PDA

View Full Version : Mail bug

zen
Jun 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
Using Apple Mail with two accounts - one is gmail, one is another IMAP account hosted elsewhere.

No problems sending, receiving, checking, synching, in either account, but the dock icon and the inbox itself is only reporting new mail for gmail.

For example, I have 41 messages in my inbox (18 in gmail and 23 in the other IMAP). My dock icon only shows 23 new messages, and in the main mail view, next to the second account it shows 23 (with 23 unread stated in the title bar), but for gmail there is no indicator, and when I go into that mailbox it just says 18 messages, despite the fact that they are all unread.

Anyone else seen this? Quitting mail and restarting the Mac don't fix it.

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
Using Apple Mail with two accounts - one is gmail, one is another IMAP account hosted elsewhere.

No problems sending, receiving, checking, synching, in either account, but the dock icon and the inbox itself is only reporting new mail for gmail.

For example, I have 41 messages in my inbox (18 in gmail and 23 in the other IMAP). My dock icon only shows 23 new messages, and in the main mail view, next to the second account it shows 23 (with 23 unread stated in the title bar), but for gmail there is no indicator, and when I go into that mailbox it just says 18 messages, despite the fact that they are all unread.

Anyone else seen this? Quitting mail and restarting the Mac don't fix it.

are you referring to the dock icon not reflecting? I just sent myself an email to my iCloud email address and the icon reflected it right away..

zen
Jun 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
The dock icon doesn't reflect the count in the gmail inbox. Additionally, in the main mail window, the counter does not change or appear next to the mailbox itself.

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
The dock icon doesn't reflect the count in the gmail inbox. Additionally, in the main mail window, the counter does not change or appear next to the mailbox itself.

I just added my gmail account to the default mail app and the dock icon and mail app are both reflecting the 1 new message I have that I haven't read yet..

You may want to try deleting and reading the gmail account.

zen
Jun 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
I just added my gmail account to the default mail app and the dock icon and mail app are both reflecting the 1 new message I have that I haven't read yet..

You may want to try deleting and reading the gmail account.

Will do. I was sure it was working to start with!

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 03:17 PM
here's a screenshot, is this what you're referring to?

zen
Jun 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
here's a screenshot, is this what you're referring to?

Yes. So in my case I have gmail and IMAP (not iCloud). The IMAP account is fine. The gmail one is not showing the unread count in the sidebar (or in the app title bar when I'm in that inbox).

NStocks
Jun 11, 2013, 03:21 PM
Has the UI changed at all in Mail? I take it it no longer has grey linen?

FSUSem1noles
Jun 11, 2013, 03:26 PM
Yes. So in my case I have gmail and IMAP (not iCloud). The IMAP account is fine. The gmail one is not showing the unread count in the sidebar (or in the app title bar when I'm in that inbox).

I don't usually have my gmail go through the mail app so I just added it and it is working. I'd definitely try removing it and then add it back again. When I added my gmail account I just clicked on gmail and typed in my password took a few seconds to load up but it did with no issues. You might even want to try retyping your password for gmail in the mail app it could be that as well..

----------

Has the UI changed at all in Mail? I take it it no longer has grey linen?

Nothing drastic looking in mail, In my opinion the notes app has more of a drastic change. It's no longer yellow with the black lines and the font is Helvetica which I like better because you can tell the difference clearly between 0 and O, although it can always be added back after all it's only the initial beta..

benwiggy
Jun 11, 2013, 03:53 PM
If you think you have found a bug, then you should report it. That's what beta testing is for.

zen
Jun 12, 2013, 02:18 AM
If you think you have found a bug, then you should report it. That's what beta testing is for.

Of course. But I was curious to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Forums are for discussion :D

benwiggy
Jun 12, 2013, 02:40 AM
Technically, you shouldn't be discussing 10.9 outside the Apple private forums.
That's what NDAs are for. :D

zen
Jun 12, 2013, 02:42 AM
Technically, you shouldn't be discussing 10.9 outside the Apple private forums.
That's what NDAs are for. :D

Ha! You've got me there...

j-a-x
Jun 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
It seems that if you change the dock unread count option to all mailboxes instead of just inbox in Mail Preferences it works as expected. It's still annoying because you get some false positive unread flags (like unread messages in the trash), but it's better than missing new emails!