PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else actually experiencing better battery life on iOS 7?

duelingdragons
Jun 11, 2013, 02:32 PM
Since installing it last night, I unplugged my phone at 7:15 this morning when I woke up, and as of right now, its at 58%.

4 hours, 3 minutes of usage
7 hours, 45 minutes standby

I only plugged it in for about 5 minutes in my car during lunch, to listen to a podcast.

fivedots
Jun 11, 2013, 02:35 PM
It's been out for less than 24 hours. You can't even begin to judge battery life yet.

duelingdragons
Jun 11, 2013, 03:12 PM
It's been out for less than 24 hours. You can't even begin to judge battery life yet.

I understand, but I saw tons of people complaining about battery drain, I just found it odd because I'm not having that problem at all.

iamthekiller
Jun 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
You can not possibly make such a conclusion with so little testing. The fact that you charged it makes your test even more worthless!

grillz813
Jun 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
I'm running ios7 on my IP4 and I did a quick test and found that my battery dropped 36% from a full charge, light use, and medium brightness.

This might be odd but I find my phone is charging faster than normal. Anyone have this happen?

danielceleste
Jun 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
You should discharge your device completely once, charge it completely, and then monitor battery activity. That will probably provide a better indication as to how your batter (or batter indicator) is performing.

falconeight
Jun 11, 2013, 03:20 PM
I don't notice a difference

iamthekiller
Jun 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
I'm running ios7 on my IP4 and I did a quick test and found that my battery dropped 36% from a full charge, light use, and medium brightness.

This might be odd but I find my phone is charging faster than normal. Anyone have this happen?

Impossible. It's in your head.

NovemberWhiskey
Jun 11, 2013, 04:10 PM
worse over here.

14% vs 2% overnight while sleeping.

will watch over time. could just be updating.

PezCore
Jun 11, 2013, 04:18 PM
Just had to plug mine in since a full charge. The "please charge" window is different now as well. Smaller outlined battery with a cable at the bottom

iBreatheApple
Jun 11, 2013, 04:19 PM
Could be a placebo effect after reading other initial statements but I think so. It's definitely NOT worse. :apple:

robwilson
Jun 11, 2013, 04:21 PM
I havent seen any issues with battery life, but I have a juice pack as a backup!:D

northernbaldy
Jun 11, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mines going down faster because I'm playing about with the phone more than usual!
I'm sure it's the same for everyone with ios7

Patriot24
Jun 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
I just ran my iP5 dry:

Usage: 4 Hours, 44 Minutes
Standby: 8 Hours, 43 Minutes

The lion's share of the usage, probably 4 hours, were on phone calls with the screen active (a lot of muting and unmuting during conference calls). Connected to Wi-fi the entire time.

I usually can get an hour or two more out of the talk time with the same routine.

iBreatheApple
Jun 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
I just ran my iP5 dry:

Usage: 4 Hours, 44 Minutes
Standby: 8 Hours, 43 Minutes

The lion's share of the usage, probably 4 hours, were on phone calls with the screen active (a lot of muting and unmuting during conference calls). Connected to Wi-fi the entire time.

I usually can get an hour or two more out of the talk time with the same routine.

Can you honestly say you weren't playing with it any more than normal?

johndallas999
Jun 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mines not good at all!!!!! Boo

nalk7
Jun 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
My iphone 4 seems to be having better battery life than with iOS 6, and I've been playing with it all day. I just wish the OS wasn't so laggy :(

Patriot24
Jun 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
Can you honestly say you weren't playing with it any more than normal?

Oh I completely admit that I was. My post was not meant to infer that the battery life is sub-standard. In fact, for a beta, I think it is pretty good.

batting1000
Jun 11, 2013, 05:05 PM
Can't tell. My usage numbers changed to a dash randomly at some point. Guess I gotta wait till I recharge and unplug again. It does seem like it's draining a bit faster than iOS 6.1.4.

R4z3r
Jun 11, 2013, 05:07 PM
I believe my battery life is worse than normal. Normally I leave work with 30% battery (5 PM). Today, my phone was dead by 2PM. I do give some of that to my use, but it was definitely moving down faster than prior to iOS 7.

With that said, we'll see tomorrow when I'm not "playing with it" as much. Not bad for a beta, but no where near where the stable release needs to be in my opinion

Antoni Nygaard
Jun 11, 2013, 05:10 PM
Here is mine. A bit better than normal.

Shockwave78
Jun 11, 2013, 05:10 PM
Last night when i installed it i pretty much just updated to IOS 7 and im sure thats what most did. I was getting pretty bad battery life so i uninstalled it and put back 6.1.4(I really just wanted to see if i could go back) which i did.

I just installed the beta 7 again, this time i did it the same way, but after everything was installed. I went back to settings and selected the "Erase all content and settings" and returned the phone back to 100% stock, the apple welcome screen showed up which it did not originally when updating from ios 6.x. I then set it up as a new phone.

Its much...much..smoother i will say. Its only been about 20 minutes since the install but i can tell a huge difference from last nights "upgrade" compared to todays " setup as new"

MrAgileBeast
Jun 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
battery life is terrible on my device. i was playing the music driving to work. in less than 10 minutes it had dropped more than 10% Its baddd. i let it die completely and i didnt have to do much just normal use. any suggestions?