PDA

View Full Version : Safari's new UI

crimsontide165
Jun 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
Overall I'm liking iOS 7, but everything about the new Safari feels like a step back. For me it's super slow and jumpy - less easy to navigate than than in iOS 6. I know it's in beta but it's still has Safari's engine (webkit/nitro). Also the new tab view feels clunky and unnecessary. Anyone else having the same problems/agree with me?

MoparShaha
Jun 11, 2013, 02:30 PM
I really dislike how the upper and lower menu bars appear/disappear on scrolling. In landscape mode, the viewable area can become very small depending on the menubars' status.

Somewhat unrelated, but I keep bringing up Control Center when I'm trying to scroll down in Safari while in landscape. Not a Safari issue, but frustrating none the less.

DDustiNN
Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
I really dislike how the upper and lower menu bars appear/disappear on scrolling. In landscape mode, the viewable area can become very small depending on the menubars' status.

Somewhat unrelated, but I keep bringing up Control Center when I'm trying to scroll down in Safari while in landscape. Not a Safari issue, but frustrating none the less.

I agree with this. The disappearing bar causes me to click links sometimes when I really just want to make it appear so I can press back. And I also accidentally access the Control Center when scrolling. It's slightly annoying.

But other than that, I absolutely love everything else. Especially the tabs. Beautiful, and so much more functional now. I love than you can have more than 8 (which was so annoying), and I also love that you can manually sort them now.

Now just give me an option to leave the navigation bar stationary and I'll be happy :D

crimsontide165
Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM

I've done the same thing too. Another thing like that is in the music app. If you have your volume at half-ish level you can't press create for iTunes Radio (at least on the 4s).

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/13297416/640/Picture-Box/Photo-Jun-11%2C-2-33-08-PM.png