PDA

View Full Version : shuffle recharge never finishes

tonfisk
Nov 3, 2005, 01:17 PM
Hello all. I am a new user of a 512MB shuffle. I love this small animal, however I have not managed to fully charge it as defined in the manual: the light on the shuffle keeps blinking yellow, and it never turns on to green even after 6 hours charging on an IBM X31 laptop! I am wondering if my machine has some problem or just everybody has this problem. Thanks for suggestions!:confused:

MmmPancakes
Nov 3, 2005, 02:00 PM
Hello all. I am a new user of a 512MB shuffle. I love this small animal, however I have not managed to fully charge it as defined in the manual: the light on the shuffle keeps blinking yellow, and it never turns on to green even after 6 hours charging on an IBM X31 laptop! I am wondering if my machine has some problem or just everybody has this problem. Thanks for suggestions!:confused:

it seems you're looking at the wrong light. the blinking yellow light is the light that indicates the shuffle is connected. To test the battery, unplug the shuffle from the usb port and press the button on the units back. THAT's the light that matters. You'll find shuffles hold their charges for an obnoxiously long time.

tonfisk
Nov 3, 2005, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed I just reread the guide after seeing your reply. It mentions there as "When the battery is charging, the iPod shuffle status light is amber. When the battery is fully charged, the light is green until you disconnect iPod shuffle." In contrast, it indicates clearly to "Press the battery status button on the back of iPod shuffle. The battery status light indicates the level of charge". I think these two lights refer to different things ... :confused: