PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Invisible Shield 5G iPod Scratch Test Video

unten44
Nov 3, 2005, 11:40 AM
I was really paranoid about possible scratches on my 5G iPod, especially after all the nano scratch horror stories. Any way, I bought an Invisible Shield for my new video iPod and decided to do my own durability tests: key test and the ziploc bag test (with keys and coins).

Well, although this will probably kill my bandwidth, I made a video of my invisible shield key test...

Check out my homemade iPod scratch test video here:
http://www.untenohana.com/archives/videos/ipod_scratch_test/

kuruptr
Nov 3, 2005, 01:55 PM
Ths should help those worried about how good the quality is...thanks for the video. I love my inivisishield:cool:

MacTruck
Nov 3, 2005, 02:16 PM
Love the way you set that video up. Shield seems to work very well but you never tried the sledgehammer test. :eek:

Must.Get.nano!
Nov 3, 2005, 04:04 PM
Awesome Presentation

runninmac
Nov 3, 2005, 04:14 PM
Wow that was an awsome video. It was great to see that I can withstand that and you did it in a cool style.

EricBrian
Nov 3, 2005, 04:18 PM
Can you post as QT? I don't have flash. Thanks.

quackattack
Nov 3, 2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the video. I am sold, I just ordered one.

Thing is, I don't have an iPod yet. Looks like I am shopping this weekend. ;)

unten44
Nov 3, 2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the video. I am sold, I just ordered one.

Thing is, I don't have an iPod yet. Looks like I am shopping this weekend. ;)

I bought my invisible shield before I got my iPod too! :p Better safe than sorry.

Vader
Nov 3, 2005, 06:11 PM
Nicely done on the presentation!
Also, I wonder if I should get one of these for my PSP, (anybody have one?)
I have a Hori, and it is perfect, but only covers the screen.

killuminati
Nov 3, 2005, 06:58 PM
That is a great video, I love Office Space.

Oh and the one you made was good too. I was wondering what the ziploc test was going to be.

cdubb213
Nov 3, 2005, 09:34 PM
I bought my video ipod last week and I sent it back for a battery test today. I hope they give me a new one, because I ordered my Invisibleshield on Monday after hearing all these good things about it. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship?

khisayruou
Nov 3, 2005, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=159460

unten44
Nov 4, 2005, 11:16 AM
Can you post as QT? I don't have flash. Thanks.

Sorry. If I get more bandwidth, I'll put it up though. :)

mgc
Nov 30, 2005, 01:26 PM
Loved the video so much I joined the forum ... Thank you!

Is there any problem using the Click Wheel with the "Full Body" Invisible Shield?

Thanks!:)

Macmaniac
Nov 30, 2005, 01:57 PM
Invisible Shield should pay you for making that video! You have more balls then I do, I would have never done a ziplock test!

aricher
Nov 30, 2005, 02:47 PM
Great video! Best demo of the product I've seen. I've ordered the I.S. for the 60 GB but haven't ordered the iPod yet. One thing I'm wondering is if the bumpy surface is as noticeable on the white iPod vs. the black - anybody know?

ToastMaster
Nov 30, 2005, 06:07 PM
I love my invisibleshield. I just wish that I'd put it on my iPod right out of the box. I carry it in my pocket, in backpacks, no scratching problems at all. It's fantastic.

Ipaqman
Nov 30, 2005, 08:09 PM
which is the best way to apply the invisible shield? i just got mine and wanted to know some helpfull tips before i apply? also, which side should i apply first?

thanks so much,
ipaqman

yippy
Nov 30, 2005, 09:25 PM
It sounds impressive but I am not getting the video only a black screen.