PDA

View Full Version : Send directions to iPhone

Powertoola
Jun 11, 2013, 07:32 AM
send directions to iPhone on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, has it been implemented yet ? can't seem to find it

Unhyper
Jun 11, 2013, 11:15 AM
send directions to iPhone on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, has it been implemented yet ? can't seem to find itYes, and it works beautifully. I put in addresses and let it find the directions, and then clicked on the Share button (the little rectangle with the arrow pointing out of it) and selected iPhone as the target. A couple of seconds later, my phone beeped, it showed up on the Notification Center on the lock screen, I swiped on it and it opened the directions in the Maps iOS app.

mrapplegate
Jun 11, 2013, 11:27 AM
send directions to iPhone on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, has it been implemented yet ? can't seem to find it

The seed notes (http://adcdownload.apple.com//Mac_OS_X/os_x_v10.9_developer_preview_release_note/os_x_v10.9_developer_preview_1_release_note.pdf) indicate it does not work for everyone. I don't have it.

Maps
- For some users, sending directions to iPhone may not work.

childs12111
Jun 11, 2013, 11:28 PM
I have the customer seed and it doesn't work for me, which is a totally buzz kill. It was the one feature I was really looking forward to!

yalag
Jun 12, 2013, 11:13 AM
I don't even see the option to send to iphone in the share sheet. What am I missing?

Outrigger
Jun 12, 2013, 11:15 AM
its too bad it sends to the Apple maps, and not Google maps, or provide a choice, but thats a given.

mrapplegate
Jun 12, 2013, 11:20 AM
There are some suggestions here:
https://devforums.apple.com/message/819896#819896

One is to sign out of iCloud on the Mac and sign back in.
I have not tried them yet.

FSUSem1noles
Jun 12, 2013, 06:27 PM
There are some suggestions here:
https://devforums.apple.com/message/819896#819896

One is to sign out of iCloud on the Mac and sign back in.
I have not tried them yet.

That worked! Signout of iCloud on the Macbook Air side, signed back in and "send to iPhone" is now showing as an option along with the other options..

Sweet!

mrapplegate
Jun 12, 2013, 06:28 PM
That worked! Signout of iCloud on the Macbook Air side, signed back in and "send to iPhone" is now showing as an option along with the other options..

Sweet!

You're lucky. It did not work for me :(

FSUSem1noles
Jun 12, 2013, 06:31 PM
You're lucky. It did not work for me :(

Did you completely sign out? There was actually two boxes I had to manually uncheck to complete the sign out.. After I unchecked the boxes, I hit sign out again and then I was "officially" signed out..

mrapplegate
Jun 12, 2013, 06:33 PM
Did you completely sign out? There was actually two boxes I had to manually uncheck to complete the sign out.. After I unchecked the boxes, I hit sign out again and then I was "officially" signed out..

Yes I did. Took forever it seemed. I was looking forward to testing it, but I understand it's an early beta. They will fix it.

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 02:47 AM
Yes I did. Took forever it seemed. I was looking forward to testing it, but I understand it's an early beta. They will fix it.

Is your iPhone also on iOS 7 ?

mrapplegate
Jun 13, 2013, 08:17 AM
Is your iPhone also on iOS 7 ?

Yes.

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 08:19 AM
Yes.

Well, there must be something in the mix. You have met the requirements. Did you try signing out and back in on both the devices.

mrapplegate
Jun 13, 2013, 08:44 AM
Well, there must be something in the mix. You have met the requirements. Did you try signing out and back in on both the devices.

Yes I did a couple of times. I'm not losing sleep over it since the seed notes say it won't work for everyone. I'm obviously part of that group :)

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 08:47 AM
You are more patient than I was. This was one of most anticipated features. Have you tried the maps app in full screen fly overs. Pretty impressive.

mrapplegate
Jun 13, 2013, 09:15 AM
You are more patient than I was. This was one of most anticipated features. Have you tried the maps app in full screen fly overs. Pretty impressive.

I'll admit I was really looking forward to that feature. I'm hoping it will be fixed in the second beta.

Yes, I have tried it. They really did a great job. I was impressed.

MaC rA mE
Oct 4, 2013, 04:51 PM
Bumping cause the GM is out and I still can't see the "send directions to iPhone". Anyone else finding the same?

BasicGreatGuy
Oct 4, 2013, 05:20 PM
Bumping cause the GM is out and I still can't see the "send directions to iPhone". Anyone else finding the same?

I haven't been able to find it either.

MeUnix
Oct 4, 2013, 06:13 PM
The "Send to iPhone" option is located underneath the "Share" button. I think it's called the Share button at least. The picture I attached shows where it is located though.

Hope this helps,
- Kyle

BasicGreatGuy
Oct 4, 2013, 06:30 PM
The "Send to iPhone" option is located underneath the "Share" button. I think it's called the Share button at least. The picture I attached shows where it is located though.

Hope this helps,
- Kyle

My problem is my iPhone does not show in the drop down menu. I signed out of iCloud on my Mac and signed back and it stayed the same. I just checked again, after leaving the Mac alone for 30 mins, and now the phone shows. Weird.

MeUnix
Oct 4, 2013, 06:33 PM
My problem is my iPhone does not show in the drop down menu. I signed out of iCloud on my Mac and signed back and it stayed the same. I just checked again, after leaving the Mac alone for 30 mins, and now the phone shows. Weird.

I had to do the same thing when I first tried the "Send to iPhone" option. Weird indeed. :p

VestergaardDK
Oct 23, 2013, 02:18 AM
I have discovered the solution for the problem! Before you can send direction to your iPhone, you first need to update you software on the iPhone to the newest version: iOS 7.0.3. Good luck!

bripab007
Oct 24, 2013, 12:10 PM
After updating to iOS 7.0.3, the devices still weren't showing up in Maps app on Mavericks. I rebooted Mavericks, and now the devices are showing up in the share sheet in Maps app, however, clicking up them never sends the notification to the devices.

Any ideas?

melapple
Oct 24, 2013, 04:52 PM
logging out and back into iCloud fixed it for me.

one question now...I still don't see iCloud data in my Mac now...how long does it take to sync back?

Duperman
Oct 24, 2013, 04:59 PM
I activated keychain on iCloud in system settings and then restarted and it worked.

duncant
Oct 24, 2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys. Finally got my iPhone recognised in the share button after signing out, then back into, iCloud on both my iPhone and Mac as suggested. Unfortunately, the first map I sent to my iPhone didn't arrive, so I followed Duperman's advice to activate the keychain in iCloud preferences. I then sent another map to my iPhone and it arrived that time. I had been scratching my head for hours over this problem, so I'm delighted to have found a solution here. Thanks again for all the input.

b.c.
Oct 27, 2013, 04:21 PM
my iPhone does not appear in the Maps app share menu. only my iPad appears there.

both my iPhone and iPad were updated to iOS 7.0.3 prior to updating my iMac to Mavericks. I've logged out and back into iCloud. I've turned on iCloud keychains on iPhone and iMac. I've rebooted my iMac. - it makes no difference in my case, still only the iPad shows up.

any other suggestions why only my iPad shows up in the Maps share, but not my iPhone?

8CoreWhore
Oct 27, 2013, 04:29 PM
my iPhone does not appear in the Maps app share menu. only my iPad appears there.

both my iPhone and iPad were updated to iOS 7.0.3 prior to updating my iMac to Mavericks. I've logged out and back into iCloud. I've turned on iCloud keychains on iPhone and iMac. I've rebooted my iMac. - it makes no difference in my case, still only the iPad shows up.

any other suggestions why only my iPad shows up in the Maps share, but not my iPhone?

Maybe rebooting the phone will do it?

b.c.
Oct 27, 2013, 04:51 PM
Maybe rebooting the phone will do it?

aha! just rebooted my iPhone and after waiting a few minutes it finally appeared in the Maps share menu, along with my iPad.

still no idea why my iPad was there from the start, I hadn't rebooted it in ages. and it was there before I tried turning on iCloud keychain or any of the other things I tried, it was just there all along

anyhow, working now. thanks!

iOrbit
Oct 27, 2013, 04:56 PM
i had mavericks already installed.

but i bought my first iPhone today.

before today, maps could detect my iPad and send directions to the iPad.

with my iPhone, it did not detect it.

i googled this issue and found a tip which solved it for me:

sign out of iCloud in the system preferences and sign back in.

after i did that, maps picked up my iPhone and it seems to work.

i have an iPhone 4s running latest iOS 7.

sososowhat
Oct 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
Signing out of iCloud (what a pain!) and back in worked for me. I also had to quit the maps app & get back in (the phone didn't show up until I did that).