Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
i've been messing around with iTune Radio, its really nice and smooth running. i'm not sure if i'm ready to replace Songza with iTunes Radio but nice to have more options for music.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
i've been messing around with iTune Radio, its really nice and smooth running. i'm not sure if i'm ready to replace Songza with iTunes Radio but nice to have more options for music.

I can't get it to work. It only plays short clips of each song. And when I add a station. It doesn't show under my stations.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
I can't get it to work. It only plays short clips of each song. And when I add a station. It doesn't show under my stations.

are you connected to Wifi or Cell? i had trouble getting it to play earlier today when I was mobile and not on wifi. it could be the servers are being slammed by the rush of people trying everything out.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
I love it. The indie rock station is basically a playlist of all my favorite artists and bands without even have to tailor it.

Has anyone figured out how many skips we get? I dont want to skip a bunch of stuff to find out and mess up my song data by skipping something I like.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
are you connected to Wifi or Cell? i had trouble getting it to play earlier today when I was mobile and not on wifi. it could be the servers are being slammed by the rush of people trying everything out.
I got it work by rebooting the phone. It may be the os, or the server is slammed. I had tried earlier with wifi/lte. It seems to be working ok now. I'll have to use it more to see if I like this more than spotify.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
I wish it was a spotify replacement. I really like using system applications if possible simply because they are more engrained in the OS, but I need to be able to listen to any song I want on demand and Spotify premium is the only way to do that. I do not keep any songs on my phone anymore. I dont have any songs on iTunes. I have my old song library on a hard drive somewhere, but the songs are all old and not really my taste anymore. I don't think anything can ever replace spotify and the value of unlimited songs for a small monthly fee.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I love it. The indie rock station is basically a playlist of all my favorite artists and bands without even have to tailor it.

Has anyone figured out how many skips we get? I dont want to skip a bunch of stuff to find out and mess up my song data by skipping something I like.

I tried it out with a genre I hated so it didn't matter haha. I think I got 6 skips.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008

It seems to have the same six skip limit that Pandora has but I'm not sure how long it takes to get the skips back after you use them or if there's a daily limit. Also some of the music that I've tried has been edited which is annoying.

Icecoldcoke

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
It seems to be weird with where it picks the music from.

It played Raise Your Glass by Pink, and it showed the album as one of the Now That's What I Call Music mixes.

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
It seems to be weird with where it picks the music from.

It played Raise Your Glass by Pink, and it showed the album as one of the Now That's What I Call Music mixes.

I have had that experience with Pandora too. I don't know how it arbitrarily picks which album it takes a song from, but it is kind of odd it does not pick it from its original album. Maybe it picks the most popular album the song appeared on.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I love it. No need for pandora...etc. I would have loved actual radio stations such as Kiss 108, 98.6...etc

neil1980

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
Pretty frustrating if you live outside the US though :(

One thing I noticed was on the keynote they said something (I've been asleep since) about it coming out in other countries eventually but on the Apple website it just says US only.

If it was out in the UK and was as good as it looks I'd actually consider getting iTunes Match purely for the Ad Free iRadio.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Seems like it just plays the same songs over and over and over again. There is a string of about 8 songs and once it starts, I can predict the exact songs and order that will be played.

Bug?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.