PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Devs will mimic this new icon style for their apps?

SwingOnThis
Jun 11, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hopefully not.

TouchMint.com
Jun 11, 2013, 03:29 PM
There were a lot that featured a flat style way before this announcement (icon and interface). Most apps no longer use the bubble render I wouldn’t be surprised if this option is gone in xcode 5.

Patriot24
Jun 11, 2013, 03:31 PM
Yes. You are going to be seeing a lot of this look & feel in every day life going forward.

Also, Helvetica Neue Ultralight is in.

TouchMint.com
Jun 11, 2013, 03:36 PM
Yes. You are going to be seeing a lot of this look & feel in every day life going forward.

Also, Helvetica Neue Ultralight is in.

First of all go dbacks.

Second yea I was looking for that font in xcode but its not in 4.x I bet they include it in xcode 5 though.

falconeight
Jun 11, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hopefully not.

You just asked yourself a question then answered it. Awesome!

Patriot24
Jun 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
First of all go dbacks.

Second yea I was looking for that font in xcode but its not in 4.x I bet they include it in xcode 5 though.

So you're saying that the DBacks will be switching the font of their names and numbers on their jerseys to Helvetica Neue Ultralight? :)

</ot>

doug in albq
Jun 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
many are already mimicking "flat" but to mimic what apple just released with iOS 7 is, yet, some undefined style other than flat. I think the new iOS 7 style should be called "neon unicorn."

Will developers or the visual designers they hire copy "neon unicorn" in the styling of their icons?

This designer will not. I like simple, uncluttered, clean design. I do not like "neon unicorn."