Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I have a 15" PowerBook (the rev right before the current one, I bought it in september). When I close the lid, the screen isn't aligned properly, the right corner is maybe 2 or 3 millimeters higher than the left corner. Now, most people would not be bothered, but what can I say, I'm a perfectionist :D

If I took it to an Apple Store, do you think I would have a shot at getting it replaced, and possibly with a new rev PowerBook? It's not BTO either.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I say you try it over the phone because after they see it, their going to think you're nuts.

Its always better to confuse someone into submission :)

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
i would not call that misaligned. misaligned would be when the lid is hanging over the base of the laptop on one side and it feels like a lip. what you described is generally normal. you could still try it though but i doubt they will replace it.

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt you'd get a replacement, at most Apple will probabily tell you to send it in for a repair. From what I know it is very difficult to get a replacement machine, and considering that it's been a little over a month since you bought it. It would have to have a much more serious issue to warrant a replacement.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
You will most likely *not* get a replacement or a repair. Based on your description, your PowerBook is well within spec.

MacAficionado

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2002
An awesome place
Even if it were hanging over like a lip, you would have to convince them it was not due to accidental damages for them to even fix it within warranty. It is just how it is.

My powerBook is like yours, it is no big deal. Your next one would probably have the same issue, if we can call that an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.