

Bartender throws default drop down location quite a way over near the middle of the screen.

That's what I've got so far.

Going to do a clean install over the weekend if possible when I've more time and see how that goes.

meme1255
Jun 11, 2013, 03:34 PM
If someone could test these apps, I'd be really glad:
1) CoolTerm.app
2) Wineskin
3) Warcraft III
4) C&C Tiberium Wars

Thank you

venividivigor
Jun 11, 2013, 03:39 PM
Final Cut Pro X says its broken and needs to be reinstalled, but I got lots of plugins connected to it, so I'm hoping its just a bug in the OS. After Effects CS6 keeps crashing as well.

Unfledged
Jun 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
Anyone else having problems with XBMC? (Looks like more AudioEngine problems, but would like to be sure it's not just me!)

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
Not sure if the issue is with BlueJ or Java, but BlueJ isn't working, it's saying I need to install a Java SE 6 runtime, yet I'm running SE 7..

JohnDoe98
Jun 11, 2013, 03:49 PM
Did you back your system up using "Time Machine"? If so, restart and press the "Alt/Option" and keep it held. This should show the volumes you may boot into. Now, it's been a while since I've had to do this, but I believe with 10.7 Lion things changed. I believe you need to boot into the Recovery partition which will display the backup points and the OS with each backup. Choose a backup with 10.8.x, select the drive, you may be warned that the drive will be erased and restored with the chosen backup. Let it run, reboot, and done.

If you do not have a backup, you may be able to reinstall 10.8 over 10.9. I'm not certain. You may have to get the InstallESD.dmg from the contents in the 10.8 installation file. If you right click on the 10.8 installation file, open "Contents", then "Resources", then "Shared Resources" you should see a file named "InstallESD.dmg", this is the installation file. You can copy this file to your desktop and restore it onto a USB drive using "Disk Utility". This creates a bootable installation for 10.8 that you can boot into and use to reinstall.

Great advice. One thing I'll just add to this is if you pursue option #1, in order to restore from the TM backup, as Bedifferent points out, your drive will be erased and restored, i.e. a new partition will be created, and as a result, you will loose the recovery partition on the drive. No big deal, but that means functions like Find my Mac will not work. So, you will still need to re-install ML over on top of your restored TM backup to re-install the recovery HD. So I'd recommend first trying option #2 before proceeding with the longer restore of option #1. Hopefully in Mavericks Time Machine will be updated to restore the recovery HD during its erase and restore process, but for now the restoration is not complete.

jocamero
Jun 11, 2013, 04:24 PM
Plex Media Center 0.9.5.4 is working fine in my case and noticeably faster most likely due to the increased network transfer speeds. (I was getting ~60MB/s before, now +90MB/s, *peaking to 109MB/s!)

----------
The Mail.app plugin Herald (http://erikhinterbichler.com/apps/herald/) gets disabled. The dev isn't planning on updating his app until 10.9 ships.

I'm pretty sure it's just a computability check as referenced here (http://www.code2k.net/blog/2010-05-16/), but while these instructions worked for the most recent update to 10.8.4, they don't work for 10.9. It seems as if the PluginCompatibilityUUID in the Message.framework info.plist has been removed.

bedifferent
Jun 11, 2013, 06:07 PM
It seems as if the PluginCompatibilityUUID in the Message.framework info.plist has been removed.

You're kidding. Argh. That's frustrating.

I'm still po'ed the Dock png's are gone since 10.8.2 and I can't make it black. The silver makes app indicators more difficult to notice.

JordanCam
Jun 11, 2013, 07:25 PM
Skype appears to be broken....

negativzero
Jun 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
Fantastical is partially broken. Keeps asking for my password to access my Facebook events calendar.

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 08:44 PM
Apple Remote Desktop is broke as well.

Looks like it just needs an update though. Message is "The Remote Desktop administrator software does not match the installed client software version. The Remote administrator software must be upgraded on this computer" Checked App Store but there's no update available.

ClassObject
Jun 11, 2013, 08:56 PM
Skype appears to be broken....

And that's bad??? skype blows

mrapplegate
Jun 11, 2013, 09:10 PM
Apple Remote Desktop is broke as well.

Looks like it just needs an update though. Message is "The Remote Desktop administrator software does not match the installed client software version. The Remote administrator software must be upgraded on this computer" Checked App Store but there's no update available.

You need version 3.7
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action#

JordanCam
Jun 11, 2013, 09:14 PM
And that's bad??? skype blows

messages is broken as well... what should i use lol

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 09:21 PM
You need version 3.7

Thank you! D/l'ing now...

Tried installing, but can't install it, got a yellow exclamation point over my HD and the message says "Remote Desktop can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package"..

Any ideas? Is it a problem with ARD 3.7 d/l?

mrapplegate
Jun 11, 2013, 09:36 PM
Thank you! D/l'ing now...

Tried installing, but can't install it, got a yellow exclamation point over my HD and the message says "Remote Desktop can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package"..

Any ideas? Is it a problem with ARD 3.7 d/l?

Not sure, but unlikely since you made it to the pkg installer.
Maybe check console for a better idea why the install failed. I can't think why your javascript would matter.

rosskinard
Jun 11, 2013, 11:09 PM
Not sure, but unlikely since you made it to the pkg installer.
Maybe check console for a better idea why the install failed. I can't think why your javascript would matter.

You just have to delete the old ARD application and let it install just the new one from the RemoteDesktopAdmin_AppStore.pkg downloaded.

ClassObject
Jun 11, 2013, 11:22 PM

google hangout?

bully worm
Jun 11, 2013, 11:34 PM
Can anyone confirm BTT works with 10.9 using this method?

Accessibility is now handled on a per app basis in System Preferences => Security & Privacy => Accessibility (click the lock to make changes).
You have to allow BetterTouchTool to control your computer there.

See comment #37:
http://blog.boastr.net/?p=2981#comments

I rely heavily on BTT and if it doesn't work with DP1, I'm going to wait until fall.

gwang73
Jun 11, 2013, 11:56 PM

Yup. All the MS Office 2011 apps working just fine. They just updated today also, not for 10.9 but for security patches.

JohnDoe98
Jun 12, 2013, 12:19 AM
11,7,700,203 works fine on my system, the one that shipped with 10.9.
Guess I need to at least update to 11.7.700.225

Edit: Updated to 11.7.700.225, and it works fine as well.

Same here, Flash with 11.7.700.225 working fine in Safari on 2009 MBA.

TAI182
Jun 12, 2013, 12:43 AM
Has anyone tested VLC or XLD?

thomaskc
Jun 12, 2013, 12:49 AM
I also just want to reconfirm that Skype is broken, starts up but crashes right after.

Testing if reinstalling, maybe different versions has any luck.

EDIT: as expected, going back a version of two solved everything!

Skype seems to be working fine if you install 6.3 instead of 6.5

http://www.oldapps.com/mac/skype.php?old_skype=11978?download

negativzero
Jun 12, 2013, 12:59 AM
Has anyone tested VLC or XLD?

Both work for me.

FSUSem1noles
Jun 12, 2013, 05:45 AM
You just have to delete the old ARD application and let it install just the new one from the RemoteDesktopAdmin_AppStore.pkg downloaded.

Thank you so much!! after I moved my original ARD to the trash, ran the installer and done in seconds.. I didn't even think to try something so simple, I was thinking it was a deeper issue.

Thanks!

ErikGrim
Jun 12, 2013, 06:01 AM

OH SH***T

Why did I only see this NOW?!

Zombiechow
Jun 12, 2013, 07:37 AM
For those of you all having issues with Skype, version 4.0 doesn't crash.
http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=82

msephton
Jun 12, 2013, 07:47 AM
f.lux - memory leak
How did you trace this?

For those of you all having issues with Skype, version 4.0 doesn't crash.
http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=82
No download?
But 6.4 working fine for me?

iStat Menus:
only the config app crashes for me. The menu extras themselves work fine.

mrapplegate
Jun 12, 2013, 09:41 AM

Strange. I did not have to delete the old one. Interesting.

Fabricman112
Jun 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
iStat Menus:

yupp same here..

and there´s a "hidden" Screen Sharing.app in sys/lib/CoreServices

also MplayerX is broken for me :mad:

w0lf
Jun 12, 2013, 11:12 AM
f.lux - memory leak

How did you trace this?

I can just watch the memory usage go up once I open it. Starts out at about 11MB which seems fine for such a small program and is right about where I remeber it being. Let it run for a while and it's up over 200MB. It goes up about 0.1MB every other second.

bedifferent
Jun 12, 2013, 12:14 PM
For those who state iStat Menu's works, how? I uninstalled it as it wasn't working, then reinstalled it only for it to crash every time I open the app. I [obviously] have the latest version/paid app.

----------

How did you trace this?

No download?
But 6.4 working fine for me?

iStat Menus:

Shoot, I shouldn't have uninstalled it. The menubar was showing it, but it had issues with the dual display support. I'll check my launch folders to see if anything has been installed and reboot. Only issue, I can't configure it, might be able to by modifying the .plists

lcmazza
Jun 12, 2013, 05:34 PM
I got Premiere Pro CS6 to use CUDA by installing 5.5 beta drivers.

After Effects doesn't work, no matter what I do.

BrentT
Jun 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all worked fine.

SpamSieve will not work within Apple Mail.

Shorties
Jun 12, 2013, 07:05 PM
Can anyone confirm BTT works with 10.9 using this method?

See comment #37:
http://blog.boastr.net/?p=2981#comments

I rely heavily on BTT and if it doesn't work with DP1, I'm going to wait until fall.

Yes that fixed it for me! Thank you so much!, I was struggling to get use to the lack of snapping without BTT working.

negativzero
Jun 12, 2013, 09:27 PM
iStat Menus:

For those who state iStat Menu's works, how? I uninstalled it as it wasn't working, then reinstalled it only for it to crash every time I open the app. I [obviously] have the latest version/paid app.

----------

Shoot, I shouldn't have uninstalled it. The menubar was showing it, but it had issues with the dual display support. I'll check my launch folders to see if anything has been installed and reboot. Only issue, I can't configure it, might be able to by modifying the .plists

Strange. My menubar and configuration utility are both working properly.

----------

Anyone's Dropbox contextual menus work in finder???

nanohits
Jun 12, 2013, 10:52 PM
Total Finder crashes for me. I was so used to using the dual window. Anyone know a dual window screen for Finder that work in Maverick? Much appreciated.

Tks

Candlelight
Jun 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
I haven't had chance to play with it much but Final Cut Pro 6 installs and works fine. :)

Going to test at some point:

Avid Media Composer 6.5.2
Office 2011
VMware Fusion 5
MPEG Streamclip
FCP7 + rest of Final Cut Studio 3
FCPX
FileZilla
Quicktime 7
Redcine-X Pro
XDCAM Transfer

Plus a few others.

Pitsy
Jun 13, 2013, 01:54 AM
IVI Pro no longer works in Mavericks, simply hangs and then crashes or needs a forced quit!!!

Anyone else seeing this one?

Loving Safari - but the wireless perf is not as I expected on a 2012 15" rMP

Pitsy

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 02:42 AM
For me:

Working apps of the ones questioned:
VLC, Skype, messages, transmit, steam, Bartender (a little unstable)

Not working:
Little snitch (dev has a 10.9 beta version out), XBMC, viber (who cares)

futuredub
Jun 13, 2013, 03:23 AM
Vox appears to be broken, but it is a beta anyway :)

bibyfok
Jun 13, 2013, 03:42 AM
For me:

Working apps of the ones questioned:
VLC, Skype, messages, transmit, steam, Bartender (a little unstable)

Not working:
Little snitch (dev has a 10.9 beta version out), XBMC, viber (who cares)

Does iMessage work for you?

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 03:46 AM
Yep, exactly like on 10.8 with emojis.

bibyfok
Jun 13, 2013, 05:27 AM
Yep, exactly like on 10.8 with emojis.

Cause I uninstalled 10.9 because of Message not sending/receiving iMessages from iPhones…

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 06:01 AM
Cause I uninstalled 10.9 because of Message not sending/receiving iMessages from iPhones…

Although they are synced, I wouldn't have thought that one device would have influenced another in this way. Is the phone updated to iOS 7 as well ?

My phone was initially on 6.2 and now on 7. On both versions it has been working fine. 7 is a little buggy but that is to be expected. Certainly usable.

bibyfok
Jun 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
Although they are synced, I wouldn't have thought that one device would have influenced another in this way. Is the phone updated to iOS 7 as well ?

My phone was initially on 6.2 and now on 7. On both versions it has been working fine. 7 is a little buggy but that is to be expected. Certainly usable.

Nope, iOS 7 was eating my battery! 40% every 2 hours of idle

GaresTaylan
Jun 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
I cant for the life of me get ARD 3.7 to download. Anything else I download from the dev center seems to work fine, but ARD always stops downloading before its 100%.

So Im stuck on 3.6.2 and unable to manage Macs. >.<

bibyfok
Jun 13, 2013, 06:51 AM
Anyone tried Taemviewer?

MacReloaded
Jun 13, 2013, 06:52 AM
Colloquy 2.4.2 notifications are not using the Notification Center.

sgarrand
Jun 13, 2013, 06:53 AM
Anyone tried Taemviewer?

I have tried on numerous occasions to connect to my 10.9 Mac using Windows 7 and I have not been able to connect. Have not connected from my Mac to another PC yet. In my case, both TeamViewer 8.

Scott

GaresTaylan
Jun 13, 2013, 07:00 AM
I have tried on numerous occasions to connect to my 10.9 Mac using Windows 7 and I have not been able to connect. Have not connected from my Mac to another PC yet. In my case, both TeamViewer 8.

Scott

I can connect to my 10.8 Mac from my 10.9 Mac using Teamviewer. I have not tested the other way around.

nickbarbs
Jun 13, 2013, 07:17 AM
Splashtop Remote crashes on launch (even if i have nvidia GT650 selected or HD4000)

thomaskc
Jun 13, 2013, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have parallels 8 running?? I seem to get a crash :/ not very good.. hope there is some fix! thanks

meme1255
Jun 13, 2013, 09:46 AM
ad parallels: http://kb.parallels.com/Attachments/25134/Attachments/startPD.zip

Humex
Jun 13, 2013, 09:57 AM
MPlayerX don't work.:mad:
LittleSnitch 3.2.2 Nightly work :)

The13thDoctor
Jun 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
iPhone Configuration Utility keeps crashing whenever I try to install a app on to a device

ctakah
Jun 13, 2013, 10:50 AM
Hey, I saw someone here mention that they installed Safari 6.1 seed on ML and then they've reverted back to 6.05... How do I do that?

cecoleman
Jun 13, 2013, 11:04 AM
So far only Mail has given me any trouble. Frustrating too because its the app I use the most. It crashes like every five minutes. Any one else had this trouble?

5t3f4n
Jun 13, 2013, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if RoaringApps (http://roaringapps.com/) will be updated for Mavericks, or if there's a similar service out there?

Baklava
Jun 13, 2013, 01:26 PM
GameRanger doesn't work

ValkyrieLenneth
Jun 13, 2013, 01:50 PM
My skype 6.5 suddenly works well in 10.9 without doing anything, weird ! :eek:
However Photoshop CS6 hotkeys are all messed up :(

SantaRosa2.2
Jun 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
Nope, iOS 7 was eating my battery! 40% every 2 hours of idle

Do a hard reset on your iPhone running iOS 7... fixed my battery life.

----------

MPlayerX don't work.:mad:
LittleSnitch 3.2.2 Nightly work :)

I need to know if an Mplayer OS X extended works I'm ready to install Mavericks but I use that app a lot.

AlphaDogg
Jun 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
Skype is broken.

myxomatosis
Jun 13, 2013, 06:54 PM
So far only Mail has given me any trouble. Frustrating too because its the app I use the most. It crashes like every five minutes. Any one else had this trouble?

Mail has been rock stable for me so far. The only problem I have: New e-mail notifications won’t appear in the notifications center, even if it’s configured to do so.

The badge appears and it shows the correct number of new/unread e-mails, but nothing in the notifications center.

Broken apps for me:

Fstream (small audio stream player/recorder). Crashes as soon as it starts

Safari (Webkit Nightlies): Not allowed to run at all by Apple

Disk inventory X: Well, that’s old as hell but it worked with ML. Now it crashes as soon as I resize the main window

F.lux: Works, but after a moment, the "Preferences" refuses to open.

Clean My Mac 2: Runs normally, but at a certain moment it keeps asking me for a permission and it won’t finish its scan.

That’s it for now.

Lolito
Jun 13, 2013, 07:48 PM
-Sparrow; 10.9 does not allow it to start, it says, it comes from a not recognised developer, or something like that. so weird....

- Airmail; text not showed properly, it's too streched out.

- Xtra finder; not working.

So far, gonna keep my good old 10.8 in my main ssd, and 10.9 just in a test partition in a HDD, as it's far from better due to these issues.

SantaRosa2.2
Jun 13, 2013, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know if Movist works?

Doriginal1
Jun 13, 2013, 10:53 PM
Works fine, haven't had any issues with it so far.
Does anyone know if Movist works?

negativzero
Jun 14, 2013, 02:10 AM
Safari isn't supporting certain Java applets. I can't access the entire configuration page for my Cisco smart switch web console.

activate
Jun 14, 2013, 05:11 AM
I'm not able to open Pixelmator

TopToffee
Jun 14, 2013, 05:14 AM
iDentify is broken.
Launches ok, but when you try to scan items, it crashes.

bc2116
Jun 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
My Windows 7 in Fusion works just fine - fyi (finder is crashing like a runaway train, but that's another story)

Is seems like Parallls doesn't work, but the latest released version of VMWare does work according to can anyone confirm whether vmware or parallels works fine under Mavericks? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593841)

Are you sure Mavericks needs an update to the AirPort Utility? Also updates for software for Mavericks will not necessarily come at the same time as updates for released versions of OS X.

msephton
Jun 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
I can just watch the memory usage go up once I open it. Starts out at about 11MB which seems fine for such a small program and is right about where I remeber it being. Let it run for a while and it's up over 200MB. It goes up about 0.1MB every other second.
I'm not seeing the memory leak with f.lux 20.0 on my iMac. Watching through Activity Monitor.

I see the latest version is 21.0, in which i can see the leak, so let me know if you want the older version.

w0lf
Jun 14, 2013, 12:39 PM
I'm not seeing the memory leak with f.lux 20.0 on my iMac. Watching through Activity Monitor.

I see the latest version is 21.0, in which i can see the leak, so let me know if you want the older version.

Yes that would be greatly appreciated.

xgman
Jun 14, 2013, 01:52 PM
Little Snitch is not working. Have not checked with the developer yet for a beta.

beta http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html
---------------------

Anyone try Steermouse on this?

mrapplegate
Jun 14, 2013, 03:21 PM
beta http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html
---------------------

Anyone try Steermouse on this?

Thanks. I downloaded it when they released it.
Twitter is your friend when you are waiting for 10.9 beta software.
SpamSieve also has a beta just an FYI to anyone else who uses it.

Embio
Jun 15, 2013, 11:28 AM
-Sparrow; 10.9 does not allow it to start, it says, it comes from a not recognised developer, or something like that. so weird....

- Airmail; text not showed properly, it's too streched out.

- Xtra finder; not working.

So far, gonna keep my good old 10.8 in my main ssd, and 10.9 just in a test partition in a HDD, as it's far from better due to these issues.

I have no such problems with Sparrow - I am using the home folder from my Mountain Lion partition and I dragged it in from /Volumes/Mountain Lion HD/Applications. Did you right click and click open?

denisvj
Jun 15, 2013, 01:11 PM
I got Parallels 7 to work with this commands :

ExtensionsPath="/Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Kexts/10.6/"
cd "$ExtensionsPath"

sudo kextutil prl_hypervisor.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_vnic.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_hid_hook.kext/
sudo kextutil -d ./prl_hypervisor.kext prl_netbridge.kext/
sudo kextutil prl_usb_connect.kext

open /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app

And you have to give parallels permissions to accessibility to get keyboard/mouse working :

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab > Accessibility section

I got this from parallels forum so credits to them .

meme1255
Jun 15, 2013, 04:15 PM

cd "$ExtensionsPath"

And you have to give parallels permissions to accessibility to get keyboard/mouse working :

Great news, I might not have to buy PD8 :)

Lolito
Jun 15, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sparrow just works, it was only that i had to click in the preferences of the os to allow software from unknown developer...

NJRonbo
Jun 16, 2013, 08:11 AM
Okay, just installed Mavericks. I run a boatload of programs. Here are the ones not working...

1. EyeTV. Anyone using any of the Elgato EyeTV products will find that the viewer crashes. The device also disconnects itself.

2. iDeskCal will not display calendars or appointments on the desktop despite the fact the program displays an icon across the top toolbar indicating it is running.

3. Fantastical continually asks for access to my calendars/contacts every time I boot.

4. Had SecondBar installed for my second monitor. I don't need it anymore. I removed it from my User Accounts Login, but for some reason it still attempts to load when I boot.

5. DateLine gives an error message at boot up, but will continue to run if you press CONTINUE when that message appears.

6. iStat Menus does work, though every time I boot I get the preferences screen even though I disabled that screen (put it on hide) in my User Accounts login list.

7. TotalFinder does not work. I removed it. Don't need it anymore with new tabs on Finder

What does work...

Newsbar, PopClip and TextExpander (as long as you give it Accessibility access), Alfred, DefaultFolderX, Digital Power Station, Hardware Growler, OmniGrowl, Crossover, Photoshop, Little Snitch (with update), Yahoo Widgets (for those who still have them), GeekTools, Zipline, WeatherMan, DragThing, Caffeine, Capster, Toast Titanium,
SnapXPro (though file saving is a bit funky now), ScanSnap Pro.

activate
Jun 16, 2013, 08:20 AM
Installing new extensions of pop clip doesn't work.

NJRonbo
Jun 16, 2013, 08:40 AM
Update: iDeskCal does work. You just need to go into preferences and select the calendars to display. It somehow resets itself with the new DP install.

Installing new extensions of pop clip doesn't work.

Hmmm. Never even tried that. Don't know what that is. What do these extensions do? Thanks.

Kuwait
Jun 16, 2013, 10:13 AM
DiskAid not working in OS X Mavericks (10.9)

ValSalva
Jun 16, 2013, 10:16 AM
Sparrow just works, it was only that i had to click in the preferences of the os to allow software from unknown developer...

Good think Sparrow works - for now at least. Not like it's going to be updated :(

peterharte
Jun 16, 2013, 12:46 PM
You need version 3.7

Could someone provide a non-developer link?

Bear
Jun 16, 2013, 01:08 PM
Could someone provide a non-developer link?If you're not a registered developer, then you don't need the information as you shouldn't be running Mavericks.

If you are a registered developer, you wouldn't need a non-developer link.

peterharte
Jun 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
If you're not a registered developer, then you don't need the information as you shouldn't be running Mavericks.

If you are a registered developer, you wouldn't need a non-developer link.

That sure answers my question.....

Lycanthrope
Jun 17, 2013, 04:22 AM
Aperture (3.4.5) is very unstable when adding adjustments

Kariya
Jun 17, 2013, 09:22 AM
CandyBar seems to finally have croaked under Maverix.

Macaroni is glitchy too.

Endnote won't launch either.

msephton
Jun 17, 2013, 10:42 AM
Anyone tried Taemviewer?
Works for me. Version 8.0.16901

I'm not able to open Pixelmator
2.2 working for me.

F.lux: Works, but after a moment, the "Preferences" refuses to open.
v20 works fine for me, here it is: http://cl.ly/16100p3L150R

Macaroni and Fantastical working for me without issue.

bhuber
Jun 17, 2013, 12:43 PM

I had to log out of messages, log back in then quit messages and open it again. It worked for me after that.

nutmac
Jun 17, 2013, 04:13 PM
"purge" command no longer works.

Battery Status eats excessive CPU cycle.

KUguardgrl13
Jun 17, 2013, 10:48 PM
I mostly use MS Word and thats working.
Haven't tried Powerpoint or Excel yet.

Yup. All the MS Office 2011 apps working just fine. They just updated today also, not for 10.9 but for security patches.

Does Office 2008 still work? I know they stopped supporting it in April :/

sev7en
Jun 18, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hi there, I tried the GPS utilities following:

http://cf-static.slidetomac.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2013-06-17_21-44-24-570x539.jpg

gps2geX and GPSutility (latest releases) are not working.

p.s: I would also point out I tried 3 BT GPS dongles with no success.

msephton
Jun 18, 2013, 08:25 AM
Yes that would be greatly appreciated.
Here's v20 of F.lux http://cl.ly/16100p3L150R

fisherking
Jun 18, 2013, 11:29 AM
i use some older and/or obscure apps in ML. anyone using these in mavericks?

dockgone

buddypop

mailunreadmenu

quicktunes

thanx!

Eithanius
Jun 18, 2013, 12:05 PM
iSync from SL is dead in the water... :eek::eek:

rawmx
Jun 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
You can upgrade via the app or download the DMG from "Download Trial"
http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Parallels Desktop in-product updates - Click on the Parallels Desktop Menu > Check for Updates

Support -http://kb.parallels.com/116282
Suppor2 -http://kb.parallels.com/en/116259

In case you haven't seen this yet.

bolen
Jun 19, 2013, 01:42 PM
Server no longer works!

Message simply says Server 2.2.1 is not compatible with this version of OSX.

Um.. there is a developer preview for Mavericks available in the Dev Center. I would suggest downloading that instead! Currently it's build 13S263p.

----------

That's GateKeeper (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US), it was present and worked the same in ML.

To bypass it either deactivate GateKeeper completely in system preferences or simply ctrl-click on the app and chose "Open", it will bypass the unsigned developer check. This is only necessary to do once.

m3rih
Jun 19, 2013, 04:47 PM
what about onyx? does it work?

eiprol
Jun 19, 2013, 06:20 PM
Autocad 2013 fails to open a file even with right click->open with... Autocad opens, but with a new-clean drawing.

Only works if from autocad, you browse files/open. If not, the file doesn't loads.

jpeezy
Jun 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
LiteSwitch X (Application Switcher) no longer works and it appears to be abandonware. If you didn't know, it had a feature that would send a re-open event for window based apps. Anyone know of another app switcher that has this feature?

Thanks

bedifferent
Jun 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
CandyBar seems to finally have croaked under Maverix.

Macaroni is glitchy too.

Endnote won't launch either.

Candybar works for Applications but not for System icons. For some, I manually changed system icons in /System/Library/CoreServices. The icons are almost always in the "Resources" folder of each app.

----------

Okay, just installed Mavericks. I run a boatload of programs. Here are the ones not working...

1. EyeTV. Anyone using any of the Elgato EyeTV products will find that the viewer crashes. The device also disconnects itself.

works perfectly for me. The disconnected error message has been a reported bug for a while. Simply unplug it and plug it back in. The viewer hasn't crashed for me, maybe reinstall it? Been working better than ever, watching live and recorded television on my iPad has been stellar.

----------

iDentify is broken.
Launches ok, but when you try to scan items, it crashes.

Works for me.

So odd, I wonder why the results differ on the same system beta build. :confused:

Unhyper
Jun 21, 2013, 04:33 AM
Installing new extensions of pop clip doesn't work.If this is a deal-breaker for you, contact the author via email. He's provided a few 10.9 users with a beta of PopClip which solves this issue.

ValSalva
Jun 21, 2013, 04:49 AM
I do hope TotalFinder gets sorted out for Mavericks. Even though Finder is getting tabs TotalFinder offers other enhancements. My favorite is being able to list folders above files. I wish this was an option natively in Finder. It also can show two folder in one dual pane window.

activate
Jun 21, 2013, 09:41 PM
If this is a deal-breaker for you, contact the author via email. He's provided a few 10.9 users with a beta of PopClip which solves this issue.

Thanks, will do.

negativzero
Jun 24, 2013, 10:20 PM
what about onyx? does it work?

It works, but I don't believe it is upgraded yet to fully support Mavericks.

Orlandoech.com
Jun 25, 2013, 01:14 AM
- MPlayerX
- TotaltFiner

Both broken for me.

----------

I do hope TotalFinder gets sorted out for Mavericks. Even though Finder is getting tabs TotalFinder offers other enhancements. My favorite is being able to list folders above files. I wish this was an option natively in Finder. It also can show two folder in one dual pane window.

Completely agree any the new version is awesome. More enhancements and such.

ssn637
Jun 25, 2013, 02:33 AM
Bjango has released a new version of iStat Menus (4.0.6) compatible with Mavericks DP2.

richsadams
Jun 25, 2013, 11:08 AM
iStat Menus:

I was having the same issue but based on ssn637's post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17486273&postcount=145) (thanks!) I just downloaded and installed iStat Menus 4.06 (426). Haven't tweaked any settings but everything appears to be working normally now.

Cougarcat
Jun 25, 2013, 11:14 AM
Bjango has released a new version of iStat Menus (4.0.6) compatible with Mavericks DP2.

Anybody know if iStat 3 works? I don't really want to upgrade, I think 3 looks nicer and I have no use for 4's features...

richsadams
Jun 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Just tried using TechSmith's Camtasia 2 and found that it only records the initial screen. If other programs, webpages etc. are opened, they are never displayed in the recording. However, the cursor and any audio continue to record. Very odd.

It also crashed a couple of times.

Is it me or is anyone else experiencing the same?

TIA!

EDIT: TechSmith released Camtasia 2 v2.4.1 today. Installed it and had the same recording results although it has not crashed after about three uses. Sent them a tech support request...will post what they say.

richsadams
Jun 25, 2013, 01:26 PM
I use this small menu bar app that cleans up my desktop by removing items I've pasted or dragged to it (anything, photos, text files, etc.) and storing them. Clicking on the DT menu bar icon allows you to see/retrieve whatever it's storing.

Clicking on Desktop Tidy Preferences causes it to close. Manually reopening it works and it works fine otherwise, just seems to be a Preferences issue (like other apps apparently).

Thelothian
Jun 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
On DP2 (just installed)...
All Adobe applications have a big problem with the open/save file dialog. If you press cmd-O once you've open the program, you'll not be able to open the file dialog anymore (a window will appear with the word "Program Error").
Instead, if you open an Adobe file (an image or an Indesign file) directly from the Finder and after that you'll try to save it, the file dialog will open normally but if you try to specify the file tag, the window will lose focus and buttons will become unclickable. The only way to close it is to exit the program.
Naturally if you open the save dialog ONCE you'll be unable to open it again...

Another issue.
If you'll use the tablet to draw (using brushes tool) once you've start drawing, the keyboard stops responding (you cannot press cmd-Z for example). If you want to use hotkeys you've to click "away". Annoying...

Big issues both, really... and it seems to be an usual Apple+Adobe problem.

As long as Adobe insists on using "non-standard" calls to system libraries, every time Apple updates his operating system, these problems will happen...
But every time that happens, Adobe says it's the fault of Apple and Apple says that the bug is caused by Adobe. :)

Thelothian
Jun 25, 2013, 02:34 PM
Ok... i've found where Adobe issues come from. Try to use tags anywhere and you'll get a lot of crashes (even Finder). It seems Apple has bugged tag's system...

jpeezy
Jun 25, 2013, 02:37 PM
Anybody know if iStat 3 works? I don't really want to upgrade, I think 3 looks nicer and I have no use for 4's features...

I feel the same, not a fan of 4 either. I did install DP1 and while 3 appeared to work, I didn't do any heavy testing with it.

BaggieBoy
Jun 25, 2013, 05:39 PM
Roboform is completely broken under Safari, it fails to fill in passwords when on a web page. Also if a Login is selected, the browser just goes to "about:blank" and displays nothing.

Not sure if it related to Roboform (but suspect it is), there is a dark grey empty bar where the Favourite Bar would be displayed. Hovering over the bar displayed the URLs and they can be selected, just not seen. Opened a Ticket with the developers but they say they have no schedule to issue an update that works with 10.9.

Edit: Just realised if you open a second tab in Safari, the Favourite Bar appears but you can't see the tabs. Go back to single tab and the Favourite Bar disappears again.

arabiafish
Jun 25, 2013, 06:06 PM
jettison seems to be broken

flux 3 (newest version) seems to be working in dp2, broken in dp1 (edit: nope, flux 3 doesn't work right in dp2 after reboot, but flux 2 does)
skype 3.6 seems to be working in dp2, was broken in dp1?

steermouse is working but fills Console with the same error every second
pulse is working in dp2, was broken in dp1 (edit: pulse just released an update for 10.9)
crashplan is working after you install java se 6

amazingly stable dp1 and 2, have had no more problems than updating to the final build of any os x... amazing

Lolito
Jun 25, 2013, 10:11 PM
Not working:
-CCC
-bartender
-xtrafinder
-better touch tool

Working:
-autocad 2013
-adobe cs6
-ms office
-clean my mac

----------

time machine menubar icon does not spin anymore, at least in my macbook and dp2...

msephton
Jun 26, 2013, 11:07 AM
MAME OS X 0.135 http://mameosx.sourceforge.net
loads fine, but crashes when launching a game or quitting the app.

Actually, this is quite an old app from 2009. What's the current best way to play MAME on Mac OS X?

sgarrand
Jun 26, 2013, 11:17 AM
CCC has a beta out that works in 10.9.

http://www.bombich.com/software/download_ccc.php?v=3.5.3-b1

Scott

jhfenton
Jun 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
Not working:
-better touch tool

What problems are you having with Better Touch Tool? The latest update works fine for me, both window snapping and the added Magic Mouse / Magic Trackpad gestures.

Lolito
Jun 26, 2013, 12:47 PM
true, better touch tool is working properly now... thanks!!

totalfinder doesn't work, Sizeup doesn't work either...

ssn637
Jun 26, 2013, 12:52 PM

Yes, I tried Version 3.27 after someone here mentioned that an earlier version of Skype was working and had no problems. In fact, I was able to update to Version 4.0.2 without incident until 4.0.6 had been released. I need iStat Menus because I prefer the Obsidian menu bar and am able to take advantage of white menu bar icons for the clock and battery with this application.

iSamurai
Jun 26, 2013, 11:03 PM
In Microsoft Word - some of the fonts have disappeared from the fonts list. Rebuilding the cache list doesn't work.

bedifferent
Jun 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
true, better touch tool is working properly now... thanks!!

totalfinder doesn't work, Sizeup doesn't work either...

I got it working but the Finder swipe presets are no longer recognized. I set Finder to recognize two-finder swipes to move between windows just like Safari.

epphllps
Jun 27, 2013, 12:09 PM
Disk Doctor freezes when selecting Home folder.

Lolito
Jun 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
I got it working but the Finder swipe presets are no longer recognized. I set Finder to recognize two-finder swipes to move between windows just like Safari.

What did you manage to solve: totalfinder or sizeup?

Size up is now working for me. Not totalfinder. Would be great if u manage to fix totalfinder. Please let me knoe. Thanks!!!

meme1255
Jun 27, 2013, 01:22 PM
Is Warcraft III, C&C Tiberium Wars, WoW and CoolTerm.app working?

Michaelgtrusa
Jun 27, 2013, 02:15 PM
The MPlayerX 1.0.17 is not compatible with OS X 10.9. http://blog.mplayerx.org/blog/2013/04/24/bian-yi-mplayer/

silver25u
Jun 27, 2013, 05:58 PM
DP2 has killed Adobe Fireworks CS6 and Pixelmator for me.

Cougarcat
Jun 27, 2013, 07:06 PM
What did you manage to solve: totalfinder or sizeup?

Size up is now working for me. Not totalfinder. Would be great if u manage to fix totalfinder. Please let me knoe. Thanks!!!

TotalFinder will require an update. The developer just released an update that disables most of its features in 10.9, and he will be re-enabling them as he gets them fixed.

Humex
Jun 28, 2013, 08:55 AM
The MPlayerX 1.0.17 is not compatible with OS X 10.9. http://blog.mplayerx.org/blog/2013/04/24/bian-yi-mplayer/

Meanwhile an update with the release of OS X 10.9, here is the version that works : http://t.co/BLcHJ1VRVz

thadoggfather
Jul 1, 2013, 06:11 PM

cd "$ExtensionsPath"

Do you have to do this every time you reboot mavericks?

falconeight
Jul 1, 2013, 11:24 PM
windows phone app doesn't work. Neither does tune4mac.

thadoggfather
Jul 1, 2013, 11:32 PM
Btw, my worst nightmare happened:

DP1 had iTunes 11 cooked into it.

Went ahead and downloaded the 10.7 dmg, opened with Pacifist, and installed from there using admin privileges replacing every file when prompted.

Have to delete (if it says library created from newer version) or backup your 10.7 iTunes Library.itl file in /Usr/Music and paste it in there after iTunes 11 gets at it.

Works perfect, iTunes 10.7 on Mavericks.

(to me iTunes 11 is broken for a large music collection but I guess this is a separate 'issue', would have stayed at 10.8 for eternity if 10.7 were the end of the road with it)

w0lf
Jul 5, 2013, 11:24 PM
Dunno if anyone's mentioned it but flux has a version out for Mavericks which fixes the memory leak older version had.

https://justgetflux.com/mac/Flux22.zip

Eithanius
Jul 6, 2013, 12:49 AM
Btw, my worst nightmare happened:

DP1 had iTunes 11 cooked into it.

Went ahead and downloaded the 10.7 dmg, opened with Pacifist, and installed from there using admin privileges replacing every file when prompted.

Have to delete (if it says library created from newer version) or backup your 10.7 iTunes Library.itl file in /Usr/Music and paste it in there after iTunes 11 gets at it.

Works perfect, iTunes 10.7 on Mavericks.

(to me iTunes 11 is broken for a large music collection but I guess this is a separate 'issue', would have stayed at 10.8 for eternity if 10.7 were the end of the road with it)

Does 10.7 on Mavericks bring back the Info tabs within the iPhone page...?

poe226
Jul 6, 2013, 01:18 PM
Simply Comic doesn't work with new OS X. When I try to open a .cbr/.cbz all it does is show a blank screen. Anyone know of another free comic viewer that is as good or knows of a fix?

Lolito
Jul 7, 2013, 05:47 AM
any news about bartender updates for 10.9?¿?¿?

Humex
Jul 7, 2013, 12:37 PM
any news about bartender updates for 10.9?¿?¿?

https://twitter.com/SurteesStudios

thadoggfather
Jul 7, 2013, 06:35 PM
Does 10.7 on Mavericks bring back the Info tabs within the iPhone page...?

Yep, acts same as it did on ML.

thadoggfather
Jul 8, 2013, 09:13 PM
flux is broken on DP3

w0lf
Jul 8, 2013, 11:19 PM
flux is broken on DP3

How exactly is it broken? Flux 22.0 seems to be working for me.

negativzero
Jul 9, 2013, 12:09 AM
Anyone know if there is a beta for Fantastical???

thadoggfather
Jul 9, 2013, 12:26 AM
How exactly is it broken? Flux 22.0 seems to be working for me.

Thanks me too! I was using a different version

GaresTaylan
Jul 9, 2013, 06:33 AM
Do you have to do this every time you reboot mavericks?

For me, yes

ErikGrim
Jul 9, 2013, 08:46 AM

Since 11.0.4 iTunes works better than ever with a large (mine's 55K+) collection. Silky smooth, no beach balls.

thadoggfather
Jul 9, 2013, 10:35 AM
Since 11.0.4 iTunes works better than ever with a large (mine's 55K+) collection. Silky smooth, no beach balls.

Beach balls were never the issue for me. More the clunky interface

ErikGrim
Jul 9, 2013, 06:12 PM
Beach balls were never the issue for me. More the clunky interfaceWhat's clunky about it? It's pretty much identical to iTunes 10?

thadoggfather
Jul 9, 2013, 08:19 PM
It's just personal preference I suppose

nanohits
Jul 10, 2013, 03:21 AM
New version of Total Finder works again, however I am missing their Dual Window feature. I am missing this a lot. If I can find an App that does Dual windows, Ill be getting it in a flash.

wolfe.masque
Jul 10, 2013, 03:33 AM
Initially I had problems with Synergy, until I figured out how to let IT control the system. While it's not 100% perfect, it does now work.

However, Crossover 12.2.1 isn't working. I get it to start up, but when I start an application in it, it just goes through the shutdown process.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

Humex
Jul 10, 2013, 07:16 AM
Viber 3.1 don't work.

BaggieBoy
Jul 10, 2013, 05:27 PM
Roboform is completely broken under Safari, it fails to fill in passwords when on a web page. Also if a Login is selected, the browser just goes to "about:blank" and displays nothing.

Roboform 1.6.1 has just been released and has fixed all the issues I reported earlier.

Humex
Jul 10, 2013, 11:03 PM
MPlayer X 1.0.17 works fine on OS X 10.9 DP3

Cougarcat
Jul 11, 2013, 06:27 AM
Initially I had problems with Synergy, until I figured out how to let IT control the system. While it's not 100% perfect, it does now work.

However, Crossover 12.2.1 isn't working. I get it to start up, but when I start an application in it, it just goes through the shutdown process.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

Maybe the 12.5 beta?

freedevil
Jul 11, 2013, 06:58 AM
Skype video freezes sometimes and requires a relaunch to work again.

ScottishDuck
Jul 11, 2013, 07:21 AM
New Skype update seems to stop it crashing on Mavericks

Humex
Jul 11, 2013, 08:06 AM
New Skype update seems to stop it crashing on Mavericks

Yes, Version 6.6.0.467.

Humex
Jul 11, 2013, 10:23 PM
Phone Amego 1.4.14
Fix to run on OS X Mavericks DP3.

Humex
Jul 12, 2013, 10:55 AM
LittleSnitch 3.2 Nightly (Build 4034)
Fixed an issue which caused connection alerts to appear off screen on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

F.lux 22.0
This release fixes some important bugs, including an awful memory leak on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Viscosity 1.4.4
Support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks

TotalFinder 1.4.17
Ported some plugins under Mavericks: FoldersOnTop, DockProgressBar, ColumnViewAutoWidth and SystemFiles.

DaisyDisk 3 Beta
Q: Will DaisyDisk 3 support OS X 10.9 Mavericks? A: Sure thing.

mwhities
Jul 12, 2013, 12:20 PM
Anyone having issues with Cisco Jabber?

I might try an older version. It crashes whenever I send an IM. Well, it does sometimes and not other times. Very strange, I'll see if I can go back a version.

pyropringle
Jul 12, 2013, 10:49 PM
If you're a pilot, LogTen Pro doesn't seem to open.

Humex
Jul 13, 2013, 01:41 AM
DEVONthink Pro 2.6
Importing and indexing supports tags and Spotlight comments created by Mavericks.
On Mavericks the appearance of labels is now similar to the one of the Finder.
More fixes for Mavericks.

MenuMeters 1.6.1
Fixed code signature for inner nested bundles, allowing load on OS X 10.9 preview releases.

matamoris
Jul 13, 2013, 07:11 AM
Cubase 7.05 is jacked under 10.9. Scrambled audio during playback.

thomaskc
Jul 13, 2013, 07:33 AM
Can anyone confirm if TheFoundry's NukeX runs on 10.9 dp3 ? thanks

Humex
Jul 16, 2013, 01:58 PM
Steam Beta
Added support for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) App Nap feature
Updated Overlay check to work correctly with API changes in Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Note that the location to enable Accessibility services in 10.9 has moved to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy

DoctorFedora
Jul 16, 2013, 07:06 PM
Pixelmator has some odd behavior issues. It's now impossible to add text to a document, for example.

wolfe.masque
Jul 17, 2013, 04:41 AM

Working with CrossOver team to beta new version now.

Also, Wallpaper Wizard does not like Mavericks, every time the screensaver kicks in, WW crashes. It does reopen fine, but still crashes every time you stop the screensaver.

No biggie, to be sure.

Ddyracer
Jul 17, 2013, 05:57 AM
Why does mavericks not updating in the backround for me? I have everything checked makes no sense. I had to update a stupid app manually, doesn't look like it works.

Humex
Jul 18, 2013, 10:19 PM
Transmission 2.81
Fixed
#5390 (https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/5390) : Trasmission buttons not rendering properly in OS 10.9 Mavericks

King Shady
Jul 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Safari is pretty much broken for me on DP3 on a rMBP lol :o

Humex
Jul 20, 2013, 05:45 PM
TeXShop 3.21
Fixed OS X 10.9 compatibility

HowEver
Jul 21, 2013, 07:36 AM
I have only empty/blank screens in Safari. Firefox works fine.

Humex
Jul 21, 2013, 06:16 PM
I have only empty/blank screens in Safari. Firefox works fine.
Safari has some bugs that will be fixed before the final release.

ErikGrim
Jul 21, 2013, 08:22 PM
Soundtrack Pro has got some weird visual glitches and has problems scrolling. Logic Pro 9 32 audio bridge crashes constantly
Logic Pro X crashes when copying audio between open projects (real shame too now that you can have multiple projects open in full screen and swipe between them).
Transmission is showing blank gradient boxes where icons should be.

All three bugs fixed in DP4 / Transmission 2.81. Thumbs up!

HowEver
Jul 22, 2013, 06:02 PM
Today's Beta fixed Safari for me.

Safari has some bugs that will be fixed before the final release.

Humex
Jul 22, 2013, 06:23 PM
Transmission 2.81 has fixed this problem.

ErikGrim
Jul 22, 2013, 07:08 PM
Transmission 2.81 has fixed this problem.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Cougarcat
Jul 22, 2013, 09:37 PM
Working with CrossOver team to beta new version now.

I'm in the 12.5 beta, does that run under Mavericks yet?

chrisjayg
Jul 22, 2013, 09:39 PM
Mail was giving me issues, telling me the password I entered was wrong.

Ended up deleting the Mail App. If anyone is willing to upload it for me somewhere please :(

Thank you.

nutmac
Jul 23, 2013, 12:04 AM
Mail was giving me issues, telling me the password I entered was wrong.

Ended up deleting the Mail App. If anyone is willing to upload it for me somewhere please
Delete Mail?! Are you a developer?

All you had to do was open Keychain Utility and delete email login entries that pertains to particular account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ErikGrim
Jul 23, 2013, 03:04 AM
Soundtrack Pro has got some weird visual glitches and has problems scrolling. Logic Pro 9 32 audio bridge crashes constantly
Logic Pro X crashes when copying audio between open projects (real shame too now that you can have multiple projects open in full screen and swipe between them).

All three bugs fixed in DP4 / Transmission 2.81. Thumbs up!

Whoops. Soundtrack Pro for some reason doesn't work with Graphite appearance. Works fine if it's on blue (which it was as I had nuked my global preferences for other testing). What an odd bug…?

Logic Pro X still crashes a lot (rescaling piano roll for example).

allistera
Jul 23, 2013, 03:47 AM
Can anyone confirm if MAMP still doesn't work in b4? Our only dev machine needs to have it installed.

Lolito
Jul 23, 2013, 06:24 AM
is Bartender working now?

Humex
Jul 23, 2013, 07:02 AM
is Bartender working now?
Yes.

Lolito
Jul 23, 2013, 11:26 PM
Yes.

thanks!!

xgman
Jul 24, 2013, 08:37 AM
One day in the far off future, I dream of an OS version upgrade that doesn't break apps. :(

cookies!
Jul 24, 2013, 10:19 AM
One day in the far off future, I dream of an OS version upgrade that doesn't break apps. :(

then you'll have to make some magic where developers know how to make changes their apps before they get their hands on the beta OS :rolleyes:

chrisjayg
Jul 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
Delete Mail?! Are you a developer?

All you had to do was open Keychain Utility and delete email login entries that pertains to particular account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I did but the problem still persisted.

chrono1081
Jul 24, 2013, 09:27 PM

This isn't a version upgrade yet its a beta, its what developers are given so that they can make changes to their programs to run in the new OS.

Its simply not possible to create a new OS without changing some API's that will break apps.

Humex
Jul 25, 2013, 11:28 AM
Default Folder X 4.5.10
Updated for the latest the developer release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

ErikGrim
Jul 25, 2013, 09:32 PM

Pretty sure Mountain Lion didn't break any apps.

Ddyracer
Jul 26, 2013, 12:08 AM
DP4 seems really slow lately. Log outs take like 20 secs, log ins 10. And the share button for messages isn't showing half the time in NC, which is checked in the settings. App seem to take longer to launch as well... And weird beach balls that appear for like 5 secs when the system isn't really hanging.

Just reporting..

slide023
Jul 26, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hello,

I was wondering, and have been driving myself crazy Googling for any updated software like there was with "Roaring Lion."

I know there are many diverse opinions about utility software. Does any one know of a reputable maintenance software whether in beta or that is compatible.

I have Tech Tool Pro 7 which is supposed to be compatible, but every time you open it, a message say's TTP7 has not been tested with Mavericks. At that point you can quit or ignore and continue once you ignore the message.

Cocktail .....???? Onyx? MacPilot has maintenance features. I have the latest version 5.0.8

Or is it possible to do all maintenance from CLI? I would take that as being a pain in the butt to inconvenient, but as a learning experience. Sometimes you have to open the hood and get your hands dirty. I don't mind.

Thanks so much!

Kind Regards,

Slide

Cougarcat
Jul 26, 2013, 11:24 AM
Hello,

I was wondering, and have been driving myself crazy Googling for any updated software like there was with "Roaring Lion."

I know there are many diverse opinions about utility software. Does any one know of a reputable maintenance software whether in beta or that is compatible.

I have Tech Tool Pro 7 which is supposed to be compatible, but every time you open it, a message say's TTP7 has not been tested with Mavericks. At that point you can quit or ignore and continue once you ignore the message.

Cocktail .....???? Onyx? MacPilot has maintenance features. I have the latest version 5.0.8

Or is it possible to do all maintenance from CLI? I would take that as being a pain in the butt to inconvenient, but as a learning experience. Sometimes you have to open the hood and get your hands dirty. I don't mind.

Thanks so much!

Kind Regards,

Slide

OS X already runs maintenance scripts automatically, you really don't need anything else.http://pondini.org/OSX/Scripts.html

dbl90
Jul 27, 2013, 04:39 AM
Anyone else having trouble with Smart Converter Pro 2?
I'm trying to figure out if the files not converting are a mavericks-related problem or not, since the free version of the same software works perfectly

raftr
Jul 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
Can someone confirm that AirPort Utility 5.6 (from Snow Leopard) that still worked through Mountain Lion is broken in Mavericks?

It was the last version that offered fairly extensive and useful network status monitoring info and was drastically crippled with the 6.0 version.

meme1255
Jul 27, 2013, 01:55 PM
I've seen somewhere on MacRumors how to make it work again - You have to replace some Mavericks library with ML's one ;)

rayhigh
Jul 28, 2013, 05:18 PM
Calibre bombs out whenever I connect a Kobo ereader.

raftr
Jul 29, 2013, 08:08 AM
I've seen somewhere on MacRumors how to make it work again - You have to replace some Mavericks library with ML's one ;)

This sounds promising, thanks. Hopefully it works in the final release!

justblais
Jul 31, 2013, 12:17 PM
What's the verdict on Skype right now? I'm finally rolling around to putting the Mavericks beta onto my macbook so I can work on iOS-app interoperation but I need to be able to have Skype on the computer for meetings

Does installing an older version of Skype work? Or has new Skype started working yet with Mavericks? Any help would be super appreciated :) I dug through the thread and couldn't find any recent news on it (I am admittedly very bad at searching threads!)

Kuwait
Jul 31, 2013, 01:33 PM
WebKit Nightly refuses to open

WebKit Nightly not working for me

Humex
Jul 31, 2013, 05:23 PM
What's the verdict on Skype right now? I'm finally rolling around to putting the Mavericks beta onto my macbook so I can work on iOS-app interoperation but I need to be able to have Skype on the computer for meetings

Does installing an older version of Skype work? Or has new Skype started working yet with Mavericks? Any help would be super appreciated :) I dug through the thread and couldn't find any recent news on it (I am admittedly very bad at searching threads!)
Skype 6.7.0.373 works fine on Mavericks DP4.

meme1255
Aug 1, 2013, 03:37 PM
Hi,
is there someone who could test my *game list*? :o

C&C:Generals
C&C:Tiberium Wars
Warcraft III
Age of Empires III

Thank you very much! ;)

james948
Aug 1, 2013, 05:04 PM
Is iWork working for anyone?
Keynote, Pages and Numbers are all broken for me in 10.9

jocamero
Aug 2, 2013, 04:31 PM
Is iWork working for anyone?
Keynote, Pages and Numbers are all broken for me in 10.9

Just tested all three and they're working just fine for me. Created a new doc in each. I don't use them on a regular basis, but my limited tests seem fine.

Avalon74
Aug 4, 2013, 12:36 AM
Can anyone test LiteIcon?

pnkrkr
Aug 5, 2013, 11:24 AM
Tabs are great in the Finder but TotalFinder adds a lot more. I work with BinaryAge and these guys are porting TotalFinder to Mavericks because there are other great features and tweaks to the Finder, including dual-pane mode (side by side tabs), folders sorted ahead of files, cut and paste of files (my favorite), and auto-adjusting column views, among other things.

Here's the official statement: http://totalfinder.binaryage.com/mavericks

You don't really need TotalFinder and LoginX for 10.9. As for Parallels, I don't use it so I don't have any advice. If you can live without it for a bit, wait for more 10.9 beta releases as it may be fixed sooner than you think. :)

bedifferent
Aug 5, 2013, 12:56 PM
including dual-pane mode (side by side tabs), folders sorted ahead of filescut and paste of files (my favorite)

Excellent points. I do like having folders first and I still do not understand why Apple has "Cut" as a greyed out option in Finder. If it doesn't work in Finder, um, remove the option? :confused:

james948
Aug 7, 2013, 07:05 AM
Just tested all three and they're working just fine for me. Created a new doc in each. I don't use them on a regular basis, but my limited tests seem fine.

Thanks! Reinstalled and all working now! Phew!

craigd
Aug 7, 2013, 06:39 PM
In mail app, I finally managed to get it to dan load all my emails overnight (company exchange account)

It simply will not update any new mail though, I have tried setting the collection time to automatic and also 1 minute. Not even synchronising or checking for mail brings down any new messages.

I know there are new ones there as I have them on my iPhone.

Anyone else having this issue

bushido
Aug 8, 2013, 02:00 AM
anyone tried the latest viber on DP5 yet?