Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xonbugeja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
i'm wondering if i'm the only one that's experiencing this, i just updated to iOS 7 on my iphone 4 GSM (NOT rev A), it's a bit sluggish, which is to be expected, but not really to a point where it's unusable.

my issue is with parallax, and the translucent finish to the dock on the bottom, folders, control centre, and even the home page on multitasking, basically all translucent features of iOS7... all of these features seem to be disabled, i've gone through all the settings, hoping i missed something..

is anyone else experiencing this on the iPhone 4 with iOS 7, cause i've been googling this for the past couple of hours, and i can't find anything related. . .

it's sort of reminiscent of the way Windows 7 disables Aero when major RAM is gobbled up, i understand if this is a feature to keep iOS 7 from crashing on the iPhone 4, but the fact that i couldn't find any related material on the web kind of got me thinking if this is just something very few people are experiencing, or if theres a very simple trivial fix which i'm missing..

Just wanted to check if anyone experienced this problem and found a way to fix it..

thanks

xonbugeja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
fair enough, but not really worth upgrading with a new iphone coming out in a couple of months...

And i'm sure that in the final version, this will be fixed, apple wouldn't dare say an iOS is supported by a model, and then leave out one of the main features they based the entire OS around..

silfer

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
Unfortunatly, I think the blurred translucency will not happen on the iPhone 4.
Just look at what Apple did with the iPhone 3G not being able to have a background image (with icon shadows).

I just really hope they make a better dock for the older counterparts.. (or just no dock at all, for that matter) everything is better then this stubborn solid thing.

So sorry to burst your bubble!

Don't worry, it will be fixed by the jailbreak community in a zip.

travisbrowning

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Yup, I'm rocking a 4 too and I think the dock looks kinda ******. Really hoping its just a bug or that they give us another dock option. Either way I'm still happy. My 4 was going slow too, restart it, it helped me immensely.

dimdom

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
All these are addressed in the release notes of the beta for iphone 4. So I believe/hope they will get fixed ;)

Springboard
Notes:
‣ Active touches are no longer canceled when the user takes a screenshot.
‣ Dynamic wallpaper is not available on iPhone 4.

UIKit
Notes:
‣ Blurred layers are not available on iPhone 4.
‣ Parallax is not available on iPhone 4.
‣ Letterpress text is not available on iPhone 4.

Weather
Notes: Weather conditions are not animated on iPhone 4.

psycho93

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Ireland

Attachments

• Attachment-1.png
    Attachment-1.png
    285 KB · Views: 157

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
I really don't expect these features to come to the 4. I do think they will fix up the dock and a few other places where the lack of the blurred layers really looks lousy.

Clock icon works tho :)

here is it on my 4

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    692 KB · Views: 177
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.