PDA

View Full Version : WiFi keeps dropping on rMBP

portishead
Jun 11, 2013, 01:13 AM
Wifi keeps dropping on my rMBP. Anyone else? I can handle some bugs, but if my wireless keeps dropping, we'll that kinda sucks. :(

raxz
Jun 11, 2013, 06:28 AM
I have the same problem with my 15" retina. Wifi not connecting at all.

satcomer
Jun 11, 2013, 07:30 AM
Did you try changing channels in the wireless router yet?

raxz
Jun 11, 2013, 07:33 AM
Did you try changing channels in the wireless router yet?
I have tried channels 1, 100, 132.
If ethernet is connectes, wifi icon also show connected. If I disconnect ethernet, wifi starts looking for networks and shows that exclamation mark on icon. Wifi never gets IP via DHCP. Manually setting IP won't work.

satcomer
Jun 11, 2013, 09:16 AM
I have tried channels 1, 100, 132.
If ethernet is connectes, wifi icon also show connected. If I disconnect ethernet, wifi starts looking for networks and shows that exclamation mark on icon. Wifi never gets IP via DHCP. Manually setting IP won't work.

Why didn't you say that the first time.

Did you go into the affect Mac System preferences->Network, Wi-Fi side channel, Advanced button and see if the Preferred Network at you want to connect to is present.

raxz
Jun 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
Why didn't you say that the first time.

Did you go into the affect Mac System preferences->Network, Wi-Fi side channel, Advanced button and see if the Preferred Network at you want to connect to is present.

Yes. I even deleted my networks from there and connected again. It even asked me WPA password again.

But meanwhile I was working with Windows. It's installed with bootcamp. It didn't connect at all. Not even with cable. Now I got home and everything is connected again.

At work I had Airport Extreme and D-Link 2,4 and 5 GHZ networks. None of them worked. I even restarted them, but all other workstations were working before and after restart.

At home Thomson is working fine.

Really weird situation.

MLMcMillion
Jun 11, 2013, 11:14 AM
15" rMBP here with no WiFi problems (so far), connected to a 2.4GHz N router.

yalag
Jun 11, 2013, 11:39 AM
My wifi keeps dropping for my 15'' rMBP. Please help!! I need to get work done! The wifi connects fine, but it just drops randomly. What must I do?

portishead
Jun 11, 2013, 11:42 AM
My wifi keeps dropping for my 15'' rMBP. Please help!! I need to get work done! The wifi connects fine, but it just drops randomly. What must I do?

use wired ethernet, or don't install a beta of an OS. it's going to have bugs man.

yalag
Jun 11, 2013, 11:43 AM
I thought you have the same problem too? You found a fix?

Cougarcat
Jun 11, 2013, 11:50 AM

Not to sound harsh, but if you need to get work done why did you install a beta 1 version of an OS?

Save yourself the anxiety and go back to ML. If you want to screw around with Mavericks put it on an external.

macrumorschamp
Jun 11, 2013, 01:40 PM

Try removing wifi passwords from keychain and the network from network prefs, restart and then try to connect again.

portishead
Jun 11, 2013, 03:04 PM
Try removing wifi passwords from keychain and the network from network prefs, restart and then try to connect again.

I don't have a password, I use timed access control by mac address.

I haven't had a wifi dropout today yet though.

END3R
Jun 12, 2013, 02:11 PM
I can't even connect to a single network. Not mine, not my neighbors unsecured, nothing. It asks for my password, I enter it and it shows "Connection Timeout."

For those thinking about it, I would not install this. So buggy. Not worth it at all.

photographus
Jun 13, 2013, 11:51 AM
Ever after upgrading to 10.8 I was having issues here and there... but now with 10.9 is just impossible to stay online for more that a couple of minutes...

The Wireless Diagnostics app claims our network is too "busy" which may be... but I'm the only one getting bumped.

portishead
Jun 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
I only had it drop out once on me yesterday. That's not terrible. I wouldn't care, except I have my iTunes on my NAS, and I don't want to drop the connection while I'm connected as it can corrupt things.

Once a day isn't bad though, so I'm not worried about it. I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

sick z33
Jun 13, 2013, 11:57 AM
Never had that problem with my rMBP at home, or any public networks. I would take it to Genius bar if you have already changed wireless channels.

Krazy Bill
Jun 13, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mine is flakey as well on an Early 2011 MBP13. It just wouldn't be OSX without these issues. :)

Mr. Retrofire
Jun 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
Never had that problem with my rMBP at home, or any public networks. I would take it to Genius bar if you have already changed wireless channels.
You go with a developer preview to the Genius Bar? *lol*

akhilv1
Jul 1, 2013, 04:58 PM
I'm having the same exact issue on my rMBP as well. Its the original base model with a 2.3Ghz. Maybe using an apple Airport will work? I'm gonna give it a shot with my age old Airport Express 802.11g.

----------

15" rMBP here with no WiFi problems (so far), connected to a 2.4GHz N router.

25 Minutes so far on a 2.4Ghz N Router without dropping out, but i was downloading iPhoto and iMovie, so it was under load.

----------

It's still working.

ToroidalZeus
Jul 1, 2013, 10:24 PM
it's all dependent on the network. on my home network no problem, at school massive drops.

vindictum
Jul 4, 2013, 07:49 AM
15' rMBP with no WiFi problems. At home it's connected to my 5GHz N router (ASUS RT-N56U). At work, we use 2.4GHz with certificate, again without any issue.

Squuiid
Oct 16, 2013, 07:58 AM
I only had it drop out once on me yesterday. That's not terrible. I wouldn't care, except I have my iTunes on my NAS, and I don't want to drop the connection while I'm connected as it can corrupt things.

Once a day isn't bad though, so I'm not worried about it. I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

I did this on my Mac Mini and it fixed the issue for me to my Windows SMB shares. It's a good workaround which keeps your wifi from dropping out, and prevents disconnection of your shares. Basically a ping to your router.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/08/mac-wi-fi-dropping-use-a-simple-keepalive-bash-script-to-maintain-wireless-connection/

satcomer
Oct 16, 2013, 08:58 AM
Also for those having problems try to make a new Network Location in System Preferences->Network (at the top of the pane) and make a custom named Location & save it. This might help.