PDA

View Full Version : rMBP thread - Beta 1

portishead
Jun 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
as I stated before, Wifi dropped out on my twice last none. Hasn't happened today.

I had a mysterious logout once

It didn't wake from sleep properly once.

I did an upgrade from a new install of 10.8.4. I might try to do a clean install, but I'll wait until Beta 2 I think since everything is working okay so far.

I got Skype to work by using an older version. So something to keep in mind.

atMac
Jun 11, 2013, 04:09 PM
I did an install over 10.8.4 on my 13in retina and 10.8.3 on my Mini, both have been just fine for me. The only problem app I have is Skype, and a few Chromium nightlies, but that may be Chromium, not OS X.

portishead
Jun 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
Like I said, just grab an older version of Skype. That's what I did, works fine.

bkribbs
Jun 11, 2013, 09:20 PM
Can anyone who had lag please share if they still do? I'll be choosing my laptop based upon the result of this!

Andrmgic
Jun 11, 2013, 09:22 PM
Can anyone who had lag please share if they still do? I'll be choosing my laptop based upon the result of this!

In that case, I'd advise that you wait until they release the final version of Mavericks.

Judging performance from an early version is never a good idea. If it doesn't perform well enough for you in Mountain Lion, assume it won't in Mavericks either.

bkribbs
Jun 11, 2013, 09:45 PM
In that case, I'd advise that you wait until they release the final version of Mavericks.

Judging performance from an early version is never a good idea. If it doesn't perform well enough for you in Mountain Lion, assume it won't in Mavericks either.

No I need a laptop before then. But if its fixxed in a beta, itll be fine in the release!

The510Kid
Jun 12, 2013, 12:18 AM
is MPlayerX crashing at startup for anyone/everyone else?